cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Oh no Belle,that's all you need to be ill as well !! I had a few good hours yesterday after accupuncture ,but unfortunately woke up feeling awful as usual,although did manage to get a bit more sleep last night .Still having debate with myself and others whether to try anti -depressants -they seem to help about 1/4 people with anxiety .Acupuncturist says not to take them as I am very sensitive to medications and more likely to get side effects and that I am improving gradually any way -husband not sure he knows people who have been helped others made worse !!! My last experience of anti -depressants led to me having extreme reaction and ending up in hospital !!!! Friend has got me some Alpranax and will be bringing it back from her holidays in US.How do you take it - just as and when you feel you need it ?

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Belle

Oh dear...sounds like the flu. Take paracetamol and stay in bed! Do you have someone to look after you?

Sending a hug xx

Jbelle

Hello Mary.... how did it go at your dr? Hope all is alright.

Jill.....did you find the OFF switch at your acupuncture and hopefully it is still OFF.

Sue.... did you manage to get some more marmalade??

Rachy.... hope that you are doing better with each passing day.

Have had a horrible 2 days..... have a fever 38.6, cold and cough..... can't get any sleep. My joints are so so painful, my head is bursting, having the chills 😩😩😩 really don't need this on top of everything else

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Belle,yes going for accupuncture tomorrow and hoping to find the " off switch " !!! 😳
Jbelle

Hiya Mary, best wishes for tomorrow.....hope that all will go well for you. Take care xxx

Jbelle

Hiya Jill, how are you doing? Absolutely agree that anxiety causes exhaustion and totally wish there's an OFF switch......maybe we haven't found it yet!! 

Are you going for acupuncture tomorrow??

Jbelle

Hello Sue.... sorry to hear about your fatigue.... hope that you will get the referral and people would understand better. Being fatigue is really frustrating ...... just do what you can, Sue.

Big hugs ❤️❤️❤️

Rachy65

Hi Mary..mine was 6.5 cm lobular, grade 2, node neg..BC nurse said I'm mote likely to die from old age..but I worry constantly!.. had diagnosis 4 months ago xx
Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Mary

Mine was lobular too, but it did show up on mammogram. Also had an MRI because it can present itself in more than one place. Luckily, mine hadn't. 

Definitely push for an MRI and I'm sure it won't be a problem because of your history. I had a few concerns after mammogram and they did ultrasounds just in case.

After all your treatment, its extremely unlikely that they will be a problem. But that doesn't stop us worrying right?!

Best wishes for tomorrow.

Sue xx

Sue C
Community Champion

Yes, I agree. I think its a combination of physical exercise and anxiety. Been to drs and need to do a blood test before looking into managing it. Dr was happy to do it, as I'd already been to see her previously before the BC. Will need to go back again. There is a centre fairly near me that deals with CFS, so hopefully I will get a referral. Feel better for going xx

maryminder

Hi Ladies

I can feel my anxiety levels rising as the week goes on, first Mammogram tomorrow since  diagnosis last July, well meaning friends and family say that at least things are being kept an eye on which is true but from my point of view I have no faith in them.

Unfortunately my cancer was Lobular and it doesn't always show on a mammo, mine didn't in July (nor did it the previous Aug 2015 during a routine Mammo) and was only picked up by an MRI when it was stage 3 and 7cms, will see my consultant on 19th Oct for results and follow up and will be pushing for an MRI this time as well.

Sensible head is saying with all the treatment etc I am unlikely to have a problem but wobble head is being a right pain Smiley Sad I think a glass of wine is in order ( just the one after last Friday Smiley LOL)

Hugs

Mary xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Very frustrating .But I don't know what else you can do but pace yourself as much as possible and rest when ever you can .Anxiety causes a lot of adrenaline to pump around your body which makes you exhausted too .Wish there was an " off " switch !!!!
Sue C
Community Champion

Yes, its very hands on. I try to pace myself as much as poss, and the anxiety makes it worse. I just limit the amount of hours that I do. Frustrating😢

Jill1998
Community Champion

Unless you have experienced true fatigue you can't understand .Tired is a very different feeling .Do you do a very physical job ? It's quite hard to pace yourself at work .
Sue C
Community Champion

I think ideally they would want me to do more but I'm doing it at my pace. The trouble is, when I say I get ' tired' it seems quite lame. But its not tiredness really, it's fatigue. And when I'm at work I cope, but they don't see me the next day!

It just gets me down really xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Sue,at least if you can get it acknowledged it may help take the pressure off from work -are they wanting you to increase your hours soon ?
Sue C
Community Champion

Morning Ladies

Just checking in.......how are we all today?

I went back to work Tuesday. Increased my hours very slightly, so now doing 2 afternoons. I have a very physical role, so not able to do a lot of hours. It takes me the next morning to recover and I clearly didn't drink enough, so had horrible headache too. Going to drs this afternoon to discuss my fatigue. Not really sure what they can do, just really want it acknowledged and learn how to manage it, so others won't pressure me into doing too much.

Quiet on here, so just checking you're all OK.

Sue xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

That's good Mary .I have had a very
anxious day - it's exhausting -will be in bed by 8 - hoping for some restful sleep ....
Sue C
Community Champion

☺☺☺

ladybowler
Community Champion

mary

that is good news hopefully your counsellor will make sense of it xxx

Jbelle

Hello Mary, good to hear that you are alright. Must be your subconscious mind ranting and venting.

Take good care ❤️

maryminder

Hi Ladies

Saw GP and no urine infection so all good there, said it was probably a sort of pressure release and so long as I wasn't harming myself or anyone else was ok, she said i should tell the counseller when I see them, she was vey good and has helped to put OH's mind at ease, 

Thank you all for your concern and support

Hugs

Mary xx

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Mary
How did you get on at the Drs?
Sue xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

I feel a bit like that about Facebook too Rachel !! If you can get to the gym that is really good.
Rachy65

I'm up and down like a yo yo..just forcing myself go to the gym see if it will help me. I managed to take a brief look on fb earlier..just reminds me of my previous life with little worry..oh well..let's try get each other trough these difficult times ladies! Xx
Sue C
Community Champion

PS....if I'm right, then its nothing to worry about and will easily clear up with antibiotics x

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Mary

It could be that you have a urine infection. My Nan used to get them and had similar reactions. Get the gp to do a test tomorrow.

Sue xx

ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Mary,
As Jill says it sounds like some sort of dream state like a night terror. It's probably just the brain processing those thoughts. At least in acting this out you were angry & protecting your family.
It's good that you're feeling better, maybe its just part of the healing process.
ann x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Wow Mary ,that sounds scary .Sounds like a " night terror" a nightmare where you are actually asleep but seem awake .Very frightening for your husband .
maryminder

Hi Ladies,

Haven't posted for a while on here but the last few days have been a bit strange, saw my Oncologist on Wednesday and had a really positive appointment he took the time to answer my questions in detail, he also wasn't concerned re mark on Mastectomy scar which was a great relief, we decided I should go back on Letrozole but again he said I have other options if they caused a problem, left his office feeling very upbeat Smiley Happy, On Thursday I had a call from the counselling service who confirmed that I would be seen within the next few weeks which again lifted my mood, felt that things were moving forward, I decided in the end not to take the tablets the doctor gave me and have been able to a certain degree manage my anxiety or so I thought.

All in all a good news, went out Friday with OH and friends had a couple of drinks and spent a very pleasant few hours in good supportive company, during the night for some reason I apparantly went ballistic OH says I was in a semi awake/sleep state pacing the bedroom and pointing at something in one corner, he said I was very angry and upset, telling whatever that it wasn't going to hurt me or my family any more, that I would be watching for it and never again would I let it make my children cry, he said I was using the worst swear words imaginable, he sat in front of the bedroom door for nearly an hour while I ranted, eventually I was calm enough he managed to get me back into bed where I slept the rest of the night, all I can remember is shouting and pointing at the wall and i feel fine, we are going to see my GP on Monday just to reassure him that I am ok, anyone have any idea why this would happen now and should I be worried Smiley Mad

Hugs and Best Wishes

Mary xx

Sue C
Community Champion

Belle....so my son has realised that he actually really loves marmalade, so there is none left!😠

Jbelle

Hiya Rachy,

Great to hear that you are feeling better and doing stuff that you are enjoying. Way to go. Hope that all will be fine. Have a good weekend and take care

Jbelle

Hello Sue and Jill

Am doing alright, thanks. Hope that both of you are fine......minus the anxiety 😊

Can imagine how much you are going to miss your sons. Don't worry, Jill.....you have us here!

We all can have the virtual tea......Sue, please don't forget the toast with marmalade 😃

Have a lovely weekend. Take good care. Hugs ❤️❤️❤️

Jill1998
Community Champion

That's good a little bit of a diversion then .
Sue C
Community Champion

Yes, I have a daughter who is currently at college.

Jill1998
Community Champion

Will have to be a "virtual cup of tea" !!! Do you have other children at home Sue ?
Sue C
Community Champion

Quite a way from me then! Can't really pop in for a cup of tea! So sending more hugs xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

No Sue ,he's an only child.We are in North Lancs ,he is at Uni in Manchester which is not far away and he is coming home to support me when his Dad is away for a few nights .I have good friends but not quite the same .Just hoping I pick up mentally before he goes -hate feeling so vulnerable and dependent it's just not me .
Sue C
Community Champion

Where about are you in the world Jill?

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Jill

Yes he's fairly close by. In his third year at Chichester. They have such long holidays don't they? He was pretty much finished in May, so has been home for about 3 months.

Do you have any other children at home or nearby? Sounds like you're better if others are around.

Sue xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

That's great to here Rachel !!! I'm frustrated cos I felt so much better yesterday but today the hours are dragging and OH out for the day .
Rachy65

Hi ladies .I've actually started to feel better last 2 days..just been to gym with my partnet; feel so much better for it! Going to cinema tonight. .I'm determined to do my best to try get a bit of normality again..just trying keep busy and enjoy things again xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Sue,I had a good day yesterday -but woke up today feeling very anxious again which is a shame .My son goes back in 2 weeks time -Im dreading it as I have got used to his support over the last few weeks when Ive been bad with anxiety .Where is he at Uni ,is it close by ?
Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Ladies
How are we all doing?!
My son is going back to uni today, so busy sorting out his stuff. It's going to be quiet without him, as he's been here all Summer. But on the other hand, there's less mess! Every cloud.....
Hope you all have a lovely weekend 😊
Sue xx
Rachy65

Hi Jbelle..was the xanax from your GP?7..did you day you had to buy the alpranax online from the States? I'm a bit better..but only because I've had 5mg diazepam to calm me lol xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

And yes this does take a lot of energy .My OH is getting frustrated but I am trying my best,he wants me to be normal easier said than done !!!
Jill1998
Community Champion

GP not scary -just hate feeling trapped -always running late !! He has no solution - if only he did ! can take antidepressants which may not work,or hope it settles down over time and impact of medication that may well have caused some of the symptoms settle down .
Jbelle

Hi Rachy, how are you today?

Previously, I was prescribed one brand, which I forgot the name, then was given Xanax..... didn't really like them as it made me spaced out. Last month I was prescribed Alpranax and it does calm me down..... this is meant for anxiety. In fact, instead of taking one tablet, I take half and it is good enough for me.

Jbelle

Jill, why would you want to run away from your gp? Is he terrifying?

Strange that he haven't heard about Alpranax......So now, he has learnt from you

Now .....did you leave without any antidepressants? If he thinks it may not work, what did he suggest to help you with??

Thats a good question.....normally, when I wake up, the anxiety is already present.....I can't find the answer as to why!! As the day progresses, it does get better....then something may trigger the anxiety again, for example, if I feel tired, not well, being alone or work stress....sometimes just feel downright sad or overwhelming. I think my anxiety is highest when I am not well, going to see the drs, doing my checks .....I think I have more bad days than good days which I am trying my hardest to reverse that ...... doing this takes a lot of my energy. I admit that most times, I have to really force or drag myself to therapy or yoga.....easier to just be at home..... 😩

What about you, Jill?

Rachy65

Thanks Jbelle..I will have a look on line die alpranax ..do you known if it works at all hun? Xx