Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Now have my ladycare PLUS magnet - by tomorrow I will be a new woman ...🤞🤞🤞😳
Highlighted
Community Champion

Moijan

Just wanted to send you lovely gentle hugs, I have everything crossed that it is doing its job and sorting the nasties out.

Helena xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

That should be 5 HTP Belle.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry you are suffering M and no respite inbetwen treatments ☹️. Let's hope it's doing its job and giving the buggers a good kicking !!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Haven't got the new magnet yet Belle - just sent for it .Flushes are def worse without it though so it must have been doing some good .Supplement is HTP 5. Worth a try ? Just reading up on how to take it .
Highlighted

Hi everyone.

dont want to go on about it, but yes the side effects are unpleasant. And they last right up to the next treatment.! However, if the drug tackles the nasties, then maybe I will feel it’ was worth it.

have been thinking a lot about you all, Helena is very clever, but with my blurred and sensitive eyes, I wouldn’t attempt those lovely creations.

hope the rest of you feel better in some way, I think the drugs can bring us down can’t they?

at least the port makes having my drug easier, but it’s still swollen and a bit sore, so I put numbing cream on beforehand.

did you each have some Easter egg? I did have a small peice but am resisting too much at once as chocolate can speed up the bowel(read between the lines here lol)

just about to enlist oh to to help me de clutter for a short while

will kerp you postedxx

Mx

Highlighted

Hello hello Jill,

Thanks.....nice to be back and even nicer to hear from you!!

Ahhhhh.....you got the Lady Magnet plus.....it’s supposedly to work better. Have you started on it yet?? Any feedbacks!?

Interesting.....what supplements are you taking to help with serotonin production? Don’t mind giving that a try...

Anxiety, low moods, worries and fears seem to work as a package deal....UGGGHHHH!! Sometimes, I think it’s so maddening that it takes just a snap of fingers to trigger.....just saying!!

Have a good start to the week.

Take good care.

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Nice to see you back Belle - I've sent got a new magnet - super strength as the flushes are def a lot worse without itv.Anxiety comes and goes interspersed with periods of very low mood - whoopee !!! Just sent for a supplement that is supposed to help with seratonin production - worth a try .CBT therapist says that anxiety sucks the seratonin out of your system .Wish me and anti - depressants got on but we don't 🙁
Highlighted

Sorry that I have been off the radar as I have been busy sorting out my family’s personal matters and it hasn’t been fun!! 

Hope that you all missed me as much as I missed all of you 😃😜💐

Jill......how are you? Hope that you are A ok and anxiety is far distance away....😊🤞🏼Sorry to hear that you have lost the magnet......are you going to get a new magnet!?🤓

Helena.......WOW....it’s a beautiful piece.....love it!!! The second piece is looking awesome too.....please do take a pic when you complete!! Appreciate that you shared with me......You are creative, patience and have an eye for detail......💝. Am well, thank you. Hope that you are fine too 😘

Moijan......How are your treatments going and how have you been? Hope that everything is going smoothly for you 😁

Sue.....A big hello!! 👋🏼 Hope that you are well and had a relaxing weekend! 🌹

Ladies.......Have a lovely day....take good care.

Belle xxx 💖❤️💝

Highlighted

Wishing Jill, Helena, Moijan, Sue and All lovely Ladies a very Happy Blessed Easter. Hope that everyone will be having an enjoyable day!

❤️💜🧡💛💚💙💖💝

Belle xxx

7945009D-3ED7-4A99-9067-F61BEF0D03F3.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sue

And to you as well my friend.  xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Moijan

Thank you xx 

Honestly I have never done cross stitch kit before it was easy to do albeit time consuming.  I started it on Boxing Day and finished whilst I was off the week before last.  I love the way it makes you relax and takes all the cares away.

I am doing one at the moment that Carolyn sent me, it is of a horse, looks like a Shire, nearly finished that one.  Then I am embarking on one that is going to take me totally out of my comfort zone, it is on a black canvass, this is what it should look like when it is finished.  It is 14" x 16.5"

Chalk board tapestry.jpg

Hope you are having a lovely Easter xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

How are you Jill?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Sue ,same to you .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy Easter ladies. Hope you have a lovely, relaxing day whatever you are doing.
Hugs xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

How are you doing with your treatment M ?
Highlighted

Hope every one of you are feeling ok? And have a great Easter

Mx

Highlighted

Helena, that’s wonderfulxx

You are soooo talented...I want onexx

mx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

The final article, I bought a black frame from a local shop.  It is now hanging on the wall in the front bedroom.  Am very proud of it.

Hope you are well xxxx

Pattisserie.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion

How are you Belle ? I'm still very up and down but at least I am having some calm patches ,the bad days are still dreadful though.Hot flushes still every 2 hours all
night ,lost my magnet -prob feel down the toilet or something but don't think it was helping really .Coming up to a year post hysterectomy and things still not settled down 🙁
Highlighted
Community Champion

Be

Oh I am so glad it made you smile xxx  It is a little ladybug holding an umbrella and a flower. I have ordered a circular frame for it as it is part of my best friends' 60th birthday present. She is a cat lover, has 3 at the moment.

Not too bad, Colin had a bad night so we are both a bit knackered today so just spending the day resting

You ok?xxx

Highlighted

Thank you, Jill!!

How are you? Have you bounced back from your anxiety?

Hugs, Belle xxx

Highlighted

Hello Helena,

Awwwww.......just love the cat.....so incredibly cute.....one paw, holding the umbrella, the other a bunch of flowers. What’s the little one at the bottom? Sorry, can’t see clearly!!

Many thanks for sharing......made me smile!!

Hope that you are fine.

Huggie wuggies,

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

Well thats the cat one done.  Now all I need to do is complete the pattiserie one.

Helena xxx

Taryns cat.jpg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Belle.I hope you manage to rest and feel better soon .
Highlighted

Hello Jill,

Sorry for the late reply.....my grandma passed away few days ago.

So am feeling really knackered....

You have made great progress.....having few good days then one bad day is such an improvement.....versus having few bad days and struggling to even have one good day!! Keep it up Jill.....you are getting there 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Take care, Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

You can rely on me my friend xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Helena - please keep reminding me of that !
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

Hope today went well and you were able to enjoy your lunch.

Well to have had several good days in a row it was only January when that did not seem possible, so very well done mate xxxx

Highlighted

Well done Jill,  two steps forward, one back, as they say.

hugs,

moijanxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

How are you doing Belle ? After a few good days had one of my worst ever yesterday and felt like back to square one .Not feeling much better today but forced myself to come out for lunch and hoping it's not too much of a challenge today.🤞🤞
Highlighted

Thank you Katex 

And JILL TOO FOR THE TIPS

Highlighted

Thank you Katex

Highlighted

If you ladies decide to go ahead and make your own Kefir, can recommend kefirshop.co.uk for your grains. I was told about them at a workshop held by a cancer charity. It really is so simple to do, instructions are included anyway, and David will get back to you if you have any queries. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sounds miserable M .Im sure I've read people taking about muscle pain as a side effect , Epsom Salt baths were mentioned as something that helped .Hope you feel better soon .
Highlighted

Re Paclitaxel ....do any of you get sore, aching muscles at all’? I find under my bra straps and along under my bra at the back is very tender.

also I get a reddish arm on the 3rd day which I thought could be cellulitis, but don’t think so now as it goes away...but my arm muscles hurt if I do too much.

be greateful to hear if others had the same?

thank you

Moijanx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Moijan, will do xx

Highlighted

Sue, Kate is correct re the kefir.!

I am going to look at making my own, but meanwhile, I always have a good cup or two of it daily.

I used to buy mine from a reputable health food shop, but in fact my local (large) Sainsbury’s now stock the very same make , you could wander in and see...it’s by  Bio-tiful Dairyand it’s milk cultivated.  I want, at some stage to make mine from coconut water or other suitable drink but for now, for me, it’s easier to take the milk one.

My pharmacists were unhappy about me taking it, but my onc said go ahead...I believe as Kate said, that it does protect against infections as we now know that the gut flora are very important in promoting immunity and chemo knocks out the gut flora ..I’ve been on antibiotics too, so have taken the kefir  at a different time of day.

Also, I try and eat a cup and a half of cooked button mushrooms daily, as Chris Woollams suggested I should. In Auatralia they did research which shows mushrooms protect against breast cancer also, but they are very medicinal as well and can protect against infection. 

Re the Kefir, do check with your onc tho, in case there is a reason he feels you shouldn’t.

love and hugs,

moijanxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Ladies.....you're kind comments are always much appreciated xx

Moijan, I have had some reflux at night, so you maybe onto something there. I'll be glad when the swelling goes down though.

Highlighted

Hi Sue, I was getting infections in my jaw following some essential dental work, had 4 courses of antibiotics in under 6 months, then I started making my own Kefir, and haven’t had any infection since of any kind. If you’re not taking it I would consider doing so, it is so easy to do and takes a couple of minutes, or I’d definitely take a course of good probiotics along with, or after antibiotics as they definitely affect our good gut bacteria. Hope you feel better soon, Kxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ruby

Oh that is fantasticxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

It's impossible not to be hyper vigilant after having cancer - I'm sure my GP thinks I'm a hypochondriac but it's natural to be suspicious of anything you can't easily explain . Hope you feel better soon Sue you are probably just run down .Are you taking any supplements ?
Highlighted

Sue, sounds silly, but I get a sore throat every now and then, just on one side due to reflux.

try small amount of say tums, just to see if it helps, or go back to Gp to discuss possibility. I sleep on my side and that’s prob why.

mx

Highlighted

• Image result for funny kick up backside cat gifJust in case you need a bit of help with kicking up backside, my little friend is also available for hugs.  Love to you all. Cat Very Happyxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Sue

Oh mate you are so not alone with that one totally understand  xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Ladies.......I'm driving myself mad again, worrying about it all. It's impossible to have any ailment post BC, without thinking the worse!

Thanks for listening. Have given myself a kick up the b** .

Sue xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sue

Giving you a hug and a kick up the backside as well.  There are loads of bugs going round.  I had a really sore ear two weeks ago it hurt every time I swallowed, that went after a few days.  The last week I have had a feeling of having something stuck in the back of my throat and I keep trying to clear it, then today I feeling crap sore throat, earache and generally feeling rubbish!!  I am sure that with everything we have been through our resistance is lower, but actually when you think about it there has been so many bugs around this winter, we have done well not to have had it worse.

Sounds like you might have a virus which of course will not be helped by antibiotics and the blood test wil be able to confirm this.

Sending you loads of hugs

Helenaxxxx

Highlighted

Bless you sue, speedy recovery, this bugs are a nightmare x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Afternoon Ladies

Sorry, not been on here for a while.....seem to be picking up one bug after another!

Looking for some reassurance.....had a cold about 4 weeks ago, didn't seem to fully recover, and then picked up another bug a week ago. What's concerning me is that my tonsil has been swollen all this time, on one side. Been to gp and have been given antibiotics, which don't seem to be doing much and will need to do a blood test next week. Feel weak, listless and fed up! Please can I have a hug or kick up the backside?

Worried

Sue xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

Oh mate I really hope the new tablets work. As you say one day at a time my lovely xx