Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HER2+ AND 5 YEARS ON

6 REPLIES 6
Anxious-Soul

Re: HER2+ AND 5 YEARS ON

Hi there Skye,

Yes, every day is a gift.

Over the past 3 years I have strived to make some happy memories  with the people whom I care about and further developing a career path has taken a back burner. This is just my path, we are all different and people will respond differently to this extremely challenging life event.

On the way I have met some beautiful people, not in an aesthetic sense, which has totally blown me away - those being the professionals on the front line. 

No, I have not heard of Inhertu. It feels comforting to know that cancer treatment is rapidly moving forward to catch those who may need help in the future. 🙂

Skye

Hi Helen

Anniversary dates are always a horrible reminder of how we felt when we were diagnosed I still remember mine vividly and that feeling of a death sentence being passed - no matter what the consultant said, I was convinced that my number was up!  Now, I look back and realise the fear was caused by a lack of knowledge and not knowing anyone who was in the same situation as me.  I’m one of those people who has to know everything possible, I research, I look for positives, I try to negate the bad bits and look for ways where I can deal with/minimise the side effects.  

Every day you’ll feel better and your strength and energy will return.  It’s such a great feeling when you wake up and don’t think or feel the effects of cancer.  As Anxious Soul has said, be gentle with yourself.  There is no rush with this journey, and if you have to take things at a slower pace - or even find an alternative way to do things - then please do. We can all be a bit too hard on ourselves instead of allowing ourselves the time and patience we need.  Keep us updated with your progress, it’s always great to hear how others are doing. Have a wee hug from me! xxx

Skye

Hi Anxious Soul

Great that you’re now 3 years on - every day is a blessing isn’t it.  Hopefully, by now you’ll be feeling a lot better, like me!  Have you heard of the new drug Inhertu that’s been developed?  This is for those you’ve developed secondary HER2 cancer. Every year there are more and more new developments to help fight against this horrible disease.  As each year progresses, the worry becomes a little less. Big hugs to you xxx

Anxious-Soul

HI HelenW,

You're moving forward. Be gentle with yourself, always. 🙂

HelenW

Thanks for starting this thread Skye and your post Anxious Soul. I am half way through my post-op Her/Per injections and approaching the anniversary of my HER2+ diagnosis. I'm just starting to look ahead to 2022 as my fatigue starts to fade. Post-radiotherapy rib tenderness emerged recently, but it's proving to be a welcome catalyst for the next stage for me.

Anxious-Soul

Thanks for sharing Skye. I came on here to get some advice and saw your post, I had to have a peep as I too am HER2 positive, 3 years on 3/1/2021. 

Skye

HER2+ AND 5 YEARS ON

Just wanted to let everyone know that even though this diagnosis is scary, I’m now not waking up and thinking I’m going to die. It’s a fabulous feeling knowing I’ve came this far and I want to give hope to other people out there!  Stay strong and trust in your medical team and BC nurse. Big hugs everyone. ❤️