Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Sue C
Community Champion

Re: Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Hi Mary
I'm sure, given your history, that they will do an ultrasound at the very least, or an MRI.
Mine was also grade 3 lobular, but larger than yours, so it was picked up on the mammogram.
Hope all goes well for you tomorrow 😊
Let us know how you get on xx
Sue C
Community Champion

Jill that's great !!
maryminder

Hi Sue

I agree, it's the expectation of bad news, I had my 1st post treatmant  mammogram 3 weeks ago and have had letter to say nothing suspicious found, however I had a clear mammo 6mths before diagnosis and another clear one at my 1st clinic appointment, fortunately they did an ultresound as well that day which showed a pea sized lump, finally diagnosed with a 70mm stage 3 lobuler cancer which was only picked up on MRI.

Sensible head says all is fine but for my peace of mind I will be pushing for further check,s hopefully my consultant will agree, I believe this is when I get refered on for reconstruction, will let you know how it goes.

Mary x

Jill1998
Community Champion

The lucky pants must help Belle.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Friend came round and we both took dog out for 45 mins and a lot further than I have been brave enough to go for some time wasn't easy but nevertheless - I'm pleased with myself ,just need to manage that every day now !!!
Jbelle

Hello Mary,

Nice to hear from you.

So sorry to hear about your fall....hope that you are better now. 

You are not alone, every time, I go for my appointments....any appointments.....even for my blood test, my anxiety levels go up and I would have started worrying days before!! 

Wishing you all the best wishes for tomorrow’s appointment. Sending you positive vibes and hugs.

Belle xx

Jbelle

Hello Jill, 

Sorry to hear that you are having bad days..... remember to see the lucky mascot I sent you! 

You can can definitely walk the dog..... you did it few days ago and you can do it again 🤞🏼

Hopefully, your anxiety will ease up soon.

Supportive hugs, Belle xxx

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Mary

Lovely to hear from you xx

I think any appointment now can be stressful, because it will always take us back to the first days of diagnosis. I freak out now just going to the dentist or opticians because I think the x rays are going to show up something suspicious!

Will you be having a mammogram Mary? I was also worried about my first appointment and posted on here. The response I got, I would like to pass on to you....... After all the treatment you've had, it is VERY unlikely that they will find something wrong, so please try not to worry. 

Best wishes for tomorrow

Sue xx

maryminder

Hi All

Not posted for a while but have kept up to date reading all your posts, have been doing reasonably well recently, still swimming and exercising been away on holiday which was a real boost, unfortunately had a fall on Sunday in the street and as well as the cuts and bruises my confidence has taken a bit of a battering Smiley Sad

My anxiety levels have increased this week, not sleeping properly and all because I have my first follow up appointment with my Consultant tomorrow, don't get why I'm so concerned about it should be used to appointments by now

Hope you all have a good day, hugs and best wishes

Mary xx 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Morning all- how is everyone .Had a couple of really bad days with very little sleep .Slept better last night but still woke up to the usual morning anxiety - husband away with work for day and dog walker ill - so long day ahead and have to somehow take the dog out on my own -hopefully anxiety will improve as day goes on .Wish me luck !!!
Jbelle

Hello Ladies, wishing All a very good day.....hope that All are having an anxious free day. Hugs, Belle xxx

C2C52950-0A2C-42D8-9FE8-A4E153B67A3F.jpeg

ann-m
Community Champion

Glad you got an answer of sorts today Jill, even if it’s just to stay off hormone treatment for a while, wishing you the very best with it all
The sky was certainly weird today, when driving home it was sepia yellow, followed by a blazing red & orange sunset. No winds down south though, so we got off lightly.
ann x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hopefully the chickens are right Gill!!!
Jill1998
Community Champion

Thank you ladies for your support . def a weird weather day here today -weird darkness and spooky red sun.Wind howling now in North Lancashire -hoping for no power cuts or flooding - we had a terrible time 2 years ago - without power for 2 days and whole town cut off when river burst its banks and took out sub station .
GillieAnn

Hi Ladies,

Well done Jill! 

About the weather, it's just gone really dark and sort of orangy sky over here in East Anglia. I don't think I have ever seen anything like it before. It's a bit spooky really. Can't be anything to worry about though, the chickens haven't gone to bed. 

Gillx

ladybowler
Community Champion

the sky has been really weird here today as well,

This morning at 7am it was like the dea of night and wet, then a couple of hours later it was a really strange orangey/pink colour and so was the moon, then it has been brilliant sunshine since but very strong winds and it is still shining now.

Helena  xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Jill

You did it, well done another significant step forward mate, big hugs xxx

Sue C
Community Champion

Definitely stress related.

I got 2 last year....one on the day of my diagnosis and one the day after chemo!!

A few years back, was probably getting one a month on average. Ended up get some really strong medication from the Dr, otherwise I got an extreme headache and sickness. Hate them😡

Eat well this evening and hopefully you're get a good nights sleep.

Sue xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

I only get them occasionally but when I my eyesight goes and just have to lie down with eyes closed till it passes .Prob stress and lack of sleep .
Sue C
Community Champion

Jill I used to get loads of migraines. I now take one of those small aspirins each day and now I've only had one this year. Touch wood☺

Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Belle !!!! Blooming palpitations are driving me mad -so hoping for some sleep tonight .
Jbelle

Especially for All he Ladies, hopes this cheers!!!

6BA946C4-DB9B-449B-94DF-7724B0FC2809.gif

Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes we have weird orange sky too !! All ok at appointment agreed not to go back on hormone medication atm as have too much to deal with without putting more hormonal issues into the equation .
Jbelle

Oh nooooo, dear Jill.....have a good afternoon rest! Well, the positive is that you have managed your appointment....YAY!! How did it go?....all in Good order?

Belle xxx

Sue C
Community Champion

Oh Jill....what an awful time you're having😢

Did you get anything sorted at the appointment?

On a different note.....what weird weather we're having! Why has every thing gone dark and orange?!

Sue xx

Jbelle

Hello Ladies,

Thank you so very much for your words of support and encouragement ❤️❤️❤️

Gillie....please do dive in anytime. Yes, plan to complain to the usual teacher when he is back from hols. Did send me to the top.... was muttering every unimaginable word...only in my head!!

Helena.....many thanks. You got a point there, as these yoga classes are especially for ladies with bc.

Janey.....thanks a lot. Hope that you are well.

Ann-M.....your hugs are appreciated....and hugs back at ya

May all of you have a lovely start to the week.

Take good care.....Belle xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Didn't run away at clinic but came close as they were running late!! Nurse very understanding when I explained anxiety issues.Didn't sleep last night so felt dreadful this morning ended up with a migraine to go with the horrible palpitations 🙁 But at least that appt is out of the way .
ann-m
Community Champion

Crikey Jbelle, that yoga teacher was out of order on so many levels, definitely worthy of a complaint 😡
Sending hugs Jill, Jbelle & Sue, do hope you all have a better week
ann x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Evening ladies .Gill, please feel free to pop in whenever !! Belle better week for is both I hope -will think of your post tomorrow when c*****g self a clinic and will try not to run away .Janey -there is def a strong hormonal element to what is going on for me -hope it settles down soon .Hoping the Ladycare magnet may kick in at some point - you never know ??!!!
Janey2

Belle, that's disgusting and I hope you are able to complain. Such a dreadful thing to say.  Jill, as you know I have had the same diagnoses as you but in reverse. The removal of my ovaries plunged me into being post menopause and the hot flushes came thick and fast. I was all but over it when I had my bc diagnosis. The tablets have definitely brought it back, so to have a double whammy is rotten for you. I have found extra strength evening primrose oil helpful; alongside chillows, linen tops and fans! Xx

Sue C
Community Champion

Gill...pop in anytime!

ladybowler
Community Champion

Belle

That is unbelievably inappropriate and insensitive, I would be reporting her to the head of the class.  SHe might be temporary but I dread to think that she is giving the same comment in other classes where she comes across ladies with bc and as Jill says a breach of confidentiality !!

GillieAnn

Jbelle,

I can't resist diving in and saying that the yoga teacher must be very stupid and ignorant. You sound like you have taken it pretty well but what about complaining to you usual teacher? When I think of the state I was in last year going through diagnosis and treatment a comment like that would have sent me right over the top.

Wishing you all a good week ahead ladies on this thread especially you Jill, goodluck.

Hope you didn't mind me dipping in......  Oh and I hate the dentist too. 

Gillx

Jbelle

Helllllooooo Sue,

How’s your weekend? Good and restful, I hope.

Ya, I was upset...... when she said that’s why you are sick..... in my head, I called her stupid plus @*&%@#

Take care, Belle xxx

Jbelle

Yes, your acupuncturist is correct. Had the same discussion with my oncologist..... specifically asked why this year, my side effects are getting progressively worse especially, hot flushes and anxiety. I was told that chemotherapy and Tamoxifen stopped my periods, that doesn’t mean I have menopaused. This year, most probably menopause or peri menopause is kicking in......sometimes all these hormonal stuff is hard to comprehend!!!!😔

Absolutely, Jill, it is frustrating, depressing, crazy, fed up.....you name it..... doesn’t make sense at all..... previously, I never even knew what was anxiety 🙄

The whole week has been rough for me, too many hot flushes, can’t get a good nights sleep, tired and to top it all, anxiety 😫 Truly hope that I will get a better coming week.

Thank goodness that she just a temporary..... 

Take good care, Jill......be good at the dr 😄

Belle xxx

Sue C
Community Champion

Helllooo
Jill hope all goes well for you tomorrow xx
Belle you're not being daft! That was a really insensitive thing for her to say....hope you don't get her again😒
Xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Acupuncturist said there are hormonal cycles even post menopause and this has an impact.I am 6 months post having ovaries removed but still having horrendous hot flushes .Sometimes it's easy to work out why you are having a good day on others it just doesn't make sense so frustrating and depressing isn't it .
What an insensitive comment from that instructor and a breach of confidentiality too !!
Jbelle

No wayyyyyy you gonna pass out in the waiting room..... and don’t have any silly ideas to do a u-turn 😂 Please do update on the outcome of your visit........will be waiting for your good news.

It is like that with me too...... having good days then it’s a challenge.....ahhhhh, must be the fluctuations of non existence hormones

This may sound daft ..... yesterday, I attended yoga class and the usual instructor is on holidays so had a new female instructor. Towards the end of class, we will do our breathing exercises and once done, she commented that all of us are not breathing deep enough and we must practise it daily, fair enough. The next comment was directed at me......your breathing is shallow and that’s why you are sick with bc and I retorted back, I am not sick, I was sick but I am not sick now!!!! Did feel upset at her insensitivity......

Belle xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Love it Belle ,I will look at it tomorrow while trying not to pass out in the waiting room!.Had good morning yesterday -that's a first let's hope some more come along soon ,had a good afternoon followed by a good morning then today is not a good day -every minute is dragging - so unpredictable. forced myself to go out again for a little walk with dog and to local Farmshop with OH , found it hard but lovely to be out and see a bit of life.On Friday found this manageable today - a big challenge ☹️How are you doing today Belle ?
Jbelle

Hello Jill,

Wishing you all the best with your appointment tomorrow. Sending you positive vibes with lotsa hugs..... including a mascot with its lucky pants especially for you! Belle xxx

39F87F46-399C-4D78-A66C-57165C3238B4.jpeg

Jill1998
Community Champion

It's very grey but pretty warm - strange sort of day .Looks like the weather is going to get a bit hectic tomorrow with the tail end of the hurricane coming in .Hoping the builder I've got doing some work tomorrow gets it finished before the 60 mile an hour winds arrive!!!
ladybowler
Community Champion

Jill

Oh I hate dentists at the best of times, havent been for a long time as I am terrified of them.

Well consider them your own personal pair 🙂 🙂

What is the weather like with you today?  We were forcast a sunny dry day, not happening at the moment but I am ever hopeful as I look at the laundry basket full of washing to go out.

Helena x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Thanks Helena -think I will need them!! have to go to dentist at some point too -so may need them more than once !!!
ladybowler
Community Champion

Jill

Heres the tough pants for tomorrow mate.  Sending you loads of hugs.

Helena xxxx

tough pants.jpg

Jill1998
Community Champion

Morning - how are you all ?I have had some good patches but also some bad ones - not great today - plucked up courage to open appointment letter from breast clinic to find it is tomorrow at 9 !!! Too late to cancel now - at least only have 24 hours to panic I guess !! 😳
ladybowler
Community Champion

Belle

Not so far, but realised I needed to put in another prescription request which I did straight away 🙂 🙂 xx

Jbelle

Thanks Helena. Hope that you haven’t missed any of your pill 😄😃 Take care

Thanks Sue.....Please do check out on YouTube, Russell Peters..... he is hilarious too 😂

Way to go Jill, that’s definitely awesome being to walk out with your dog again and having a calmer day 👍🏼

May it be continuous....

Take care and Hugs to all,

Belle xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Jill

That is great to hear that you have been out again today, a positive step forward mate xxxx

Sue C
Community Champion

Oh Jill, sounds like you're having a better day!
Love the pic belle xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Looks quite similar to my week Belle !!! I Seem to be a bit calmer this afternoon -been out with dog again and didn't leg it back so quickly this time !!! Fingers crossed the last few days were a blip and I will continue to have some more sleep and some calmer times .And fingers crossed for the magnet !!!