Mastectomy Worry

I am due to have a right breast mastectomy, having surgery the hospital said first as HER2 results came back negative, I have an appointment next week to discuss my plan. I just want it gone now. I found a small hard gritty lump near my nipple under the skin which was cancer and have lots of pre-cancerous calcification. Can anyone help with my surgery worries and what to expect. Thank you. X

Hello Magpie,

I just wanted to say hello and acknowledge your post. It must be a worrying time for you. At least there are lots of people here in a similar situation.

You may find it helpful to list your “surgery worries”, and also to re-post your query on the “Going Through Treatment”/“Surgery” section as more people will see it there.

Also, you can contact the helpline and talk through your concerns with one of the nurses. Do you also have a specific BCN who you can also approach with any concerns? Most people have access but it does not always appear to be the case.

Wishing you all the best Magpie X ?

Thank you Chick1, I will add a comment on there and take a look. How are you doing? Thank you for the reply. X