cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Occult Breast Cancer

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Occult Breast Cancer

I was diagnosed with OBC in spring of 2018.  Had an axillary clearance in left arm in Sept '18. 5 of the 15 nodes were cancerous.  After that I had 12 sessions of Paclitaxel chemotherapy, then 15 of radiotherapy to the left breast and to collar bone. I'm now on Anastrozole for minimum of 5 years & longer if I tolerate it well. Also on Bonefos tablets for 3 years. I see my oncologist on Wednesday but it's just a routine visit & I feel well. If you would like a more in depth details of "my journey" please email me on mailmegs@icloud.com and I shall tell you of my "high" & "low" moments. With kind regards, Mogach 

Highlighted

Morning ,

I was diagnosed with Occult breast cancer last week.  Have the op to remove the nodes on Wednesday.  Feeling really anxious and angry with myself.  Just wondering how you are coping.

Dabs

Highlighted

Thank you so much for your contact. It was so good to hear from you! I have now finished the 12 Paclitaxels on 17 Jan & finished 15 radiotherapies to breast and collarbone on 14 March. Started Letrozole for 5 yeras a month ago which gives me severe joint pain. I had a break from Herceptin during radiotherapy but have my 5th one today.  Feeling sorry for myself at moment as two days after rads ended I took a severe allergic reaction to a penicillin based antibiotic prescribed for a nose infection so the all over rash intermingled with the radiotherapy skin reaction, so your contact came at the right time to give me a boost to know that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.  Thank you. xx

Highlighted

Hi Mogach. I haven't been on this site for a while so I have only just seen your post. I was also diagnosed with an occult primary breast cancer in early 2015, with malignant axillary lymph node, so very similar to you. I had 3 x FEC chemo and 3 x Taxotere, 18 Herceptin and 15 radiotherapy treatments. I then had axillary lymph node clearance with no further malignancy found. It is a rare diagnosis and there isn't a great deal of information out there. I must admit I did struggle for a while with the thought that the primary was lurking somewhere and they hadn't managed to find it, despite all the scans and investigations that I had. I still have 3 monthly check-ups with my oncologist and surgeon, and so far so good! I expect your chemo has finished now - hope you didn't find it too awful. It would be great to hear how you are getting on xx

Highlighted

Hi Mogach

I'm sooo sorry for your diagnosis. And I'm also sorry you haven't had any responses. Perhaps ,as you say. it's soo rare.

I hope the rest of your chemo treatments are bearable, and more importantly, succesful. Plus your course of rads. 

Thats a lot to have to take. Hope you can stay strong - I'm sending you some strength to you right now. Plus a big, long, warm Delly hug. You got it?

Pleeease let us know how you're doing.

Much love to you

Dellywelly xxxxxxx 

Highlighted

Occult Breast Cancer

I was diagnosed last July with Stage 3 Occult Breast Cancer (via malignant axillary lymph nodes). 15 removed of which 6 malignant. Now finished 10 of 12 Paclitaxel chemos, then to have 15 radiotherapies. Also started Herceptin injections & had 3 of 18. Looking to "chat" with anybody who has/had Occult Breast Cancer as I understand it is a fairly rare type of cancer.