cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large tumour

9 REPLIES 9
Butterfly318

Re: Large tumour

Aww Rockstarchic thanks for reply sorry i only just picked it up.  Love a bit of music, it really is a good distraction..

Rachy,   yes i did have positive node... just 1 out of 20+   My Consultant removes all nodes if Tumour is 4cm or above based on expeience and reseach.  (I think this is NICE recommendation as well).  She was amazed only 1 node and said she fully expected many more given the size of the tumour.  If she could put them back she would have done but.  I can be honest and say in the first 4 + years i had every type of therapy / counselling known to man with very little effect. (or so i thought)  4 episode whereby i had residential at Penny Brohn Cancer Care Centre.  I went to sleep thinking about recuurance and woke up thinking about recurrance.  It is only natural for us to compare our situations, we need reassurance.

In the last two years i have gradually got a little bit better, not so anxious and this year for the first time i have booked a holiday in advance.  Booked February to go end May.  I have even just applied for a new job, massive forward planning for little old me. 

I have to say my Husband has just been a treasure throughout the whole thing which is helpful.  My GP has also been great keep sending me for Xrays when i'm panicking etc...  Rachy you allow yourself time to reflect, push for reassurance from GP / Doctors, take care of yourself  and your thoughts will slowly and gradually change.  Butterfly xx 

Rachy65

Hi Moijan
Thankyou for the reply
To be honest, I have been alot better just lately, and am getting stronger day by day.
I always remember you bring a true inspiration for me in the early days last year.. and You still are xx
Moijan

Rachy, I appreciate why you are asking this large tumour,question again. And I am very sorry your anxiety is again plaguing you in this way - you seemed to have knocked it on the head for a while,  and now it’s prodding you again. 

however, as someone who has seen a lot of anxiety in people over the years,  I’m not convinced any answer, To this particular question, will be able to offer you any lasting peace of mind.

We are all managing our own, individual, very different cancers:  -  each  of which may respond differently to each of the others , depending upon the individual,    - in our own way.

I also recall being told never to compare myself to others, as it doesn’t have much value, because of the fact that. there are hundreds of different Breast cancers.

Why don’t you go back to see your counsellor,  and ask her advice about ways to help you move forward,

‘I recall a lot of self help ideas were being shared amongst us all at the time you first raised this, .  have you tried any of them? You could make a list of those you did try - wether they helped at all,  and take that list with you when you see your counsellor - that step could have a lot of promise in planning your way forward.

Counsellors are really helpful experienced people and they deal with anxiety all the time - 

I myself have seen one when I felt the need. 

very best warm wishes to you.😘😘

MOijanxx

Rockstarchic

Butterfly I can sympathize with you I was diagnosed April14 . Been on tamoxifen since Nov 14 doing ok on that I have come to the conclusion aches and pains unless constant are part of aging I have terrible fear of doctors as have had few scares . My way around this now when feeling low listening to my iPhone with earplugs to uplifting music I cannot believe how much this has helped me it’s my music mindfulness try it .
Lou81

Hi Rachy  

im really bad at the minute with anxiety I’m driving myself up the wall. Had bloods done yesterday because I’m on the add aspirin trial, they always ask for my tumour markers to be checked so this puts me on edge waiting to hear results. 

Nothing eases the pain in my thigh and hip it’s constant 😔

xx

Rachy65

Hi Lou
Aww I'm the same as you with anxiety hun
It's debilitating for me xx
Rachael x
Rachy65

Hi hun
Thanks for reply
Did you have pos nodes butterfly? Xx
Butterfly318

Hi Lou & Rachy

You may never have seen any posts from myself.  I didn't join the forum until after all my treatment. Diagnosed in October 2012 with Grade 2 Stage 3  ER+8 PR+8 6.5cm Tumour.  Due to size and concerns to get Cancer under control my Consultant suggested Chemo first then look at trying to remove what was left of the tumour..... 6 months FECT with minimal response.  The Tumour was then 4.2 cm after removal.  Went on to have Mastectomy and Radiotherapy.  Since had various surgeries reconstruction and reduction to other side.

I had 2 years Tamoxifen... Fatigue / struggle to walk some days etc   (some brands give fewer side effects)

Consultant changed me to Letrazole after 2 years (Just her preferred treatment plan) and told me to expect to be on them for a further 8 years. 

So in answer to your question i am 5.1/2years on from Diagnosis.  I sill worry about aches and pains.  I have had Adcal D with the Letrazole for the last three years and for the last twelve months i have been prescribed Alendronic Acid once per week to help prevent further bone damage.  

I think it is partially side effects from medication and that it blocks the hormones that cause the ageing and the painful joints.  I try not to mither the GP but i'm not very good at that. 

I have had every therapy known to man and in reality the one thing that helps to stop me worrying 24/7.  Now i only worry 23/7......  is Mindfulness.

Be Kind to yourselves ladies and allow time for recovery.  Take Care Butterfly 318

Lou81

Hi 

My tumour was 6.5 cm and when I had sentinel node biopsy it had spread to there.

I finished treatment last July and I’m driving myself mad with every ache and pain. The past few weeks I’ve had bad pain in my leg and hip so I’ve convinced myself it’s in the bone. I’m on tamoxifen and I’m not sure if that’s what’s making my bones hurt 😔 

xx

Rachy65

Large tumour

Hi ladies
I havnt posted for a while.
I'm still "stuck" after 8 months, and having some really dark times.
I had a 6.5cm lobular, node neg.
Just wondering if anyone else doing well after large tumour?