Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

ladybowler
Community Champion

Re: Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Jill

What Belle says makes sense, short but frequent walks I am sure he will love going out a few times a dput ay even if it is only for a short space of time, and it gets you out in the fresh air which can only help as well.

Know what you mean about the winter duvet, I have changed over ours to the lighter one from the front bedroom.

Helena xxx

Rachy65

Hi ladies.
My anxiety has been through the roof today.. Had to take 8 mgs diazepam, although doctor has said he won't prescribe me any more.
I know it's the Arimadex.. looks like I may have to try and stop them and try Tamoxifen.. just do down with it all x sorry for negativity x
Jbelle

Hiya Jill, totally get what you are saying and really understand. Have been in your position many a times. It frustrating or sad because the doggies are part of our family and we want the best for them.

Take it slowly, you could do it.....you have taken your dog for walks. What I normally do .....break the walks.... walk for shorter duration each time but with more frequencies.

Belle xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Agree on the heat front - don't need a winter duvet anymore ,the summer one plus husband hot water bottle is enough!!! Belle, I get frustrated when people are selfish and don't think about the consequences of letting me down, in partocular when it means the dog suffers -I feel really bad when he doesn't get quite what he needs.
Jbelle

Hello Sue, 

Walking around town with a t shirt is sexy....🤣🤣🤣

What is strange with me is that......when I attended a lunch or dinner with my in-laws, suddenly, I will be as red as a lobster (or a blushing bride...ya, How I wish!!!).....then sitting there perspiring. They will be asking me....are you alright, love? And I answer nonchalantly....oh, I am just hot!!!! Can you imagine what races in their mind? Of course, at the end.....me hubby will be explaining my condition to them

Belle xxx

Jbelle

That would be lovely, Helena.....can’t wait to see the pic of Godzilla....❤️

ladybowler
Community Champion

Belle

Will post a pic when done, apparently I need to put on "may godzilla destroy this home last" which is going to be interesting 🙂 🙂

Jbelle

Ahhhhh......Jilll......don’t get upset or frustrated..... most of us pride ourselves being independent but these are times and situation that makes us dependent...... nothing wrong with that! 

Obviously, there’s people out there who don’t realise how much stress or anxiety they cause by their actions or even words.....the worst scenario is that we get upset but they are going about not knowing the effects.... so not worth it!

Maybe it’s the ladymagnet working....hopefully 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Enjoy your acupuncture sesssion....

Belle xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Jill

Oh that could be it, you did say it takes about a month to start, fingers crossed that it is xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Belle

Heart

Helena xxx

Sue C
Community Champion

Agree with you ladies....don't seem to need a coat anymore! Get strange looks from people when I still walk around town in a t shirt!

Jbelle

Love ya to bits, Helena for approving my lazy bum status 🤣

Bless you for your patience, good eyesight and steady hands and kind heart ❤️ for doing the Godzilla tapestry for this boy......can imagine his excitement when he gets his presssie

Me too.....don’t think I will be needing additional winter wear....

Take care, Belle xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Ps I wonder whether ladycare magnet is beginning to work -had it for a month now -last night was first reasonable night in a while- could be co-incidence -will have to see .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Belle, I do have 2 or 3 lovely friends I can generally rely on but life happens and people get ill or have other things come up and this week that happened in some form every day .Some friends however have been rather disappointing and selfish -not acknowledging the stress /anxiety they create when they let me down when they have offered to help .Just had a bad week in that respect ,just bad luck - it just highlighted how dependent I still am and made be upset and frustrated as I am such an independent person -hate asking for help .☹️ Enjoy your lazy day Helena and Belle .
ladybowler
Community Champion

Belle

Well you deserve to be a lazy bum 🙂  I am going to try to do a godzilla tapestry that a lady at work has asked me to do. Got the pattern off the internet but just need to get myself into gear to do it, it is for her grandson who is autistic and just loves godzilla.

Know what you mean, i sailed through the menopause tropical moments and a couple of night sweats over 6 years.  Different this time round although bearable, however I am lucky I do not tend to get flushes when I am in bedI get plenty of them during the day, but at least I wont feel cold in the winter 🙂 🙂

xxx

Jbelle

Good morning Helena,

Am not working today either.....yippee 😃

Today, I just want to do nothing but read a book..... what a lazy bum!!! Shall postpone all the washing till tomorrow.....

So far so good, have sorta reluctantly, got used to not having a full nights sleep due to hot flushes and night sweats..... how I miss those days.....

Have a lovely day.....take care.....Belle xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Jill

You have achieved so much in the last few days mate dont be so hard on yourself.

Gritting your teeth will enable you to take some more steps forward and we are always there behind you xxx

Jbelle

Good morning Jill......it seems that even when we have a good night’s sleep, we still feel tired. I think that we are subconsciously tired of juggling our daily chores, handling ourselves and our anxieties, plus not feeling great physically and emotionally......just my 2 cents of thoughts!!!

It is definitely not easy to find people to help and support......is there some that you can truly rely on?

Driving again.... that’s great, Jill. Slowly but surely, you will get to be independent!! 

Are you going for your acupuncture today?

Bellexxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Belle

What a fab cartoon, I love Fridays and to boot the shopping has been delivered so I have the day to myself, although it is going to be  a housebound one as the weather is not forcast good today, I dont work on Fridays so no early start 🙂 🙂

Hope you are having a good day so far xxxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Good morning Belle !!! I actually had a decent nights sleep last night but feel really tired ,very strange ???😳😳 Had a bit of a meltdown last night -finding it hard to keep asking people for help with dog and support for me .Its fine when all goes to plan but this week one friend was ill and so 2 days running things were difficult ,one friend couldn't be bothered (!!) and one was too busy to take dog out til late afternoon .Have had to grit teeth and do my best ,so hope I get to the point soon where I can do more independent it's exhausting 🙁 Drove car again yesterday but found it a lot harder than day before .
Jbelle

A very good morning Ladies,

Wishing everyone a lovely day......may anxiety and stresses be kept at bay at all times. Belle xxx

FACA5219-EBA4-45BD-86AF-B8DD560D11BF.gif

Jbelle

Hello Racheal,
Haven’t heard from you awhile..... hope all is well with you! Take care, Belle xxx
Jbelle

Hello Mary,

That’s really great news..... am pleased for you. Take care, Belle xxx
Jbelle

A big welcome Sharon to this thread, you could raise any concerns and we are here to share and support each other!! Take care, Belle xxx

Jbelle

Hello Sue,

Good news that your blood works are fine!!!! Thinning of hair also is a Tamoxifen side effect....

At least you are getting the fatigue process moving on .....snail pace, though....hopefully, sooner than expect!!

Hugs back, Sue,

Belle xxx

Rachy65

Aww so pleased for you Mary..hope the positivity continues for you!
ladybowler
Community Champion

maryminder

That is great news xx

maryminder

Hi Ladies

Apart from a minor anxiety attack and palpitations all went well with 1st follow up today, consultant listened to my concerns regarding mammo and assured me all was ok,he also reminded me that I had had an ultrasound to that breast in July that I had somehow completely forgotton about Smiley Embarassed

I will be referred to plastic surgeons re reconstruction and I will see him again in Feb where he will discuss implants if that is the way I decide to go, off balance spells probably result of chemo etc but if they get worse see my GP to check nothing else going on, all in all a positive clinic visit Smiley Happy

HUgs

Mary xx

Sue C
Community Champion

Yes I thought it would be the letrozole. Just checking, because it could have been the thyroid.

Welcome Sharon.......I think it may well have been belle or Helena with the hugs. They are very good at finding appropriate animation!!

Sue xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Sue, my hair thinned dramatically on Tamoxifen .
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Sharon ,welcome !
Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Sue ,good news re blood tests - although wouldn't t have been great to find something simple that you could fix !!!
Sharon R

Hi Sue,

Thank you for my lovely bear hug. 

Sending you lots of hugs back 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Sharon xxx

Sue C
Community Champion

Hi Ladies

So finally got to see my Dr today. Bloods were fine, so nothing obvious going on there. I asked if my thyroid was OK, because it is a little bit under active but that was fine. Reason I asked was because  ive started to lose some hair, which can be due to under active thyroid. But no.....another side effect from the letrozole!!

So, we filled in a form and started the process in order to see the fatigue experts! May still take a little while I think.

Sending hugs

Sue xx

Jbelle

You got a very good memory.....yes, got 5 doggies. No the ones in the picture aren’t mine 😃 just thought it’s cute to cheer you....

Jill, bless you for really making an effort to walk your dog ....double thumbs up, my dear!!!

Hahahahaha..... having a nap in the mud may do well for the skin..... you have to pay hundreds of £££ at the spa for a mud mask 🤣

Jill1998
Community Champion

Are they really your dogs Belle -you have 5 don't you ? Just taken my dog on field -just kept telling myself to put one foot in front of the other and managed to walk right the way round- didn't exactly enjoy the experince though !! The worst that can happen is that I pass out and have a nap in the mud -right ??!!
Jbelle

That’s awesome, Jill that you took a drive yesterday.... that’s a big step forward! 😃🥂 Lucky pants seemed to work, ya?!

Mmmmm.....sorry that today’s not good.....😕 HUGS ❤️ HUGS ❤️ HUGS ❤️

Tomorrow sounds like a nice itinerary....enjoy!!!

Sending my babies to cheer you and accompany you on your drive 😄

521CF360-5F39-4385-BE91-3FFF5A1E5357.jpeg

Jill1998
Community Champion

A friend is taking dog out for me with his dog -so the dog has a nice afternoon at least - feel very guilty I can't give the dog what he is used to although I have just about managed to get him 2 good walks a day plus little ones from me to break the day up If I pick up a bit will have another walk and maybe a drive if I feel I can do it .Tomorrow is a better day with acupuncture which involves a drive out to a small village nearby and a friend coming for lunch .
Sue C
Community Champion

Oh that's a shame Jill. Got any plans for this afternoon?
Jill1998
Community Champion

I just see the car as "freedom " Sue , hope I can manage a drive again soon .Woke up feeling not too bad (miracle ) but anxiety kicked in again now 🙁.Helps when I have company to do stuff and get out -but can't arrange that every day - friend let me down in favour of a lie- in today ....
Sue C
Community Champion

Yes, it will make things less stressful. But at the moment, it makes me walk. The danger is I will get very lazy if i use the car all the time!

Jill1998
Community Champion

Thank you Ann.Sue, if you can get driving again will help a lot with fatigue in terms of getting out and about .
Sue C
Community Champion

Had a back injury, so couldn't drive for a while. Gave up my car and got used to public transport and family giving me lifts! So, I decided now to get a really cheap car and start back again. Really nervous of getting back pain again, but miss that freedom and want to give it a go. Xx

ann-m
Community Champion

That's fabulous about your drive today Jill & so good to hear positive feelings are returning!

ann x

Jill1998
Community Champion

If I can do it again will potentially give me so much more independence .Sue why did you have to stop driving ?
ladybowler
Community Champion

Jill

Woo hoo, that is amazing news, well done you a huge step forward, the distance does not matter it is that you did it you wonderful lady xxxx

Sue C
Community Champion

I had to give up driving a few years back. But one of my aims post treatment is to get a car. Really miss that freedom.
Sue C
Community Champion

OMG JILL.......that's sooooo great !!! Well done you xxx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Was sat looking at car out of window -had urge to drive it so went for a drive all in my own -not too far but was feeling of freedom !! First time in 2 months !!
ladybowler
Community Champion

Jill

Oh that is great, well done you xxx