cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

No - not at this point - they would want me to have at least 6 months of CBT before anyone could say that .
Highlighted

Yes, do understand that money has to be earned at some point.....maybe it’s a turning point for you to look for another job that’s less stressful, taxing or even lesser hours!

Just a thought.....is it not possible to see a psychiatrist to get that evaluation? 

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes Belle ,hopefully a blessing in disguise but I will still need to earn some money at some point .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Ann .they won't give me retirement on health grounds unless I have exhausted all treatment options and can get someone ( a psychiatrist ) to say I won't ever get well enough to go back to work!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Jill,
Just to send hugs & loads of best wishes your way. As Helena & Belle have said, maybe there could be sliver lining here as your employers have had 26 years of you & & the stress of it all before can now be put behind you.
Just a thought, but is retirement on medical grounds a possibility?
ann x
Highlighted

Hello....hello Helena,

Nice to hear from you!

It’s good to be busy......does takes one’s mind off other things plus good sleep...hope so!!

Oooohhhhh.....you have been cooking up a storm...anything interesting?

Thanks for asking.....unfortunately, am still struggling as my symptoms are still persisting. Am just taking one day at a time!!

Huggie wuggies,

Belle xxx

Highlighted

Hiya Jill,

Do agree with what Helena said.....losing your job maybe a blessing in disguise. Gives you an opportunity to do something else that suits you, your time, your condition and health!!

If you are given a termination notice, just make sure that you at you are entitled to!

Hope that you are having a better day.

Hugs,

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I hope so Helena .🤞🤞🤞
Highlighted
Community Champion

I am sure not having the stress of trying to get back to that job will help a lot in you getting better  xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes will give me some breathing space -just want to get well then will look at what happens next.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes if they do not make you work, which they obviously will not, then it is tax free. 

At least you can take a bit of time to see what is around xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Tax free -that would be a help .I would be happy to do anything working with people but less stressful .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Well hopefully that will give you a bit of a buffer whilst you decide what you want to do.  It will be tax free as you dont have to work it, although you will have the NI deducted. xx 

Have you any thoughts of what you would like to do.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hopefully something on the horizon that will not sapp me of all mental and physical energy like this job - 26 years is long enough working under constant stress .
Highlighted
Community Champion

They will give me 3 months pay in lieu of notice .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

Well I think you are right, even if you did it will be a long process which will be very stressful, not something that you really need at any time, but more so now when you are starting to move forward my friend.

I know this is corny, but I do believe that things happen for a reason, and this really could be just what you need the opportunity to do something different and that you will enjoy.

Are you entitled to pay in lieu of notice?

xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

On the grounds that I won't be well enough to return to work in an acceptable timeframe .I can appeal but don't know if it is worth the stress.Time for a new start doing a less stressful less health impacting job ?
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

On what basis have they terminated it?  It might be worth taking advise on it xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well my employers decided they couldn't wait any longer for me to get well so they terminated my contract after 26 years - part of me is relieved ,part of me angry and tempted to go down and paint rude words in spray paint in the office wall .😳
Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

Hello matey, how are you xx

Have had a couple of very busy weeks at work so been quite shattered at night but things have calmed down now, I think, no I hope 🙂 🙂

I have spent this afternoon cooking for the freezer so I have just sat down, everything cooking away now so that is me done until later.

xxx

Highlighted

Hiya Ladies,

How is everyone doing?

Helena, Moijan, Dellywelly, Rubycat, Peace, Sue, Janey, Ann.......just rattling names off my head.....sorry for missing others. Hope all of you are doing fine and having calm days

This thread has been so quiet.....like everyone have gone for a holiday!

Wishing all well.

Belle xxx

A8698D04-967A-4A0E-A9B8-A2B979229F47.jpeg

Highlighted

Hello Jill,

Sounds like positive progress that you have been having a good couple of weeks! With one bad week is like taking 3 steps forward and falling 1 step backwards.....hopefully, the forward steps will be continuous 

Hormones do seem to have its own agenda.....causing havoc whenever!!! What more with the horrible anxieties!? Both are causing so many unwanted symptoms!!! Are you still taking and applying the magnesium oil?

Good luck with work.....hopefully, the results are fair and beneficial to you and your well being.

Thanks for asking......havent been doing so well. My symptoms are still persisting. Either it’s duvet days or sofa surfing!!! 

Take care,

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

How are you doing Belle ? Hope you have had a better week . After a good couple of weeks the last one has been a stinker for me .Have work issues hanging over me which I think is having an impact plus hormones seem to be doing their worst at the moment .If only progress was steady rather than like a rollercoaster . Should find out today or early next week what's happening with work which hopefully will take some pressure off one way or another .GP thinks my issues re leaden limbs are due to anxiety -adrenaline taking its toll on my muscles - hope I am getting near the top of the list for a full body transplant .🤞
Highlighted

My apols,

This mesg has been posted above the original!

Oh Jilly, I'm so sorry you're feeling so low, and I do understand when you say, just not had the energy to post. I have periods of "Gusto", then of prolonged sheer "Gust-off"!! Smiley Very Happy Pull that duvet over my 'ed, for goodness sake!! Well, at least we're all under that duvet in a group, so can tickle each others toes and give/have a giggle in panto fashion!! Yeh, so gotcha, on the, it ain't all rosey in "marriage land" either.

Oh BelleBelle, bless you for the Valentines pic. How lovingly thoughtful of youhoo

Sue - I'm with you on the single spoke then?! A very Happy Belated Singles Valentine Day then. I had a Happy V Day wish messg from my bestie, who's attached - awww, so thoughtful. Means a lot for someone to think that way, when you're not. Hey girl, here's hopin for us both next year, yeh !!!!

Moijan - So are you suggesting you're living in SIN then, ref co-habiting? Nice. Good on you for.

Loadsa love to you all. You all help keep ME going - I soooo thank you for it/that. Taaaa, lovely girlies

Dellywelly xxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

OY, why? No shame for you to "feel" in sin!! you two. !!!!!!!!!!! Probably better than many who've signed the cert!!!!! I was just japing. Moijan - why you say, in sin, "sadly" xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

moijan

same as me, 18 years in sin next month 🙂

Highlighted

Yes, sin it is....but sadly feels rather like a marriage Delly

moijanx

Highlighted

Oh Jilly, I'm so sorry you're feeling so low, and I do understand when you say, just not had the energy to post. I have periods of "Gusto", then of prolonged sheer "Gust-off"!! Smiley Very Happy Pull that duvet over my 'ed, for goodness sake!! Well, at least we're all under that duvet in a group, so can tickle each others toes and give/have a giggle in panto fashion!! Yeh, so gotcha, on the, it ain't all rosey in "marriage land" either.

Oh BelleBelle, bless you for the Valentines pic. How lovingly thoughtful of youhoo

Sue - I'm with you on the single spoke then?! A very Happy Belated Singles Valentine Day then. I had a Happy V Day wish messg from my bestie, who's attached - awww, so thoughtful. Means a lot for someone to think that way, when you're not. Hey girl, here's hopin for us both next year, yeh !!!!

Moijan - So are you suggesting you're living in SIN then, ref co-habiting? Nice. Good on you for.

Loadsa love to you all. You all help keep ME going - I soooo thank you for it/that. Taaaa, lovely girlies

Dellywelly xxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Or cohabiting my lovely Jillxx

still, bc, gives us mucky brown tinted glasses rather than rosey.!

much love

Moijanxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

It's not always full of joy and romance when you are married !!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Belle....and to you to xx

Difficult day for us single Ladies😢

Highlighted

Hello and here’s Wishing all you lovely Ladies a very Happy Valentine’s Day.

May your day be filled with calm, peace, joy laughter .....wishes for a day full of love 

Hugs, Belle xxx

A7996C2A-2B57-4FEA-84F2-B7E90319EB88.gif

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Delly - I'm ok just haven't really had the energy to post - also bored rigid posting about my ailments !!! Having a better week this week so hoping I've turned a corner 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
Highlighted

Hello Girlies

Jilly - Are you under the duvet too, lovey? Shall I bring Sloe Gin, or Port? Meatballs are a must. I'm hoping your lack of presence is for GOOD reasons and not bad?? Are you okay???

Loads of love to you and everyone else.

Dellywelly xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Heelllllooooo Helena,

Many thanks for the new idea of using Harissa powder....next adventure!!

Hope that you are well and All is good!

Any new tapestry?

Huggie wuggies,

Belle xxx

Highlighted

Hiya Rubycat,

Have Just completed 5 years on Tamoxifen and still have to continue as I am deemed not post menopausal yet!! My oncologist will not allow any break as he believes....only he believes that I am doing pretty good so far, even though I have given a long list of complaints 

Awwwww..... you will be as young as you feel and think....

Hugs, Belle xxx

Just a gentle reminder to update Ruby’s shots.....

DF0D70A3-8EE6-4F28-BDE8-836CA008ADBE.png

Highlighted

Sky raisins!!! lolly lol lol Belle. Yes indeed, I have reached the advanced age of 32 x 2, and can't quite believe it - just wish my body was as young as my head.  One good thing about the age though, had already been through meno, so not on tapoxyfen.  Have tried anastyzole and now on exemessy!! That just seems to be rubbing salt into the wound, to be going through it twice  - I'm sure bc must have been designed by a man.Cat Frustrated  Are you having to continue with tapoxy after the 5 years? You deserve a break. Love and hugs. Cat Tonguexxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

They certainly do look scrummy xx

I do a similar thing spicy meatballs in tomato sauce, I use some harissa spice poweder when I am making the meatballs, you have to be careful with it though as it is quite firey

xxx

Highlighted

Hey Dellywelly,
Eeewwwwwww......chocolate covered mice!!!
Maybe we should organise a meatball party!!
Belle xxx
Highlighted

Hiya Rubycat,

Are you 64...as with the title of that Beatles song!?😁😜

I am young.....or so I like to think.....grew up with Beatles being played all the time in the House!! Also Cliff Richard, Tom Jones, etc 

Great to hear that you are doing fine! Its 5 years for me, thought everything have settled but last year was another start of facing side effects of perimenopause and was told that in general, women on Tamoxifen will face menopausal side effects more severely 😰😰😰 and truthfully, it has been and still is a horrendous and crazy time!

Hahaha....the recipe was given by Helena for lamb kofta....second time round did a twist to meatballs. Try it...it’s yummy!! 

LOL.....LOL....the pic is funny.....ya, Jolly will be president of the pest control committee!

Have a lovely Thursday. 

Belle xxx

E8171196-B3F9-4E81-974B-7BA03DBDF086.jpeg

Highlighted

Hey girlies

Hiya Ruby Ruby Ruby ( Lovely Rubes to li'l ole me) Can 'I' join in on the self invite to "Belle's Bistro". Doesn't the food just look fantastically tasty. I'm slobbering at the meatballs piccie! Need some of that - yes please missus. Mind you, I'm also thinking choclate covered mices!!!! Lots of extra protein!!!!

Love to everyone

DoolallyDelly xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Thanks for b/d wishes Belle - I am now officially in the 'will you still need me, will you still feed me' category, and if you don't know that Beatles song, you are officially young.

Doing fine at the mo, and hope all goes well with you.  Each day is a new one and so we can start again.  I still have my duvet days, almost 3 years on, but don't stress about them now, just think to myself that I need time out & bugger anyone else!

Think I need to invite myself to din dins at yours - your food pics look well scrummy.

Had to put poor little mouse in the dustbin as Himself too much of a cowardy custard to go anywhere near it. Mind you, I run a mile if there is a sniff of a spider anywhere (and I don't care how small it is, it's still SCARY).

Think Jolly thinks he's helping you! Cat Very Happyxxx

Image result for funny cat catching bugs
Highlighted

Hello Rubycat,

Sorry didn’t know it was your birthday till Delly mentioned it!

Happy, Happy Birthday! Hope that you had an awesome day!

Warmest and best wishes, Belle 🎂🎂🎂❤️❤️❤️

25D54665-0DD5-4676-B3BB-2A4B2496B0FA.jpeg

Highlighted

Hiya Dellywelly,

Ooooooo......haven’t had that kinda brekkie for ages....might give it a shot this weekend for brunch!!!

Ahh well, what else can one do but try one’s very best to plod on and be cheerful.....

I for one have too many duvet days.....so I crawl out, do a bit of peeping then crawl back 

Also.....crawling out to munch on me choccies!!!

Take good care.

Belle xxx

Highlighted

Morning Girls

Had b/band probs. as much as I kick and scream about all this somewhat impersonal techy communication, i have to say I felt like my arm had been cut off!

Belated Happy birthday Rubes Heart

My goodness, even If you're not feeling so great ladies, everything's looking and seemingly sounding very cheerful on here. i'm feeling incredibly hungry from the meatballs pic.

I escaped from the house all day Monday, possibly driven by lack of B/Band - dunno, but levered my backside out of bed 6.00 am, unwashed, dressed, hat on bonce and out by 6.30 - desperation? Reason I'm mentioning, is because I was starving hungry later, and for some reason had an uncontrollable urge/desire for a massive fry up breakfast (I don't really do fry-ups). So went and got one of S'bury's BIG all days brekkies. Unlike the rest of the world, I'm needing to put weight on. Totally pigged out. 3 bacon, two eggs, 2 sos, 2 hash browns, tomato, beans and toast + two huge mugs o' tea. 

Choccies - Don't do often either, have my occasional little binges. But I'm a dark girl, and yeh, I keep mine in the fridge. A friend bought me a small pack of miniature Florentines from Lidl as a little extra Xmas pressies. Corr, they were scrummy. Not too sweet, but nutty and chewy. Belle - you're incorrigible with your stashes !!

Hope you're all good today? I mean feeling good, not in the behaving sense. You can be as naughty as you want!!

Loadsa love to everyone

Dellypoos xxxxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ooooo that looks good! I must try that...x

Highlighted

Hello hello Helena,

Got a pic of the meatballs.....sorry, looks messy but trust me, it’s yummy. Ate that with spaghetti...

Sending you huggie wuggies 

Belle xxx

46223B92-9E1E-43EF-8B6D-8C951FC281E0.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

Yum they sound lovely, never thought about turning them into meatballs I will have to try that one xxxx

Highlighted

LOL.....ONE a day......whooosssshhhhh.......that’s really self control. I can’t manage that....

My favs are dark chocolate or any with hazel nuts .....

HEHehe.....Ruby started a collection of field mouse and Jolly started a collection of bugs....eating then puking .......guess he thinks his mama got no other work than to clean after him!! 

It’s nice to hear from you. Hope that you are well and All is Good!!

Belle xxx

DF9C676E-5715-4901-AB75-C5F779B625C8.jpeg

Highlighted

Hello Belle, I'm always lurking even if not always posting.

Chocolates in the fridge - that's what Himself does - a tube of after eight thingies and he eats ONE A DAY! Grr - I could eat one tube in five minutes, but not partial to plain choc which is why they remain untouched in the fridge. We really are so incompatible.....

Ruby sends her cuddles and purrs to Jolly but she is not in my good books at the moment as I found a dear little field mouse at the back door yesterday. She seems to be making a habit of it - there was me thinking she was too dense and slow to catch anything. Bad girl Ruby. Cat Very Happyxxx