Mammogram Time Again

94 REPLIES 94
Community Champion

Re: Mammogram Time Again

Hi 

Thank you.... Yes starting to feel better xx

Hi Sue

Just wondered if you're  feeling any better.

All the best.

Xx

Hi Sue, just read your message to me. That's absolutely fine about you sending me a pm xx

Community Champion

Hope you feel better soon Sue...

Fab news your mammo was clear! (Mine was too!! 💪🏻💗)

😘 xx

Community Champion

Thank you jencat❤️ would you mind if I sent you a pm later? Xx

Sue, I just had another look on the NHS website about ME and it mentions headaches and sickness being symptoms and it also says that people's symptoms can get worse for a while, but it is usually only temporary, so maybe that is what you are experiencing at the moment. I'm glad you've spoken to one of the nurses on here and she was able to advise you.

You're bound to be feeling low, especially if you're not feeling well and of course feeling anxious might be making you feel worse, which then makes you feel more anxious xx

Community Champion

Thank you Shi❤️

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sue ❤️❤️ Pack that anxiety in a suitcase, secure with chains and padlock and sling into cupboard and shut door and lock it up and put key in your pocket sue so you are in control 💪💪 they are keeping close eye on you and that’s good 👍I’m sure the weather can make us ache a bit more than usual, the damp wet weather hasn’t helped recently. Great news your mammo clear 👍😘😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Hi Jencat

Yes it is possible that it is ME symptoms. I just haven't had it go on for this long before and the nausea is new. I spoke to one of the lovely nurses on here, and she said that it was more likely that. I haven't changed my meds at all. 

I'm just feeling very low and poorly, and anxiety is going into overdrive! 

Thank you for talking to me xx

Sue, I just read on another post here that you've got ME and reading a bit about it, fatigue and feeling flu like are some of the symptoms, so hopefully you not feeling well could be because of your ME or if you've changed your medication recently maybe you're having a reaction to it? xx

Community Champion

Thanks Jencat xx

Sue, I'm so sorry that you're going through such a worrying time at the moment and it's no wonder that your thoughts are all over the place. 

Good news that your mammogram and bone scan were clear. Your bloods might not be quite right at the moment because maybe you've picked up a virus? They can take a long while to go and can make you feel really poorly. 

Thinking of you xx

Community Champion

Hi Ladies 

Looking for abit of support.... Struggling with anxiety over symptoms that I'm experiencing. 

I've been through the mill abit with various appointments and tests. After a clear mammogram, I saw my consultant and mentioned my hips were sore. I had an x Ray, which wasn't particularly useful, so then saw the oncologist who sent me for bone scan. This all came back clear, thank goodness. 

About a week after the scan, I started to feel ill. Initially sickness and nausea, and now 3 weeks later I still feel unwell.... Headaches, nausea, sweating, fatigue etc. Saw gp and had bloods done, which apparently came back borderline (?) and need to repeat in 2 weeks. She also said I should get a brain scan. 

Well, as you can imagine, my thoughts are all over the place. Really feels never-ending at the moment. Struggling to deal with all of this on my own. 

Thanks in advance xx

Thank you Aneeebel Smiley Happy  Yes,it was very sad about my friend, she was only 53. It makes me feel very grateful for my treatment x 

Funnily my breast feels slightly less uncomfy today-wonder if I was more aware of it because I was feeling anxious?! Also, because I haven't gone out today, I've remained braless and I think that helps! But I will contact BCN (If I can get hold of her!) if nothing has changed after I've followed consultants advice of massaging my breast regularly, although I was already doing that a lot xx

Thank you very much Michele and so pleased that you received good news too Smiley Happy I don't see anyone for a year now (unless I have any problems in the meantime) which seems a long time! Especially as I'm TN xx

Great news Jencat. I just heard that my mammogram is clear as well. I have a follow up with the surgeon in October. I know what you mean about wanting to tell your Dad. 😢 X

Community Champion

Jencat, yes, I do know what you mean! 💗💙

I also know what you mean about feeling like you're being rushed... 

Why don't you ring your Breast Care nurse and ask her your questions... it would be better than wondering about thing or even Ask the Nurses on here -that may be helpful! 💗

Sorry to hear about your friend x 😘

Thank you very much Aneeebel Smiley Happy

My mum died 22 years ago, but I still miss her Heart Dad used to keep mum 'alive' by talking about her and I feel a bit like I lost both of them when Dad died if that makes sense. 

I'm so grateful that everything was fine yesterday and I feel bad about having a little moan, but I just wish the appointment had been a little longer to discuss side effects of bc a bit more. It was a bit like everything is fine, the scar tissue is normal, keep massaging it and see you next year, but contact us if you have any problems.

I do feel appreciative of my treatment though-a friend was diagnosed with lung cancer the month before my bc and died last month xx

Community Champion

Fabulous news Jencat... 😘💪🏻😘💪🏻😘

I know what you mean about telling your Dad ... 💙

If only my Mum was here too.. 💗

💕🌸💕🌸💕🌸💕

Thank you Sue x I still can't quite believe it! xx

Community Champion

Jencat that's great about your mammogram! Now breathe.... Xx

Aneeebel and the lovely ladies who have sent me kind messages, thank you for all your support. My mammogram was clear, I still can't quite take it in as I'd convinced myself that something was wrong. Nothing was found when the consultant examined me either. Smiley Happy The scar tissue is normal and it will take a long time to go and I was told that my bc breast will never feel the same as the other one Smiley Sad I must admit I shed a tear when we left the unit, relief, but also sadness that I couldn't phone my dad to tell him the good news xx

Community Champion

Thankyou Jencat... let us know how you get on this afternoon x 💗

Sooo pleased to read you've had good news Aneeebel Smiley Happy Smiley Happy It's not good enough though that letters are taking several weeks, especially for people who are having a mammogram after having treatment for bc. I had a routine smear test recently and the nurse told me it could be up to 8 weeks before I got the results! (I think it was about 5 weeks when I received my letter) If I'd had treatment for cervical cancer that wait would have been unbearable. I think post cancer patients should be a priority to receive their results. 

Thank you for your good thoughts for today x I'm feeling very anxious about it, not helped that I've got to back to the same place where I was diagnosed and my appointment isn't until this afternoon. I go from thinking everything's fine to convincing myself that the bc is back xx  

Community Champion

Thankyou Sue...

😘 x

Community Champion

Aneeebel that's great news! So relieved for you😌 xx

Community Champion

Hi Jencat

I didn't receive my letter again so I emailed my BC Nurse to ask if my mammogram had been reviewed yet and whether any correspondence had been sent out "as the waiting was driving me mad"...

She replied saying That it was normal...

I was soooooooooooo relieved I had a tear in my eye!! 

She also said that "letters are taking several weeks at the moment!!!!" 

No way could I have waited several weeks!!!

Thankyou for asking x 💕

Everything is crossed for you for tomorrow!

🤞🏻😘

Have you received your mammogram letter yet Aneeebel? If so, I hope you've had good news xx

Community Champion

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday Jencat... everything is crossed! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻😘😘😘😘😘 xx

Aneeebel, I found the lump 8mths before my next mammogram was due- the letter inviting me to go for one arrived whilst I was in the middle of having chemo!

I hope you receive your results soon and it's good news Smiley Happy Yes it's in the back (and sometimes the front too!) of my mind as well. I'm definitely more anxious about it than this time last year, probably because it's left to us to find something now. My anxiety is also heightened because I'm TN and 2/3 years after diagnosis is when there can be a recurrence and this is my 2nd mammogram since diagnosis.

My daughter has just asked me what my plans are this week and the only ones I've got is the hospital appointment on Tuesday, I don't seem to be able to think beyond that at the moment xx

Community Champion

Thanks Jencat

I was advised 10-12 days but usually much sooner than that!! 

(I only had my mammo 9 days ago but it's on the back of my mind...)

I've only ever had one routine mammogram (I'd ignored the previous 2 invites!!) and was called back and diagnosed with Invasive Lobular BC in August last year! 😫

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thank you Aneeebel and thinking of you too x It's horrible having to wait for the post and then seeing the familiar hospital envelope arrive. When were your results due?

It's different in my area, I have to see my consultant for the results and have my yearly check up then too.

I think unless you've been through this then people have no idea how anxious we feel. It wasn't the same waiting for a letter when it was a routine mammogram x

Community Champion

Thinking of you for Tuesday Jencat 😘💗🤞🏻

(I'm still waiting for my results from my 1st annual mammo...it's driving me insane!!)

🎀🎀🎀🎀

Thank you very much Michele and Sue for your kind words and birthday wishes x

My birthday was emotional at times, but I had a nice day with my daughters and then later on we went to stay with some friends for the weekend. 60! How did that happen?!

Reassuring that hard breasts can be normal Sue and Michele. My breast still seems a bit swollen, but my onc didn't seem concerned about it when she examined me. I just worry that I might have overlooked something with my dad being ill and dying and not being so focused on my own health.

I am starting to feel anxious as the appointment with my consultant for my mammogram results gets nearer (next Tuesday) which is not helped that it's back to the same waiting room where I waited for my bc diagnosis 2 years ago x

Happy BIRTHDAY Jencat 🎂🎉🍾❤️ Wishing you an extra special day. 

I have lympoedema in my arm and breast and that makes my breast hard (with an orange peel effect) and in turn makes me anxious as difficult to self examine. So I am grateful that at the moment I am on Annual screening. Michele X 

Community Champion

Hi Jencat

It is perfectly normal to have harder areas, and you should take reassurance from what your oncologist says. They really know what to look for. But I agree with you, as the waiting for test results is just awful.

Chin up.... You will get through this xx

Thank you Sue and Aneeebel xx

Also feeling anxious about the mammogram results! I'm TN, so I'm more at risk of a recurrence now. My anxiety is heightened because I've got a hard area in my breast, which the oncologist checked and said it was scar tissue and normal-the radiologist told me yesterday that lots of women get it, but I'm convincing myself that it's not and worrying because of losing Dad, I haven't been so aware of what's going on with my breast as I might have been. I also hate that I have to get my results from my consultant and I always feel anxious in the waiting room with all the other poor women waiting to get theirs. xx

Community Champion

Happy Birthday Jencat 🎉🎁❤️🎊🎂 xx

Community Champion

Happy Birthday Jencat 🎂🍾

It will be an emotional day without your Dad but he will be in your heart forever xx 💙💙💙

Thank you Lucy, Sue C, willowherb, Optimisticmz and Aneeebel for your kind words and  x I'm sorry to read Lucy, willowherb and Optimisticmz that you've recently lost your dads too and sending you a hug. Aneeebel, my mum died 22 years ago and I can understand what you're saying, even after a length of time our parents are still very much missed. It would have been my mum's birthday on the 12th August.

Sue C, I took paracetamol before my mammogram yesterday and you're right, I'm sure it helped.

Well, it's my 60th birthday today (60, how did that happen?!) and I'm sure I will do some nice things, but feeling emotional about not spending it with my Dad and that's before I even open any cards! I bought the card Dad gave me last year with me as the words were so lovely, I didn't realise then that would be the last one i'd receive from him, so I'm glad it was extra special.

Thank you all again for your kindness xxx

Well I am now home...

Met a friend there too (unexpectedly!) which was nice.  Took the advice and had the tablets.  It did hurt, but not as much as I feared.  Now my shoulders are all aching from being pulled around and up to add to the stabbing pains.

1-3 weeks for results   . 

Glass of wine tonight

Community Champion

Well Ladies...I've been...👙🎀💪🏻

-now the waiting begins for my results!! I should receive a letter within 10-14 days...

I did point out I could be an alcoholic by then!!! 🙄🤔🍷

willowherb...I hope you got on okay and you weren't in too much pain! 😘

Sorry to hear about your beloved Dad x 💙

Jencat...hope you have a lovely birthday! Sorry to hear about your beloved Dad too... Stay strong! All the waiting is enough to tip you over the edge! 😘💙

Optimisticmz...blimey, that's a long time to wait!! Sorry to hear about your Dad 💙

My Mum passed away 9 years ago....I still miss her desperately! The last 12 months even more so! 💗

Sue C...thankyou x 😘💪🏻

Keep your chin up Girls...hope all goes well...thinking of you all xx 💗🌸🎀😘

Hi Jencat. I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I had my 2nd mammogram Monday and feeling very anxious. They said results in 3-4 weeks and that they will write to me but they didn't write last year. I also lost my Dad in January. I hope you can relax enough to enjoy your Birthday. Congratulations! Michele x

Sue

Thanks for the advice - will do!

Hi jencat

The reason I have to go away in September  is to scatter my Dad's ashes - like you it's been one helluva year - first this b awful diagnosis and then Dad's decline and death. Now we have to start again wit the tests. 

I never told him about the bc - there was no point as he would have been so worried. Because of all the stuff with him I have not thaought about the bc - and now it's all rushing back.

hugs

Community Champion

Willowherb, if you get to read this before you go, take some paracetamol beforehand. Also, tell the ladies doing the mammogram that you still have pain.... They are able to do the machine manually, so can be slow and gentle. 

Best wishes 

Sue xx 

Community Champion

Aahhh Jencat, sending you a gentle hug xx

I'm not sure that it gets any easier. The tests and waiting for results are the worst part of all this nonsense! I haven't found a way round it yet.... Just remind yourself of all the excellent treatment you've had.

People say keep busy, but I'm not always sure that's possible, so just sending you, and others waiting for test results, positive vibes ❤️

Sue xx

Hi Jencat,

Firstly so sorry to hear about your dad, I also lost mine a year ago, the loss of a parent is always hard.xx

I had my mammogram yesterday, forth one, I going on holiday for two weeks, the radiographer told me not to worry, but I think worry is now part of our lives.

do try to enjoy your birthday, remember, we're still here! we've got through it and will, Im sure, be here to celebrate many more birthdays to come Smiley Happy

all the best

Lulu

Hope you don't mind me joining you. I've just had my 2nd mammogram this morning and feeling anxious! I didn't cry when I got to the unit this time like I did last year-I think I was more emotional then, this year I feel more scared. I don't get the results until the 20th. In hindsight I should have tried to change the dates because it's my 60th birthday tomorrow and this is hanging over me. The radiologist was lovely, but obviously they can't tell you anything. All she said was think positive and enjoy your birthday. I'm feeling down anyway as my Dad died a few months ago and this will be my first birthday without him x

I have decided to go for my first annual one today (we just 'drop-in' here in the right month)

I feel sick. I had a lumpectomy and my boob still has stabbing pains so I am dreading the moment.

And dreading the wait for results, but I can't book to go away in September (which I absolutely have to) until I know.

All I can think about is that they didn't spot the DCIS around the lump on the first mammo, so what if...?

Oh , and I also have to have my last smear too - deep joy