cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ovary scan anxiety!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Ovary scan anxiety!

Hi ladies, had my scan and got my results back today, all good!!😀 Such a big relief, I got the letter this morning saying results were back and to contact GP, with it being Friday, I didn't really want the weekend to worry about it, so called them this morning and was lucky to get an appointment this afternoon, I was so anxious though, was pacing the floor in the waiting room, when I got into the doctor's office, I was sitting on the edge of the seat, watching his face as he began to read out all the information on the screen, when he said all was good, I said thank you, then practically ran out the door! Hospitals and GP surgeries raise my anxiety levels very high now since having cancer, so glad I don't smoke! I'd be on 50 a day!!😂X

Highlighted

Soooo pleased at your blood results....Such good news.

My scan is next Wednesday 27th June.  Fingers crossed..  You are right and isn't it great, that the medical profession do not take any chances with us....I think I was just a little alarmed at the appointment being made there and then.....I am feeling a little more human than I was yesterday.......

Thank you - will keep you posted.

Heather xx

Highlighted

Thanks for responding - Hope the operation goes smoothly and you managed to put your feet up for a few weeks...I am so grateful hearing your news - it really does put my mind at rest.  Having been clear for a number of years, I had almost forgotten how knowledgeable everyone is on here....Great support at times of worry. 

very best wishes and good luck for the operation.

Heather xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Munchkin

That is really good news.  It is definitely worth having the scan, it does not take long and is not painful and it will give you peace of mind.

Thank you for your best wishes xxx

Highlighted

Hi ladies, got all my blood tests back today, thankfully all came back normal, including the one I was more concerned about the CA125, I've asked is it still worth me going for an ultra scan, as my GP put in a request for it, the same time as my blood tests, the receptionist says if I've been offered a free scan, there is no harm on going, have had no date yet sent through for it, so will wait and see. All these tests are such a worry when you've had cancer, though, like my BC nurse said, it's something I probably need to get used too, as any ailments in the future they will probably do more tests than normal. Like you said ladybowler, it's good they're being ultra cautious. All the best by the way with your hysterectomy, like you say, it will be less of a worry for you in the future. Have you a date yet Heatherlou for your scan.?Xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Heatherlou

It certainly does but that is also a good thing because we dont take anything for granted and it is good that our GPs are proactive based on our history even if they do not believe it is anything sinister, they want it checked and the best way is to fast track us.  That was exactly the same with me, she did the referral there and then, with my ringing up the unit to make the appointment, otherwise these things can take several weeks to even be looked at before you get an appointment.

I have had my results back I am having to have a hysterectomy as because of previous scar tissue etc, they have not been able to access my womb and as the lining is rather thicker than they would expect for a lady of my age, my consultant has recommended that I have it done just to take away any potential problems in the future.  So I will be going in to have it done in the next 6/8 weeks.

Let me know how you get on xxx

Highlighted

Hi - I did not see your post before I posted my post on post tamoxifen.  I am in the same boat and I am sure that the doctor is being over-cautious....However, I was shocked at how quickly the scan was arranged (whilst I was sitting with the GP)....Maybe with our history, we will panic everytime something needs investigating.  Maybe it is a good thing and makes us realise that we must act on anything strange.  I really hope your results are back now and you are in a better place...Sometimes just waiting for tests and results is far worse than the known.....Good luck    xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Munchkin

Just been through the same thing as I had a slight bleed and am on tamoxifen, I have been on it since November 2017 so just behind you.  My GP told me that she did not think for one moment it was anything sinister but because of our diagnosis of bc and being on tamo, she did a fast track referral otherwise I would be waiting many weeks for a scan.

The scan itself is not too bad, it was more about having to drink and keep a litre of water inside me for at least an hour before it, its amazing when you are told you can not go to the toilet how much you want to, and relief to go after the first part of it was incredible.  They do an abdominal and an intervaginal scan and then you will probably go for the blood test after that on the same day, that is what they did with me.

I had the blood test and they came back all clear.  I have a cyst on my right ovary which is 3.9cm howver it is classed as a simple cyst so it is nothing to worry about.

I know it is a very worrying time but the good thing is that because of what we have been through already they are ultra cautious, which to be honest is probably a good thing albeit it scary because it brings back all those memories from our bc diagnosis.

Sending you a hug

Helena xxx

Highlighted

Ovary scan anxiety!

Hi everyone, didn't think I would be back on again so soon. Went to see the doctor today, as I've been having on and off bloatiness on my tummy, when it comes I feel really tired, I've put it down to IBS, as I do get anxious and stressed, or maybe the tamoxifen is causing it, the doctor though wants blood tests and also an ovary ultra scan, I've been freaked out by this, my anxiety levels have hit the roof now!! I know he's probably just being over cautious, but can't help worrying, could it be ovarian cancer, was diagnosed with BC January 2017, IDC.Xx started on tamoxifen August 2017.