cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Waking up in the morning feeling like that is just so horrible isn't it - exhausting .Hope the new medication helps Belle 🤞🤞🤞🤞.
Highlighted

Unfortunately, am still struggling .....last 3 days have been waking up with dread and high anxiety. Having headaches plus the usual symptoms are not helping!! Just resigned myself to take one day at a time!!

Seen my dr last week and he has put me on new medications. He said it will take 2 weeks to work.....so crossing my fingers and toes!

Thanks for asking, Jill.

Really hope that your better days are continuous 

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

It's very variable Belle but at least I am having some better days .How are you doing ?
Highlighted

Hiya Jill,

Am so pleased to hear that you have been having anxiety free days......that’s really great!!

Good luck with your form filling!

Take care, Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

yes , I will get some advice about filling it in - doubtful I will get it but worth.How are you managing with your treatment M ?
Highlighted

Good luck with pip, I see some people have sought assistance from McMillan and managed to be successful...there is a way of Wording things that can help and M are used to that.

Moijanxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I get 3 months pay, yes have requested PIP application form.
Highlighted

Yes...any severance pay from them?

glad you are having better days. Have you tried for pip? If not now is the timexx

Moijan

Highlighted
Community Champion

Not too bad thanks M , having some better days anxietywise.Just getting head round being unemployed but to be honest feel like a weight has been lifted - will hopefully be able find something less stressful when I am feeling better .
Highlighted

How are things going Jillxx

Highlighted

Belle, love all your catpics - they are bellissimo!!  Love to you all. Cat Tonguexxx

See the source image
Highlighted
Community Champion

Came

Highlighted
Community Champion

Its not too bad here. Tesco delivery can this morning, so fridge is stocked, but I'm not going out today! Xx

Highlighted

Hiya Sue and Helena,

So glad to be of service....LOL......Warms me heart to hear that I brought smiles to you both 😁😁😁

Keep safe....keep warm

Lots of huggie wuggies,

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

Oh you bring a lovely smile on a snowy afternoon with your pictures 🙂 🙂 xx

We have snow again, but it looks proper stuff unlike yesterday which was the powdery stuff so not looking good 😞  and it is settling.  No sainsbury delivery or bin collection here today

Keep safe and warm you lovely ladies xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle....where do you get all these brilliant photos from?!!

Hugs xx

Highlighted

Hello Ladies,

How is everyone? 

Wishing all of you a great Friday.

Hugs, Belle xxx

940FFA34-060F-4C1F-A931-C29BF23A9A4F.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

🙂 🙂

Highlighted
Community Champion

Just eaten one - very yummy !!! Don't think the other one will last long .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

Oorrrr  you could post the other one to me 🙂 🙂 xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Got 2 baby ones so I can have them to myself !!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

Well done and hats off to you going to the supermarket I would not have walked in that.  They said we were -13 feel like temperature as well.

Yum I have not had a bread & butter pudding for years, you got me feeling hungry now xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

The worst thing today here is the wind ,it's really strong and bringing temperatures down to "feels like " minus 13 !!!! I have just been in supermarket on my own and bought a bread and butter pudding !!!
Highlighted

Hiya Helena,

Ohhhh gosh.....you must have been freezing at work!Thank goodness you are back home and have till Monday before the madness starts!

Time to snuggle and hibernate,

Huggie wuggies,

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Home safe and sound, although very cold not helped by the fact that the heating at work broke down this morning 😞  Thats me done and dusted until Monday, I am not going anywhere

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

Am at work tomorrow but only until 12.30pm then I am home and not moving, we are forcast a fair bit of snow from around 2pm so I will be well settled.  I think it will be doubtful that we will get our Sainsbury delivery tomorrow night 😞 xx

Highlighted

Hiya Helena, Jill and All ladies,

Stay Safe, stay in and stay warm.....💖💖💖

Hugs,

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

We have a fair bit of snow that is now freezing and pretty scary under foot - no we have a howling gale - the windchill must be bringing the temps down a lot more .I really hate it when it's like this - I worry about people who aren't as lucky as us and are out on the streets particularly those who can't access hostels because they have dogs .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

you are not joking!!  It was -6 when I got in my car this morning and it is probably only about -2 now, we have had a couple of snow showers this afternoon but snuggly at home now xxx

Highlighted

Hello Lovely Ladies,

74F4FBDD-2F7C-4170-BA7E-751F7BDF3E58.jpeg

Highlighted

Yes, jill, well done for getting to the dentist...I love mine, but am absolutely petrified when fillings need doing! 

Have always been needle phobic and dentist phobic.

hugs

Moijanx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Moijan

I am the opposite I live at the bottom of a road with steep inclines either side so nightmare when we get loads of snow xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

Oh that is fantastic well done you, another positive to put on your list xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

He he, you would be very welcome my dear 🙂 🙂

It appears to be much better today, really weird the way it comes and goes, I have had some really bad cramping in my right leg at night on occasions, on the muscle that runs up the outer side of the leg, but again it is not often.  I am putting it down to the tamo as I did not have chemo.  I do have to be careful anyway because I am a disaster and can trip over a feather 😞

Was rather hectic at work, I think it is going to be like this until the year end in March with suppliers getting their invoices in, but keeping calm and not stressing as I can only do what I can in a day.

xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

👍
Highlighted

😁👍🏼 Well done, Jill......you did it!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Not afraid of the dentist - just don't like going and as I struggle to go to appointments just kept putting it off .Certainly not too of my list of things to do !!
Highlighted

Hello Jill,

Hehehe.....are you afraid of the dentist??? 

EB15EAEF-E60A-4335-AE54-1F0785C19EBB.jpeg

Highlighted

Hello Helena,

Wowee, that’s a lot of cooking that you have done to last for more than a month plus for your brother.

Yummy-yummy.....Maybe I should really contemplate moving to Birmingham and self invite to your restaurant......LOL LOL 😜😜😜

On a serious note, I have faced this problem about the ankle locking..... sometimes when I stand....even sometimes it happens suddenly whilst I am walking. Was told that it could be after effects of chemo or tamoxifen plus with my weight gain. Its only lately that it stopped.....since I started yoga! Another thing I used to do was to massage my soles, ankles and calves because I also got severe cramps!

Do be careful because I did fall before!!

Have a good start to the week.

Huggies wuggies,

Belle xxx

Highlighted

Hello Moijan,

Ohhh do be very careful when you go out......it’s slippery and you definitely do not need any slips!!! 

Just stay home, Moijan and enjoy the warmth!!

Sorry to hear that you have dry eyes. Are you using any eye drops? Found that eye drops containing hyaluronic acid gives better relief than normal eye drops.

Ahhh, everything drys up so badly.....my skin is so dry that it itches.....on my face, it’s painful!! So it loads of creams and moisturisers!!

Take good care.

Hugs, Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Made it to the dentist - been cancelling for last 3 months as couldn't cope with going - he was half hour late but I didn't run way 😃
Highlighted
Community Champion

Get a sledge ?!!😃
Highlighted

7BE473F5-0BED-4201-9A71-DF1A76364F4D.jpegEvery day I post in this thread, I hope to get a big kick up the backside! The only thing doing that today is the snow!      I know others love snow, but it limits my movements as I live on the top of a hill and with osteoporosis I dread falling over xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Moijan

Dont know about that but it has had its moments 🙂

I remember when we first got together everyone was saying it will never last as we are sooooo different, but oh how wrong they were.  Life has been a trial over the last few years but we have and are getting on with it the best we can.

Sending you loads of hugs and hope you are ok

Helena xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I'm afraid they can if they don't think I'm going to get well enough to go back to work in an acceptable timeframe . Its rather insulting after all these years, but they have probably done me a favour as I don't think working under extreme stress is very good for you mentally or physically !! I will have to concentrate on getting well for a few months then look for something less demanding.
Highlighted

Jill, if you work in the public sector, you’d likely have a bit more protection, but I’m not sure any employer can just do that to you and certainly not after so many years.xx

Highlighted

Oh Jill, I don’t think they are allowed to do that girl, you could take it up with a tribunal maybe....but they sound a nasty bunch tho.x

Highlighted

Well Belle, my eyes get dry and sore on taxol, so having to ration my posting. A bitxxx

Highlighted

Helena, now your sin, always sounds much more fun than minexx

mx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

Oh yes, rather a lot beef, lamb, mixed game casseroles and a chicken, potato and onion curry.  You should have seen me this morning trying to get it all in the freezer but at least we have plenty to eat for the next month or so.  I do an extra one of each for my brother, that way I can make sure that he is eating well.

Well my dear friend, that is the best way to do it.  I have been having a few problems in the last day or so, every time I stand up my ankle seems to be locking up but once I start walking it seems to be ok, very strange, can only put it down to the tamoxifen, but it is not something I have experienced  before.

Huggles to you

Helena xxxx