Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again???

7 REPLIES 7
Charys
Community Champion

Re: Here we go again???

Thanks for updating Jojo ! A fabulous outcome for you, but yes that took a LOT of courage to go and get checked again. 🙂

Jojo1447

Just to update you.

I got my referral last Friday at the hospitals breast clinic.

To be fair i was quite relaxed going to hospital and i know its sounds aweful but it was kind of like being home, not that i wanted to be....

I sat in the waiting room eyeing up the other women sat there and remembering around 18months ago this was me sat there thinking 1 in 2 thats all i could think as thats what the ads say 1 in 2 of us will get cancer in our lifetime.  Again still quite relaxed.  I saw my surgeon in and out of consultation rooms.  I got called in. Didn't get to see my surgeon but saw his registrar who was very nice, put me at ease right from the minute he spoke.  He took my history and examined me.

After that he said he couldn't feel anything abnormal but praised me for going to get checked considering my history.  He arranged for a mammogram and an ultra sound and said if they saw anything worrying they would do a biopsy.  Thankfully nothing abnormal on the ultrasound and was told that the mammogram looked ok too.  The ultra sound just showed raised bumpy tissue which they say is normal around the lymph nodes a little lower than my scar.

My first mammogram was due in April, but have been told that this will now be deferred until next year as they class this one now as my first.

Have to say i am relieved, just hope all those ladies in the waiting room had ok outcomes.

Jojo1447

Hi

I have a couple of good friends but this is how i process and deal with things im afraid....its just me lol.

I may have to vent and let off steam here occasionally 🙂

Charys
Community Champion

I'm sorry Jojo, I can only imagine how hard it is to need to go back for some investigations at this point. If you don't want to share with your family - is there anybody else around you who can share the burden of this wait with you ? Its going to be so very tough on you emotionally, without even trying to keep it all locked inside yourself. Obviously - there is this forum and the helpline - but anybody in your sphere at home ?

Jojo1447

So had a doctors appointment last night.

She couldn't feel anything to begin i had to point it out which she then agreed there was something different.  Going to try to refer me back to my team for imaging and further checks.

It never ends.... just feel like you're getting back on track then something else comes along to pull you back down.

I am feeling so anxious now, decided not to mention anything to family until i know one way or another, i can't have them to worry until there is something confirmed to worry about.

Jojo1447

Thanks xx

Charys
Community Champion

I agree with you, I think that some doctors and surgeries are still stuck in a strange position of not returning to the forefront of STANDARD medicine and are filtering out far too many people through a set of processes like you encountered today. Its complicated isn't it, and I'm sure they have pressures, but that is certainly how it looks and feels when you have a need for their help. Those who are suffering now are those who have issues unrelated to the pandemic.

Anyway, I digress. Firstly, I feel kind of 'unqualified' to respond to your message, an apology ;). I know very little about triple negative, nor the treatments, as my cancer type was very different. You have only just finished your physically and emotionally gruelling treatment 6 months ago, and I just wanted to reach out to you and offer you some support when you need to return to get something else checked out, which may or may not be a recurrence. You must be still exhausted from finishing your previous year of stress. I hope it won't be another 'here we go again', but you know the drill and are reporting something quickly and hopefully can be seen quickly (after getting through the red tape at the surgery!). 

Not strong enough ? You just would be, having done it once you have shown your astounding inspiring strength, and you'd have everyone beside you again just as last time. I hope it doesn't come to that though x

Jojo1447

Here we go again???

So in August 2020 i was diagnosed with TNBC.  Underwent chemo, lumpectomy and 3 weeks of Rads which finished in July last year.

Had the normal anxiety which i think we all go through, every pain/ache we all think is it back.

All well really until i found a small lump same breast opposite side.  Lump is small and not painful as last one was.

Contacted breast cancer nurse who has informed me i need to go through GP.

After being caller 20 in a que this morning 50 mins later i finally get through to book an appointment. Only to be told doctor will call back to discuss if i need an appointment with him arrrrgh!!!

I know we are still going through covid but i do feel doctors are still hiding behind it.

I know i have to face upto the fact that i may have a recurrence but not sure i am strong enough to go through this again.