327607posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First yearly appointment

5 REPLIES 5

Re: First yearly appointment

Hi  ladybowler, well im through it and with your advice i survived the first one!  I drove myself mad with anxiety but thankfully the result came back clear this time.  Thank you for your advice and support it helped a great deal xx LynR

Community Champion

Lyn and Pippin

When I had mine post op, I advised the lady that I had had surgery on that side for bc and she manually adjusted the paddles, she apologised that she needed to get it as tight as possible so that they got a good image but it did help that she did it that way.  I also took paracetamol an hour before the apt xx

Highlighted

Thanks for this i have my first annual appointment next month and am anxious about it, not least because op site is often tender (being the wuss that i am im not looking forward to it for various reasons) your advice is a real help thanks. Xx

Thank you for replying rubycat. Nice to hear something positive and thanks for the advice on taking painkillers xx

Panic not Pippin!! All should be ok, take some pain killers about 20mins before you go.  All hospitals are different of course and think it depends on what you've had done. I just had WLE, & am now into my third year, so have had two mammos since.  Last year was fine, just like the mammos were prior to getting bc. First one would have been just as painfree, but I'd had a seroma drained the day before, so it did hurt, but even got through that.  YOu should find it all ok, still that horrible waiting for results though, that never goes away.  Do hope you find it bearable. Cat Happyxxx

First yearly appointment

Hi all I have my first yearly appointment tomorrow and feeling very anxious. Can anyone tell me what happens and what tests they may do. Thanks hope you are all doing ok x