360690posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Highlighted

Re: Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Sue.....I have chocolates in the cupboard, fridge and mmmmm.....side table in my bedroom.....how bad is that!?!?? 😜😜😜

Highlighted

Heeeelllllloooooooo Rubycat,

How are you? Been missing ya.....

How’s Ruby!? Jolly sends lots of cuddles and love

Hehehehe.......the umpteen times that I am opening the fridge for the chocolates.....not satisfied till it’s over and done with!! 🤪🤪🤪

Belle xxx

Highlighted

My chocolate doesn't last long enough to get to the fridge or cupboard.Cat Tongue

Hope you are all having some better times. Cat Very Happyxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Although it opens the debate.......should you keep chocolate in the fridge or the cupboard??
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good one Belle xx
Highlighted

OOOOhhhhhhh I have been exercising too.....

Anyone care to join!? LOL

434CE4CD-404B-47ED-9140-750B85BF560A.png

Highlighted

Hello Ladies,

How is everyone doing?

Quite quiet around here......

Moijan.....thanks for the mention on Heather’s Hair.....will pass on your recommendation to someone who might be interested! How’s your sleep? Hopefully you are getting more rest and sleep.

Jill......how have you been? How was your visit to your Dad’s?

Dellywelly......where are you!?

Helena.....wanted to let you know that I used your lamb kofta recipe.....did a twist on it.....made meat balls on a bed of tomatoes and onions spicy sauce! Was yummy!!

Sue......hello.....hope all is well!

Have a fabulous Tuesday.......wishing everyone well.

Bellexxx

Highlighted

Hello girls.xxx Delly, am keeping my head above water...tho only 3 hours sleep last nightxx

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful rain....? Love the pics....yes group Hugh

keep meaning to mention ‘Heathers hair’ on here..they are a charity who make headbands with real hair on, so you can wear them under a cap or scarf and you have a fringe,* or even an all round short bob.*

it is free, but as it’s a charity, they like small donation.xx I have two of those myself.*

i realise most of you have lovely full heads of flowing locks, but just in case xx I know some treatments can scare your hair!

Moijanxx

🤗😘

Highlighted
Community Champion

Like the group hug picture Belle -Delly the cat looks like she is getting a bit squashed !!! bad week with work issues and bad legs /back but hopefully a better one next week? Hope you are feeling better Belle .Hope you are doing ok with latest treatment M. Hope everyone else is doing ok and have a nice relaxing weekend ahead .I am going to see my Dad in Liverpool for the day - hopefully the anxiety won't be too bad and I will manage to enjoy my visit 🤞🤞🤞
Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

I love your pics, that one is sooooo cute, must admit I am so glad this week is over, been a very busy one xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Cute !!
Highlighted

Hehehehehe.......Sue, the role of the cat has been taken up graciously by Delly!

Its end of the week and here’s wishing everyone a Lovely Friday, wishing All well and peace of mind. 💐💐💐

Belle xxx

A6BDC355-F924-41C0-AA76-87E5386925B0.gif

Highlighted

How are you doing Moijan? Are you coping on the Taxol? xxx
Highlighted

Think I'm the cat Sue. Hating all these slobbering dogs - yuck (but secretly liking their snuggles tho' :-))
Hope you're feeling a little, or a lot better today Jill and you can kick a**se with the job bosses for things to work your way.
Keep popping out with the Yoohoos and Whoohoos Belle when you can
xxxxxx

Highlighted

Yes..did you get 1 year paid leave, then I year unpaid?  They might offer you reduced hours or a different job altogether until you recover fully.

m💚💚💚

Highlighted
Community Champion

Loving the pictures as always Belle! 

I don't want to be the cat though!!

Xx

Highlighted

😊😊😊 Thanks Sue for the cheers!,

😁😁😁 Lovely to see you too Helena

🤪🤪🤪 Dellywelly, woohoo!!

💐💐💐 Jill, wishing you better days.

😻😻😻 Gentle hugs, Moijan

Let’s do a group hug

Xxxxxxx

395E4EF4-55B8-4A4B-877B-1A40DFBD545C.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi M, yes I have sought advice from Union and I am going to refer to the Equalities act - but ultimately it's up to them whether they agree to give me more time to get well - I will have been off for 12 months end of March , but not just with one issue ,a number of physical complications followed by anxiety issues and now back issues too !!! Bring on the lottery win !!
Highlighted

Hello Lovelies (a very early morning one)

Oh Jillywilly, I'm so sorry you're having a tough time of it physically again. I hope you get some help and feel better soon, lovey. None of it helped by your work concerns either, hey. Send Moijan in - she'll sort 'em out, won't you girly!! Sending you a big smackeroo and a gentle looong hug.

Belleybonbon - Whoohoooo. Glad you've come out to play, even tho' I'm missing a snuggle partner under the duvet. And with one of your lovely pics too. Keep popping out, even if it's just to say Hi and a grunt. My tootsies are getting cold now.

Good to see you Sue. Hope you're doing well are you?

Helena - Hello again, my lovely friend.

Think we all ought to get in on Rockstarchics girly N.Y. trip. Any news for you yet?

Lots of love to everyone, Dellywelly xxxxxxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

Lovely to hear from you xxx

Highlighted

Jill, sweetie, we are protected by law when we have cancer, they can’t actually sack you and shouldn’t put pressure on you either...have you got an hr dept? Or a union rep?   And your gp will back you up....it really is not on, if they are putting pressure on. You could, if chatting to them say something like, oh dear, I’m feeling that people want me to leave, but that’s hard to do.....they have to demonstrate that they have done everything to accommodate you. Try and get some advice, but try not to worry......as you say it makes everything worse. Xx

i AM sorry you are having those sort of problems as well as bc xx

love and 1000 hugs,

Moijanxx😘

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yey! She's back!!☺☺☺

Highlighted

Hellllllooooooo Ladies,

Many thanks for all your care and concern and for missing me......

Sorry that I have been missing as I have not been feeling too well and it has been just duvet days for me....

Am still in woozy land .....

Jill.......really hope that  everything will turn out well for you and that things will get better each day 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Delly.....hi, hello, yo, 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼 How are you??

Moijan.....Are you getting your sleep? 😴😴😴

Helena......huggie wuggies to you 😻😻😻

Sue....wishing you well 🌹🌹🌹

For the rest of the Ladies......Have a wonderful Wednesday. 

Take care.

Hugs, Belle xxxx

FEE450D9-01D2-4E4C-A49B-350D8001B2A0.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi all - not been posting a lot as been physically quite unwell last couple of weeks - GP referred me for blood tests and then possibly physio assessment as issues with my back and struggling to walk - quite scary symptoms .Alongside that having to deal with work issues as it looks like I will not be well enough to return in a timescale that is acceptable to my employers so will be out on my ear Neither of these things is helping with my anxiety at all .I have spoken to Belle via PM and she is not having an easy time and I guess she will post again when she feels up to it ?
Highlighted

Awwww, Rockstarchic - I'm chuffingly flattered by your comment. You know it means I'm gonna have to come to N.Y. with you gals now, don't you. Couple of pairs of thongs (don't do knickers any more, must be my age!) and socks, and that's me packed. Whilst your off gallavanting elsewhere, the only reason I ever want to go to N.Y. is to go to the Met. gallery/museum, the Guggenheim and see the Chrysler building, unless you want to see 'em too, that is. That okay?? Joking aside. Oh yeh, Golly RSC, losing your friend - that's one horrible upsetting kick in the teeth from this ba**ard disease. I'm sooo bloomin sorry. I'd rather forfeit myself than any of my friends be lost. I'm not surprised you're having a wobble, sweetie. For flips sake, you're gonna have to keep us posted

Hi Jill and Moijan - It isn't that you're life just goes on pause, is it. It's that your imagination goes into overdrive, thinking all sorts of things, until you get that call or little note through the door. It's a bummer.

Am worried about BelleBelle. Shall we bombard her p.m. inbox with loving messages, until she submits to coming out and speaking?!!!

Love to everyone

Dellypoos xxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Golly. This thread is coming ‘threadbare’ lol.

hope everyone is just enjoying themselves too much to post?282AC739-C150-469E-9A04-2BEAF3403937.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Fingers crossed they put you out of your misery soon .
Highlighted

That would be good I have good relationshi with breast nurses as a group of ladies do fundraising to increase the breast unit . So I can phone at any time they have rung radiographer but big backlog so waiting is the key I am impatient . Before they would do results same which is less stressful .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Wouldn't it be great if they let you know on the day !!! Life goes on pause for a little while doesn't it ?
Highlighted

Thank you Jill I’m sure once I get mammogram results as long as good news I will be ok it’s the waiting I don’t like
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Rockstarchick ,good luck with your mammogram .I think you are bound to have wobbly times - most of the time you just get on with your life and cancer is firmly in the background then certain things come along health issues etc and remind you what you have been through .Feel free to post here when you feel the need - anxiety is a horrible thing.x
Highlighted

We spent Christmas in Florida I’m always nagging hubby to book holidays and enjoy girly nights out with friends having fun is high on my agenda so I don’t know why I’ve been feeling like this I’m sure it will pass thank you for your reply and fingers crossed mammograms good xx
Highlighted

I was diagnosed April 2014 but never joined just used to read threads but this for some reason feeling very vulnerable I lost one of my be friends last year and I have had few friends diagnosed with secondaries so head but of a whirl . I read your posts all the time delly and you lift my spirits on the whole the forum does . I haven’t been on for a while but thank you for taking time to answer it helps a great deal .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Ahhh Rockstarchic, I assumed you were one year on, as you say, your friend’s recall hasn’t helped.
I’m with you on the holidays, we’re off shortly & are also going to NY later this year. Have a fab trip.
Anyway, 🤞it will be fine!

Thanks for your reassuring  words, Delly

ann x

Highlighted

Hi Rockstarchic - A Warm Hi from me.a

Are you a newbie to the Forum, or just this thread? If the former, you might find some of the other threads in the Coping with Fear and Anxiety section/area helpful too. To be able to get some gen and support from on those as well. The more threads, the more support and info from fellows. My BC dates back to 2006 and 2007 both mastectomies, so no need for ongoing mammo's for me. But I used to still have yearly physical check ups from the consultant for the first five years, of my chest, scar and armpit areas, and I used to get very upset before and by them, them being a reminder, just when you're beginning to more settled about the whole initial nasty experience!! But afer 5, I was signed off, and I have to say, it took me to about year 7, that I just stopped worrying about any of it any more, and just thought, if it happens, it happens, and there's nothing I can do about it. So I'd gradually stopped thinking and living under "What if" and didn't think about BC every day. I get very upset for other people going through it, but I no longer relate their upset and worry to myself, if that makes sense. I do remain healthily vigilant about anything weird that crops up, but not to the point of being psychotic. My fingers are crossed for you girl and you go have an abfab girly hol in NY - Wow

Please let us know how you go on results wise, will you

Lots of love

Delly xxxx

Highlighted

Thanks Ann this is my 4th and silly as it is more nervous my friend who had mammogram same day had recall which thank god was all clear . I do sometimes think life is to good to be true we have had lovely holidays and looking forward to going to New York. As soon as I get results I will be ok I know it’s just the limbo I wish they could tell you at the time of appointment . Hope we both get our good news next week 👌
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Rockstarchic,

I sympathise, I’m also waiting for mammo results, it’s 2 years for me. 

Understandably, you’re just anxious at the mo for a very good reason, as of course, those feelings do re-emerge around appointment times. 

I manage it by telling myself that there would even less likely to be a problem after treatment & if on the off chance something turns up, then the sooner it is dealt with the better.  

Anyway, all should be well, it usually is & as ever it’s the uncertainty that’s the worst bit. 

I do hope it comes through soon for you (mine are due this week, I think) & then we can both move on again. 

I remember the radiographer saying that from her experience, anxious feelings are usual for the first one or 2, then it tends to resolve in the years thereafter. 

ann x

Highlighted

Just reading messages I generally think of myself as doing ok awaiting mammogram results from Jan 11 th so anxiety overboard . When other day work friend thought I should go on anti depressants I have to say I don’t feel depressed just scared of the uncertainty of breast cancer diagnosed April 14 sorry just needed to offload any advice greatly appreciated
Highlighted

No, pm'd her on the 22nd, the last day she posted on here. Tried to tickle her feet under the duvet, but no response, but she's read it. Mind you I was talking about sweaty jockstraps and dangly bits!!! xxxx
Highlighted

Awwww - You ARE naughty you two, testing out the bleeper. Yeh, I'm very surprised too 😉 !!!!! xxxxx
No Belle Belle yet either. Pm'd her last Sunday, know she having a really tough time again. Come on out and say Hi, BelleBelle. Moijans promised not to kick you up the bum. xxxxxxx
Highlighted

Have pmd u.xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thought it would just bleep me !!! Hope you feel better today M .Woke my usual anxious self - apparently it's the corsodil which is high first thing in the morning- hopefully will improve during the day .Still feel like I have the flu bug hovering in background -wish it would make up its mind .
Highlighted

Yes we could try out all the words...but we are ccs would they forgive us for saying pissing and arse?Thank you anyway....xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hee hee ,didn't think it would let me say pissing .. small pleasures !! Hope you are getting some support from OH M .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope you feel better tomorrow M - hope the bladder behaves itself - pain in the arse pissing yourself ..
Highlighted

Jill, even if you are unlucky enough to get the flu...keep up the first defence...it still checks it a bit.

mx

ah,  a good excuse to sleep in the other room, or banish him to itxx

Highlighted

Thank you Jill. Had first taxol yesterday...wet myself thoroughly this morning after getting out of bed! But have given THAT a big kick up the backside hopefully.....I am glad to hear from you sweetie....and I hope you and Bell are feeling better soon xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Still here, just struggling mentally and physically at the moment -trying my best to give it a kick up the backside thanks M and Delly !!!! Know you are dealing with alot yourself -M - hope you are doing ok with next stage of treatment ?
Highlighted

Della....and when did you last get or give a kick up the backside?and who would to like to give one to?

mx

Highlighted

You know what ladies, when I started joining in this thread I hoped to hear about all kicking up the backsides which were going on...have any of you done that yet?it would so cheer me up to hear that say Belle or jill

E3E75948-8B0F-4CFD-93FC-F6EAE85C5B1C.jpeg

Made arrangements to exchange a literal kick up the backside every month xxxx