Infusion

Hi everyone ,

sorry not been here for a while lot going on back and forth from the hospitals, ok dose anyone else get the infusions for your bones instead of the tablets I would be happy if some one can gen me up on this as I will start my infusions tomorrow, fed up as well of giving bloods they keep coming back abnormal so hey let’s see how things go, also found out I have a very fatty liver non alcohol, and since my surgery I’ve been so stressed ou I now have awful bladder problems which is really upsetting me and all I want to do is be me, but me I’m lost and I don’t know how to find my way back to me if you understand , so yep lots of hospital appointments and Dr appointments, I dread when the postman has been as I always have a hospital appointment any way if any of you have had these infusions please let me know how you got on any side effects well the works hopefully chat again soon and keep you updated on what will happen next.

much love

CATT57

Hi Catt

i have infusions every 6 months…very routine at my cancer hospital…bit fluey after the first one…,fine after that…no side effects at all…have bloods taken 1 week before…they looking at your vitamin D levels and calcium levels…in and out of chemo unit in 30 mins…also get given high strength vitamin D to take monthly alongside my usual adcal…hope all goes well for you

Hey catt, sorry to hear you’re sounding so overwhelmed and lost. You’re still you, you’re just going through some really *bleep* things right now. You’re still in there, and things will improve - hang in there!

Onto the bisphosphonates… I’m halfway through my course of 6 infusions, one every 6 months. Not going to sugar coat it: the first one was pretty rough. Struggled to sleep the first night as everything just sort of low-key ached, then a couple of days of flu-like symptoms. Paracetamol and plenty of fluids is my best advice, and just plan to crash out on the sofa. In the grand scheme of things, though, not so bad, and only a short spell of it!

The second and third ones have been loads easier - a couple of days of feeling a bit under the weather, but not that bad at all.

Actually getting the infusions is absolutely fine. Take something to entertain you, a book or something. Mine only take about half an hour to get, but by the time they set you up and faff about, I’m in for an hour each time. I didn’t feel anything while I was getting it, or immediately afterwards.

Happy to answer any other questions. Keep taking care of yourself xx