Hyperpigmentation - any advice?

Hi everyone it’s me again. Overjoyed at reaching my 5 years NED but just as you think it is safe to go in the water as they say then another shark appears! I had my routine dental exam yesterday and the dentist noticed I have 2 tiny (and I mean micro small) red spot on my lip and said he wanted to get them checked out so yet another referral to the maxillary clinic (had one 2 years ago for a nodule on my upper frenulum which was benign) and back on the bloody merry go round of waiting and anxiety. I have noticed that I have lots of hyperpigmentation on my face which has been confirmed by my GP is due to the Tamoxifen. Just wanted to know if any of you guys out there have a similar experience including any red dots like cherry angiomas or little burst blood vessels on the lip? Would reassure me no end as my dentist talked about possible squamous cell carcinomas from sun damage and while these are not as dangerous as melanoma I could do without any more disfiguring  surgery lsurgery especially on my face! ?

Hello Oldspice,

Sorry I don’t know anything about red spots on lips or hormone treatment related hyperpigmentation.  I just wanted to say five years NED is a good place to be so well done to you for coping with it all as I know from previous posts you have had some challenging times.  And yes, I suppose they continue but good on your dentist for noticing and for referring you pronto to Max clinic.  Fingers crossed it is nothing and really hope you don’t have to wait too long for an appointment.

Hope you let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chick x