cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Need Hug or Kick up the Backside

Husband not very supportive this morning when I said I was feeling low and tearful - he just got angry - I understand it gets very boring and depressing for him too .
Highlighted
Community Champion

I was wide awake at 1 and then 3.30 Belle think I prob went back to sleep for an hour / I should have logged on -was feeling tearful and anxious, having dark thoughts and thinking about son going back to Uni- jolly time - the middle of the night is such a bleak time of the day .Sending you hugs and hoping you went back to sleep for a little while .
Highlighted

Hello....hello...🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️....Happy Wee Hours.....Anyone around?? 👀👀👀

CB994C0F-B891-4D60-82DB-F42F6163DEB6.jpeg

Highlighted

Jill, there’s loads of positive affirmations on YouTube ....try and have a look and choose what suits you best! 

Another thing I found helpful is guided hypnosis meditation.....maybe you could give this a shot too.

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Moijan on a Wednesday I go out with a friend ,her son and the dog and I do that- I walk a little way then sit in cafe but still spend time out with dog. With professional dog walker they stick him in their van and head off for a few hours somewhere
Highlighted

Hello Moijan,

How did the appointment with your oncologist go? Did you get anything to help you sleep better?

Take good care.

Love and hugs, Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I'd forgotten about the positive affirmation thing - my accupuncturist told me to do that it's supposed to help -will have to think of something .
Highlighted

Jill, could you go part way with the dog walker?  Or arrange to meet them on the way back? Just a thought. Or sit in the car and watch them running round the park?

love and hugs to you and to Belle.

Moijan😘😘

Highlighted

Thanks, Jill......

Really understand what you are saying .....every simple thing seems complicated and hard to do, everyday seems to be full of dread..... 

I have to keep reminding myself what my therapist said.......Take baby steps, be kind to yourself, love yourself and have daily positive affirmations!!! Not easy but trying.....

Lets hope that we will have better and calmer days and nights.

Hugs, Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well done for doing that Belle - so hard when such simple things are so difficult -today I'm kind I'm doubtful that I will ever be well this has been going on for so long ,but I have to keep reminding myself that some things are easier now - I'm sure could attempt more if I was physically a bit better which is frustrating .

Highlighted

Jill, it’s positive that we set goals......achieving it or not it’s another matter ....

This morning, I forced myself to do my walk.....took every ounce of energy and disregarded my mood and anxiety......so difficult and afraid....

i really believe that you will be able to walk your dog plus doing other things.....you are a strong lady! Don’t worry, we are all here to help motivate you....

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry you are having a bad day too Belle - I keep setting goals in my head by which time I will be substatislly better but they keep passing and I still have major challenges -latest one was by time son goes back to Uni I will be able to walk the dog - well that's that one out of the window .☹️ Let's hope as the weather gets better and the days get longer we will see some improvement. 🤞🤞🤞

Highlighted

Thanks, Jill......tried out Helena’s recipe and quite enjoyed the process of moulding and cooking the Koftas! First time in my life trying my hand at middle eastern food!!

😰😰😰.....Oh dear, Sorry that you are struggling today.....it’s such a damper to feel not well!! You have so much on your plate......I truly hope and pray that you will feel and get better 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Whilst your dog is walking, try to distract yourself by reading or watching tv or listening to music as not to feel that down....

Am not feeling too great.....been having headache from not enough of sleep and flushes are getting hotter.....today,, my anxiety is on high!!

Take good care. Sending you lots of love, Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Kofta looks great Belle .How are you going ? I Did quite well yesterday -after a bad morning the afternoon was better on the anxiety front .Today however I am struggling, woke up at 5am very anxious and it has continued .Physically really being hampered by ME symptoms -legs just won't work .Have arranged for dog walker on a Friday now but feel sad as I want to take dog out myself and I like having his company so when he is out I feel even more miserable .☹️

Highlighted

Hiya Helena,

😊😊😊 Thank you!!

Must day that I am pretty pleased at how it turned out and Hubs dug in with a gusto too......asked me how did I know how to cook this and I proudly told him a good friend of mine shared her recipe.....😁😁😁

Hahahaha.......I mixed the onions, tomatoes and mint with the yogurt......tasted really good. Worked very well together!! You could try it it too!!

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Belle

Wow get you lady that looks lovely xxx

WHat a numpty I am I didnt make it clear, but I do the tomato and onion salad as one accompaniment and yoghurt and mint mix separately but it looks as if it went well together judging by your piccy, well impressed with how your koftas look

xxx

Highlighted

Hello Helena,

How are you and Colin? Hope both of you are faring well.

As promised, my update on the Kofta plus the onion and tomato yogurt salad 😁👇🏻👇🏻👇🏻

Did it on the sticks......not professionally done but love, love, love the taste.

Many thanks again for kindly sharing your recipe 😘😘😘

Huggie wuggies, Belle xxx

31C1D5DC-12A6-4869-ABE1-42813ABAAFAB.jpeg

Highlighted

Good afternoon Everyone,

Awfully quiet here! Hope all is alright.

Jill.....how are you doing today? Slept ok? Hope that your son have recovered

Peace.... hope that you are having a better and calmer day.

Moijan.... How did your doctor appointment go?

Delly.....hope that all is well at your end.

Janey.....hope that you have recovered from your bout of vertigo.

To other ladies.....have a lovely Thursday. Take care.

Hugs, Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Delly /Peace ,yes I got there found it hard but found it a lot easier taking her back and felt better this afternoon.Fingers crossed for some sleep and a better day tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞🤞.
Highlighted

Hi 

the community cafe is at our local community centre whereby people who have problems like anxiety etc or who are just lonely can come and meet people.

its relaxed and nobody judges you .

love Peace

Highlighted

Hi Jill 

I hope your drive and your visit to your friend went ok.

love Peacd

Highlighted

Hope you managed the journey to your friends Jill x
Highlighted

Afternoon everyone

Jill and Peace - I hope your day's have got better. Peace - when you say community cafe, what do you mean ref "community"?

I know it's different in my case, me not being on hormones, but I've put myself on high dose cod liver/fish oil the last few days, and noticed quite a significant drop in my natural menopausal hot flushes. Don't know if you might find they help.

xxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Mornings are always the worst time Peace - I always wake up with feeling of dread at the moment which is a terrible way to start the day .I think it's the anticipation of the day ahead - you do right to get out and be with people .When you are on your own with no distractions you are always more likely to focus on how you feel /your ailments etc I am going to attempt to drive to my friends house - the anticpation of doing it is making me anxious .Ive done the journey a few times before on my own but usually I have set off with my son ,dropped him off and then continued the journey so the initial most difficult part of the journey I've not done on my own .Wish me luck !!
Highlighted

Morning everyone,

well what a start to my morning my water bottle leaked in the bed and then some sales call phoned early so great start brought on the anxiety shakes and all and I really hate it.

Of course started to worry about money and how my bones hurt, I really sympathise with you with the tomoxifen I had the side effects  you will get through it.

im going to give my self a kick and go to the community cafe the housework can wait .

sorry another grump I hate mornings lol

apologies everyone

I think it's the Wednesday woes so bleep bleep

love Peace: :Cat Frustrated

Highlighted
Community Champion

Wishing everyone a good nights sleep .Son has either food poisoning or flu - very poorly and puking up -should keep me occupied 😳
Highlighted

Hi ladies,

actually, last night was recoverable because tho I woke for a wee at 5, I afterwards seemed to go back to sleep till 9.30!

i am seeing the onc tomorrow so maybe they will have something to suggest...just to keep for emergencies.

i know one thing...it's b awful lying there for literally hours..Thinking...oh no I can't sleep.!

hope jill, you feel better. Belle have a good evening tooxx

Moijanxx

Highlighted

Hello Moijan,

Did you get good sleep? Have you fully recovered from your cellulitis?

Mmmmm.....never tried the pasta .....sounds real comforting! I do eat bananas or chocolates and found it comforting!

Yes, Headspace is pretty good. Another helpful method is listening to guided meditations.

Take good care.

Hugs, Belle xxx

Highlighted

Hello Jobey,

Many thanks for your feedbacks. My next appointment with my oncologist is next month and will be discussing if I want to take Venlafaxine. When he first recommended me, I told him that I want to think about it as I am already taking Alpralozam for my anxiety and didn’t want to add on another, even though Venlafaxine is also use to help with the hot flushes.

Sorry to hear that Tamoxifen caused pain to your knees. Did the pain stop after you stopped Tamoxifen?

I too have lots of side effects with Tamoxifen but am persevering.....last year, my side effects got progressively more and worse. My oncologist said that it’s also due to perimenopause and most women on Tamoxifen will face the side effects more severely!!

Thank you again. Take care, Belle xxx

Highlighted

Hello hello my dearJill,

Please don’t say sorry for the moan.....please do moan away.....it’s the only place that we can and we all understand and support each other as we are unfortunately in such a similar situation.

It’s definitely such a downer to deal with all these physical and mental issues.....such a daily struggle!!! Our fluctuations of hormones are doing us in too!!!

On a positive note, you are really improving and you are one tough lady!! 

Ahhhhhh......here’s giving you lots of comforting hugs.....try to cheer up! Hopefully your acupuncture session will make you feel better.

Love, Belle xxx

Highlighted

Hi Jill,

sorry you feel so bleep - sometimes a bit of exercise helps....I also find a plate of pasta very comforting, esp with grated cheese and/or garlicky sauce.

try going on to Headspace -it's free at first level--all you need..really, just download it, slip into headphones and listen - shows how to manage your thoughts etc.

hope you feel better soon...xx

Moijan💚💚💚 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning all .Belle how are you today ? I got a bit more sleep but still struggling today, keep waking up feeling really tearful and can't shake it off - keep feeling sad about my lack of " normal life " and also son going back to Uni - think hormones are majorly playing a part here as boobs are sore and swollen like before a period .Physically still rubbish - would help such a lot if I didn't feel physically quite so bad I think .Sorry for the moan .
Highlighted

Belle I took Venlafaxine with Tamoxifen for 2.5 years , weaned myself off a few months ago and felt pretty rough for a few weeks but it soon passed , it helped greatly with SE though which is why I was on it and barely had a flush!

I've only stopped taking it as came off Tamoxifen due to problems with my knees , can't speak for its antidepressant qualities as I have never suffered with depression or anxiety but I'm told it's a good drug ,its similar to CItalopram in how it works and I know plenty who swear by that , I would certainly recommend it for helping with SE Xx Jo 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Venlafaxine is supposed to work but downside is coming off it - it's quite hard apparently .The BC nurse suggested sage to me - it's another one of those things where there seems to be conflicting advice .
Highlighted

No, haven’t tried sage. Seem that I am not suppose to take that whilst on Tamoxifen. One of the lady that I befriended while doing chemo, is taking Red Clover and she said after one week, her flushes are gone. However, that is another that can’t be taken while on Tamoxifen.

My oncologist recommended me to take Venlafaxine and my appointment is next month....

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Have you tried sage tablets -it's about the only thing I haven't tried .
Highlighted
Community Champion

I find if I leave myself uncovered as long as I can bear it the anxiety dies down ,but you are right it still spikes again when you flush -it's truly miserable .Oh to be able to take HRT !!!
Highlighted

I do the same plus with the fan full blast. After that I would be freezing cold. Then back to hot....

Its the anxiety that’s hard to handle. Ahhhhhhhh

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I get out of bed and cool down ,then get back in and leave myself uncovered from waiste upwards -seems to help with the anxiety - the heat seems to fuel it .
Highlighted

How do you cool off? My hot flushes come with sweating profusely....

No, haven’t tried the magnet because I assumed that it’s not workable....

Ya, the feeling of dread is just horrid. I do try breathing exercises and meditation ....

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

There must be a reason the anxiety comes with the flushes - I found that if I cool my top half down considerably that the anxiety dies down a bit -worth a try .The feeling of dread is just the worst feeling -not the best way to start the day is it ? Are you going to try the magnet ? I'm sure my flushes got worse when I stopped using it but not improved significantly again since I put it back on .
, see how it goes .
Highlighted

Hiya Jill,

Not a good night, had a fair bit of hot flushes plus anxiety. Why does anxiety comes with hot flushes? Not a nice feeling at all.....always feeling the dread? Is that normal or it’s just me? Just got about 4 hours sleep

Me doggies too wants their walks otherwise they tend to get restless! Hope that you will be well enough to walk your dog...

Yay....you always feel better after your acupuncture session 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Belle ,not one of my better days today -woke up feeling tearful - don't know why ? Didn't sleep that well as now have really painful shoulder as well as all my other ailments !!! Oh well -I have still been out for little drive on my own.The dog does like going out in the car actually but expects a walk at the end of the journey !!! Accupuncture tomorrow - hopefully she can put a few of the physical things right ?? Did you get some sleep?
Highlighted

Hello Jill,

How are you today?

Putting on some weight is not that bad.....you have been enjoying your meals 👍🏼😁

Drive with doggie in tow......😜😜😜 Saw this pic and thought of you immediately....LOL

Hugs, Belle xxx

5A4FDCF7-77AE-4943-8143-FDF62E3B4807.jpeg

Highlighted

Hello Peace,

Thank you, I will proceed with caution before taking anything.

Thats lovely, getting the referral to the gym.

Hope that you are having calmer days.

Take good care. Hugs, Belle. Xxx

Highlighted

Hello Moijan,

Many thanks for your advise. Actually, the pharmacist recommended me to take Black Cohosh and knows my medical history. I want to be on the safe side and ask my oncologist. Knowing my oncologist, I am quite certain the answer would be a no!!

Please do give the magnesium supplements and magnesium oil a try. It is not a cure but gives better sleep and does takes some of the edge off. 

Hope your OH is keeping out of your path...

Take good care.

Hugs, Belle xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Peace ,a referral to local gym sounds a great idea .Im hoping that when I feel more able I can get out with my dog in the light and fresh air -I have put on a lot of weight over last few weeks with not going out much -I was used to be out 2 hours 3 days a week with dog .Cant fasten my jeans at the moment !!
Highlighted

Hi everyone, 

ive just googled black cohosh and it says its acts like oestrogen. I agree please be careful. I found out that I cannot take magnesium as it causes heart palpitations with my fluoxetine . 

On a lighter note my Gp has referred me to my local gym so once I hear I'll let you know how it goes. I just wish I could have the same Gp each time but there we are.

please all take care and Thankyou for being so friendly and understanding 

live Peace

🌻🌻

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Moijan,yes I have looked at Borrow My Doggy - just felt a bit more comfortable using professional dog walkers I know /people I know and hoping it won't be for too long 🤞🤞🤞
Highlighted

Belle, just realised I must have picked up an old post as haven't been able to find it again....but will leave this next para in, in case.xx

whatever we ladies say, please please check with a pharmacist xxx

i think black cohosh is a strong herb, but don't know if I'd try it without some research.

Moijanxx💚💚💚