Gutted - 5 year mammo cancelled

How are other ladies feeling after having their mammograms cancelled?  I understand the necessity in the present situation, but am absolutely gutted as it would have been my 5yr one next Tuesday.  I don’t think many people understand the importance of these milestones to us but know that people on here will. It didn’t help that it was a generic letter addressed to ‘Dear Madam’ and referring to ‘routine screening’.  5 years doesn’t feel routine to me!  I was also scheduled to have, what I believe, would be my final consultation at the end of April when I could discuss finishing Anastrozole.  That has now become a telephone consultation which I find hard to get my head around when I won’t have had my mammo before hand.  Sorry for the rant but had to get it off my chest.  I know I shouldn’t be so worked up about it and think how fortunate I am.  It must be awful for anyone just starting out on their BC journey.

Hi Ruthiesings,

I know exactly how you are feeling. I got a letter this morning postponing my 2 yr mammogram and like you, felt very upset. I understand that we are all in a very difficult situation and that everyone’s safety is the top priority, but I had been psychologically “gearing up” to this mammogram for a long time, because like you say, it is another significant milestone. I too feel lucky beyond words and feel now that I have to be even more determined to keep well - not that I wasn’t trying before!

I have read lately about the world having to get used to “the new normal” and it made me think of all those brave souls who had faced a cancer diagnosis in the past, and who were already familiar with this phrase and trying to realise it.

Take care and look after yourself.

Louise 

I’m 4 years on and mammogram also cancelled due to the current situation, haven’t a clue when I will eventually get, it makes me uptight as it’s always a great bit of news to recieve that there’s no concerns or abnormalities, just need to hang tight

Hi all

Apologies if this has been already asked, but have all routine mammograms been cancelled across the country? Mine is due next month, but have not received a letter either way.

Sue xx

Hi everyone 

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast last year, had surgery and radiotherapy, i was due for my first mammogram on the 20th of this month but it’s been cancelled, again as all of you have said I appreciate it’s a very difficult time but again this doesn’t stop me worrying,  just to add to my worry my areole is a dark brown colour on that breast, which is causing me to worry even more, 

sending love & hugs to you all xxxx