360694posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Highlighted

Re: Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Jill, try first defence by vicks, I never go anywhere without mine and it hasn’t llet me down.it catches bugs in the nose and stops them at the outset...just squirte it into the sides of the nose wall. Not into the back because that hurts !

also clean all the door knobs every day and loo handles etc. Use a different towel and soap(I try and keep mine in a different room) clean your own knives forks and cups and try to encourage him both to sneeze cough into handkerchiefs and to wash his hands after the loo....if you have a spare room it might be good to sleep in there until he gets better

Moijan

Highlighted

Hi Belle,Jill and everyone.

i now do a bit of reiki on myself every night and it helps...the other thing I discovered was that lush do a product called Sleepy body lotion  ‘. You can get lush on line. I was wandering in just to get some shampoo...NEW shampoo which apparently  renews you hair? But anyway got chatting to a lovely guy, who gave me a couple of free samples of the sleepy body lotion, which I spread under my nose and this works really well. I don’t think you can get samples on line, but only from the shop.

it smells wonderful, so I do my reiki, spread the lotion and dose off.

just wanted to say that I’m now on a change of treatment and had been feeling very much like you lot re sleep....also have had the McMillan counsellor...she is excellent. 

‘’Lots of hugs to you all

Moijan💚💚💚

Highlighted

Hi Grills

Just popped in to say Helloooo. Nobody's here!!! Have never known it so quiet and since 22nd.

Are you all okay? No. Oh ecky pecky. Wish there was something I could do.

Rubes, I've just been shouting you on the fluffs thread - Here you are, causing trouble for husbands, you l'il rascal you!

Well, i'm just gonna have to send you all one of my big extra spesh Delly hugs then. They're very warm, long, and tiiiiight. Sorry, should have said they come with a warning for putting you ribs out of joint!

Lotsa love to you all

Dellypoos xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Very funny - yes I will tell him he needs to pull himself together and try harder to get better .... 😳
Highlighted

Jill, now that OH has flu, thought that you should give him a taste of his own medicine and tell him to stop his moaning and pull himself together!!!

Lots of love and hugs to all of you & apologies. Cat Very Happyxxx  

Image result for man flu
Highlighted
Community Champion

Doing my best -but resting is counter productive with the anxiety - need to be busy - can't win really !!
Highlighted

Ohhh no, flu is contagious..... hope that you don’t catch it!!

Is your ME symptoms easing off? Are you resting as much as possible?

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Picked up mentally during the day but physically feel pretty rubbish with ME symptoms.OH has flu so I'm bound to get that to add to my collection of ailments !!!
Highlighted

Good afternoon Jill,

Are you feeling better and calmer since morning?

I have been just relaxing, trying to stay mentally calm......by reading and listening to audio meditations.

Hope that you alright.

Hugs,

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

How you doing Belle ? Any better ? I've been awake since 5 with waves of anxiety washing over me - so horrible .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Our local cancer charity has treatments including Reiki - I am aiming towards getting there when it feels a bit more manageable, at the moment it is taking all my energy to get to CBT and accupuncture but any treatment that would help with relaxation and the physical fall out of anxiety would be good .
Highlighted

To do reiki course you need to find a reiki master teacher....so you need one near you. If you say you have bc, some will give a discount.

love. And hugsxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks M - where did you go Reiki course - anything that helps !!! Hope you get better sleep tonight -the magnesium oil is def worth a try most nights I sleep more on it .
Highlighted

Highlighted

Recently did a reiki 1 course....I'm using it on myself...it's really effective, I find.

still not sleeping very well tho

hope Belle and Jill are having a better day?HUGS,

moijan💚💚💚

Highlighted
Community Champion

How you doing Belle - guessing not good as you haven't posted ? I am physically really bad this week with ME symptoms - can hardly walk - trying not to panic as I know it will improve /pass in time but not helping mood at all.On the upside despite physical
issues I have been out quite a lot and doing a fair bit of driving - getting slightly easier .🤞🤞🤞🤞
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you Helena .
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

Well that is brilliant considering the start you had today, to have achieved all that in one day is a big tick in the box for you lady

Sending you loads of hugs  xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks M- I'm doing my best in difficult circumstances and know you are doing the same .Hope you have a nice peaceful relaxing sleep after the Reiki .
Highlighted

Well, had a facial this am and reiki this pm, but am feeling very tiredxx

am hoping both of you have better days tomorrow...sounds as if Jill has broken a couple of personal records today tho.

love to you bothxx

Moijan💚💚💚

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope you are doing ok Moijan and that you are getting some support .
Highlighted
Community Champion

One day we will both have a good day Belle !!! I have been making myself do my CBT challenges despite feeling physically rubbish - would be a lot easier if I felt well -would prob be able to manage more .Driove about 10 miles to a pub for lunch then drove.a bit on my own too plus went in a supermarket.Cant say I'm not trying despite hardly being able to put one foot in front of the other !!!
Highlighted

Hello Moijan,

How are you doing?

Hope that you are having better days and sleep than us!!

Take good care,

Belle xxx ❤️❤️❤️

Highlighted

Hiya Jill, 

Am not doing well at all today.....been woozy the whole day.....just took my meds and have been just lying down!! Anxiety over the roof....

Ohhhh dear......sorry that you are not doing well today.....HUGS! HUGS! HUGS

Just ignore the OH for a bit....Try to relax!!

Sending you positive vibes.

Belle xxx

Highlighted

Hello, lovely Belle and Jill.

still grotty days for you...so sorry,

i hope things change for the better for you soon

hugs

Moijan🙏🦋🦋🦋🦋

Highlighted
Community Champion

How you doing today Belle -any better ? I am physically and mentally **** .Can hardly walk and very tearful .OH just shouts at me when Im bad - he can't cope .Just a few words of comfort / cup of tea /little chat about how I'm feeling would make such a difference but he just can't bring himself to do it.Yet when I'm feeling a bit better he's happy to go all those things !!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes it makes your teeth and jaw hurt .I do it when I'm stressed /anxious .Lack of sleep and anxiety affect every part of your body so it's not surprising to just feel generally "ill" - chin-up chuck as they say up here - it will get better - eventually ....,
Highlighted

Yeah, me too....hot flushes been crazily intense.

Did asked OH about teeth grinding and he said no.....but didn’t think of jaw clenching....could be!! Does jaw clenching causes the teeth, gums and jaw aches? 

Do feel like there’s something wrong with my whole body......one thing or another...obviously, the mental aspect is not helpful either

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

You may be clenching your jaw /grinding your teeth ,I know I do .I think the magnesium works but it can only do so much - my hot flushes were really intense last night .
Highlighted

Not a good day for me, Jill

Slept little....looked at the clock every hour till I dozed off at 4am. Admit that I didn’t apply the oil last night..... just wanted to try the effects.....don’t know if it’s psychological.....

Been having a headache plus my teeth, gums and jaw feels tight and achey!!!

Been trying to be calm.....listening to a lot of meditation since morning.

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Belle ,how are you doing ? Any better ?
Highlighted

Good afternoon Jill,

Hope that you are feeling much better.

Hope that you will be able to get some help with your week ahead 

Sending you heaps of positive vibes and loads of caring hugs,

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi all - just packing sons stuff up - 🙁.So wish I felt stronger at the moment every little extra problem seems impossible to deal with - have a difficult week ahead which I thought I had covered a little bit with support from friends -but pretty much every message I've received over last 48 hours has been people saying they can't do it - flu ,funeral , work .Cant be helped but of all the weeks and not just one person - everyone who said they would help ?? Is it some massive test from above ? Cried my eyes out at Therapist on Friday cos I hate so much being dependent on others and feeling so blooming pathetic .Hopefully after son has gone back I will move forward a bit and be able to do more independently .At least this term I am going to try and go down to see son at Uni and go out for lunch ,last term I wouldn't have attempted it .Hope you are all having a peaceful weekend and getting some sleep .I had a weird dream last night - was driving round in a car with windows that were only a couple of inches wide so could hardly see - strange but maybe symbolic of something ??!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Just had message from friend who normally comes with me to CBT - she has been offered work that day - so Im now officially stuffed on a Friday will have to find a way to get there myself somehow - not my week .
Highlighted

LOL.....Jill, never ever thought or wished for anyone to experience what we are going through...even if it’s for one day....

Indeed, we are putting loads of energy and efforts, hoping to gain some sort of normality. I admit that there are days that I feel it’s back to square one!

Thank you for sending me positive thoughts and empathy......likewise to you

Belle xxx

E7565B27-02B0-4E0A-A64B-43748CD683BC.gif

Highlighted
Community Champion

Do you sometimes wish they could experience it - just for one day -may have more sympathy then !!! It is exhausting dealing with this but if you don't put time and energy into it and force yourself to do difficult things it doesn't get better.Will send you positive thoughts and empathy tonight !!!
Highlighted

Exactly, Jill....believe me, I am doing everything possible and I believe that you are also doing your utmost best! It’s really challenging., isn’t it??

Who wants to be ill? Who wants anxiety?? 

Sometimes OH statements or remarks do rile me up.....gets me upset and stress out.....like today, he said You are alright, there’s nothing wrong, it’s just a phase of life that you are facing !!!!........When I cry, he ask me why am I crying for!? Ahhhhhh........so it’s best to keep to myself ....

Hope that we will have better days....

belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

How on earth could you try harder to get better !!? I have similar - sometimes OH implies if I put my mind to it I would just get better .I am doing everything in my power to get better - sometimes probably too much - the pressure from him probably makes it harder .
Highlighted

To be honest, Jill, earlier on, I used to wake me OH.....as you said, he being the only one around and I needed the comfort and reassurance 

Now, I don’t anymore as I feel that I am disturbing his sleep and it seems to him that I am not trying hard enough to overcome my issues...... 

Great to have a good cry......hope this made you feel lighter.

Dont despair.....we shall walk together

Hugs, Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Helena ,I am doing that when it is a friend walking the dog, but I'm having to pay a professional dog walker for some extras as I can't keep relying on favours from others and they let me down sometimes when I've no other options.The professionals just stick him in the back of their van and drive off somewhere !
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Belle ,I try not to tell OH now myself but that's hard when he is the only person there in the middle of the night and you feel like **** !!! I will try and think of some positive things I can conjure up in the middle of the night to say to myself - last night all I could think of was **bleep** off anxiety !!!! Hoping for a better one tonight .Been to CBT and has a good cry - feel exhausted now !!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Jill

Just a thought and I dont know if it is something you have tried, but could you perhaps try going out with the dog walker, that way you are not on your own when you go out and if you need to you can go back home and the dog walker can carry on with your dog xxx

Highlighted

Hiya Moijan,

Having a pet can be very therapeutic...... but certain breeds do take up a lot of time and energy. 

Do some homework before getting a pet....

Belle xxx ❤️❤️❤️

Highlighted

Hiya Jill,

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get back to sleep as I was pretty soaked with sweat again and again and my skin started itching all over.....went to put E45 itch relief cream ....not a nice feel with sweat!!!

Been having the darn headache, wooziness and anxiety..... arrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!

Sorry that you are also not having a good day.....not good having dark thoughts......try the positive affirmations!!

Ahhhhhh......the Hubs are having a difficult time handling our difficulties......I don’t want to even tell mine.....we will end up arguing and I don’t need any more stress.....feel alone!!!

Sending you loads of positive vibes.

Hugs, Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

They are wonderful company and comfort as long as you find one but doesn't need too much excercise - they vary significantly depending on the breed .
Highlighted

Jill thank you so much for your pm xx

i had a lovely cat first time round, think I mentioned her before...she seemed to look after me! My q re your dog, was aimed at finding out if dogs too can give comfort as currently, I think it would help me a lot.

mx

Ps I -pm.d you back too

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi M - see you have deleted post -good. Yes dog gives me a lot of comfort but in order to meet his needs I need to send him out with dog walker thus leaving me on my own for a few hours which I find hard at the moment .
Highlighted

Jwill, what kind of doggy do you have? Does having a dog give comfort?

MX

Highlighted

B

Highlighted

Will pm youxx

Mx