cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pet Lovers.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted

Re: Pet Lovers.

Hi. I've set up a thread in Coffee Lounge / Hope & Inspiration. Only after doing that have I realised there is a similar thread under ' chat & games'. Whoops.

Highlighted

Silvertong - Ha ha ha, lovin the pic! I also posted mine on the "Progesterone, Other Hormones, and Fluffy Cakes" thread, as one of the members, rubycat (Hellooo, wherever you are Rubes), had the knack of posting just the right pic for whatever the occasion. Mostly of cats.

Pets aside - If I had the ability to, I'd hunt down poachers in the far off countries of the world. Breaks my heart when I watch progs or read articles exposing the needless slaughter of big cats, elephants, wales, sharks etc. For what? Trophies, rugs, jewelry!  Weird but totally helpless Pangolins' killed for their scales that apparently have  health properties. Sharks fins for soup?? Can't watch the animal charity ads for donkeys (ey up "wonkydonkey"!), showing what states they're left in. 

Yes, I eat meat, and No, I'm not wishing to be hypocritical. Feel it's different, in that cattle's actually reared and bred (purposely multiplied) for food, and not being needlessly hunted into extinction. For that unnecessary soup and so called health properties. Grrrrrrrrrrrr  

As well as ANYthing lighthearted and comical, I watch any animal progs going on tv - love 'em. Hate 'em though, when they show animals even naturally killing other animals for food (yeh, have become a real softie), but that's different, IS necessary.

Listen me on my soapbox, ha ha hee!!!

David Attenborough and "The Supervet", Noel Fitzpatrick, are on my most desired dinner party guests, mostly for their compassion and passion for animals (not their looks and don't know about any other attributes Smiley Wink!). Plus their associated fascinating lives with animals. Fancy sitting in a jungle and have gorillas come over making their own kind of communication gestures to you. Or having the abiity/nowse to design components for rebuilding an otherwise ordinarily written off animal's smashed up pelvis, or replacing its lost leg or foot with a prosthetic one. A mere animal, not a human!. What that man, Noel Fitzpatrick, does, just astounds me sometimes.

Am rambling again, but with passion!! 

Lotsa lurrrv xxxxxxx       

Highlighted

@Wonky wrote:

Maybe we should have a group on here ( in the Coffee Time space) about pets - they seem a popular subject and are clearly a huge comfort to many. I'd certainly enjoy reading more about ' all creatures great & small'. 

Good idea - our own bring such joy and it is lovely to read about other people's pets as well.

Even if I do sniffle and reach for the tissues with some posts 😉 That's all part of it too.

new year cat.jpg

Highlighted

Hi Delly, thank you for your post. ( Plus anyone I have accidently forgotten to thank whilst doing my Mummy-Nurse and wallowing in the sheer bliss of having my buddy back home).

Maybe we should have a group on here ( in the Coffee Time space) about pets - they seem a popular subject and are clearly a huge comfort to many. I'd certainly enjoy reading more about ' all creatures great & small'. 

I'll post something in that space and see how it goes.

Happy New Year everyone and thank you for your help. X 

Highlighted

Wonks - Phew, I'm so glad to hear your pussycat is recovering. What a horribly distressing Xmas for you.

Am sooo with you and other postees on the animal "comfort" and their "sensing" side. Years ago now (13), I was out hoovering the car, and remember my neighbour's big soft lovable black labrador padded over to say hello. Kept repeatedly and persistently nuzzling under my arm. Just took it as him being a bit daft, extra affectionate, and thought it nothing else (Why would I think it anything else?). It was only shortly afterwards, I found a lump in my boob on the same side! Didn't relate it until some time after that when I read about animals often being able to smell or sense certain illnesses or when something's wrong, labradors in particular.

My cat was the same as yours. A constant unconditionally loving (apart from the obligatory cuddles, treats and a warm dry bed! Cat Very Happy) companion, comfort and the best buddy ever. Saw me through both BC's, loss of my Mum, Dad, brother and all sorts of other brown stuff. Lost her three years ago, after 20 yrs, and the last of my family. Despite it being the humane thing to do, having to have a living creature that you love soo much, put to sleep and have to watch the life-light in her eyes quickly fade and be snuffed out, was one of the worse things I've ever had to do and experience. Shocked even myself how broken hearted I felt, even after such other losses. Have had to keep resisting having another. Even though cats take little looking after, with my now current mental state as it is with Bipolar, I can't yet trust myself to be able to.

Crikey - now that I've probably got you all sniffing and reaching for the tissues - on a much lighter note!! Mmm Yeh, the "joys" (not) of giving cats tablets. It's rather an interesting, challenging task isn't it! Have you seen the little gadgets you can get for giving tablets to cats? Bought mine from my vets. They look a bit like a plastic syringe. Have a slot on the end of a sliding stalk you put the tablet into, you push plunger and it deposits the tablet. Allow you to reach further into the back of the cats mouth without getting your fingers ravaged and can be less distressing for the cat.

Did a double take when I saw this - is the spitting image of my beautiful Chloe, but without the antlers ho ho ho!! Smiley Very Happy Heart 

Wishing everyone a very Happy and a very Healthy New Year xxxxxx              

Highlighted

Aaww, thanks Spice. It was a grim crimbo, but all is well, just done his tablets and still have all my fingers -lol. There really is an art to it, isn't there- if you don't get a straight shot first time they manage to spit them out. Lol. X

Highlighted

Hi Wonky,I just read your story and I am so happy and relieved that your cat is getting better. I know what you are going through and  how much our furbabies mean to us all. I have 2 big softies who I would be lost without. Purrs in our hearts and sending hugs😻 xxx😻😻🐾🐾🐾

Highlighted

Oh yes, the bill brings a different sort of tear to your eye definitely.

So glad he's through the op and back in your loving arms 🙂

Highlighted

Great news glad he's home x

Highlighted

Hi really glad you’ve got you’re little pal home. Hope he recovers quickly xx 

Highlighted

He's home, plus his luggage - an array of pills and special food. Makes my meds look simple in contrast. I am going to be busy 'doing nurse'. 

Many thanks to everyone who posted, sent hugs and PMs. It made a huge difference. 

Pets leave paw prints on your heart. They also make a rather big hole in your bank balance.....but he is worth every single penny and some more. 

Have a lovely evening everyone. Wonky

Highlighted

Hi Wonky,

Glad to hear vets positive update - fingers crossed he continues to improve. 

Why do cats like the wash basin so much? My girl used to love the bath too.

Hope he's home soon to resume musical (purring) hot water bottle duties.

Xx

Highlighted

Hi again Bas , next update from vet soon, they seem relatively confident he's not in imminent danger. Quite possibly he's in better shape than me, maybe should have asked vet to sedate me too -lol.

Just by way of chat. Similarities. The boy is incredibly shy and hides whenever I have visitors. I think some people think he is a figment of my imagination, he is so elusive. When I'm out, he sleeps in the wash hand basin. 

The old lady always makes her presence felt when I have visitors. Her speciality is sticking her head in people's handbags. Quite what that is all about, is anyone's guess. Most visitors also get a few yoga poses from her. Her other 'trick' is battering the cat flap as though she's playing the drums. She used to do it with the door knocker, which made such a racket I had to have it removed. So an exhibitionist and a recluse with a fondness for taps. 

Never a dull moment.

Highlighted

Thanks Joemic and Bas. Just sitting tight waiting to hear from vet and trying not to let my mind run riot.  

Of course despite all the sage advice on here about not consulting Dr Google, I did yesterday. Bad. Idea. 

Highlighted

Hello Wonky,

I hope your cat has pulled through. My own boy cat had a blockage at 13yo and emergency operation. He went to live on to be nearly 21.

Both my indoor cats were a huge comfort to me during treatment, always cuddling. My girlie cat was very shy and would hide a lot, yet during my treatment she would come and sit between me and any visitors.

My thoughts are with you and hope he is soon home fit and well.

Huge hugs J x

Highlighted

Oh Wonky, I'm so sorry to hear about your cat, our animals are so precious to us, they give so much yet ask for so little in return. I understand just how heart wrenching it is for you, they give us so much comfort and listen to all our woes without judgement.

I pray he pulls through this tough time.

Joemic x

Highlighted

Thank you Silvertong (and others) ; I'm praying for him, words can't describe. W 

Highlighted

Hi wonky, I’m so sorry to read your post. I really hope your little cat pulls through. I don’t have any animals myself but I can imagine the comfort you’ve had over the last few months. He’s in the best place and hopefully he’ll start to improve soon. Sending you a big hug xx 

@Wonky wrote:

Pets plant paw prints on your heart. 

Wonky - my heart goes out to you utterly.

I know it isn't the same but I hope that if I tell you my cat had something similar last Christmas and although we very nearly lost him, he pulled through, that might give you an extra boost of hope.

Highlighted

Thanks Shi. I hate not being able to give him, what he gave me. He is all alone and despite him shaking with fear, was still giving me purrs. Cancer was a breeze in comparison to the last two days. Can only pray. This cat snuggled into me so tight every night, it was almost as though he was trying to suck the cancer out of my body. 

And maybe he did, and it's killing him now. Sorry, this is extreme post; but the tears are rolling down my face at the thought of an innocent animal suffering. God bless all pets! X 

Highlighted

Hi Wonky

i so feel for you ! I have a cat myself and she has been a bit more affectionate in the last weeks! I really hope your little 🐈🐈 gets better in no time !!

lots of hugs and ❤️❤️❤️
aurore 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Wonky 🐾🐾 think a lot of us have had our pets 🐾🐾❤️❤️ Through this. You are doing all you can for him ❤️❤️ They know you love them and you have him out of any pain and are giving him the best chance ❤️❤️ See what tomorrow bring keep positive 🙏🙏💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

Pet Lovers.

Ladies, for those who 'get this' thank you. For those that don't, I understand.

I have just been through a horrible 6 months - BC! Throughout I had constant loyalty and comfort from my cat. They say animals sense things; this cat changed from being an Alpha Male mouser, to not leaving my side. The constant affection was incredible.

He was admitted to vets on Christmas Day morning, after I woke up to him howling with pain and unable to get upstairs. Vet says his bladder isn't working, he cannot pass urine from his body. Which is very serious. At least they have him under OBS and out of pain. They operate tomorrow. If I lose this cat, I honestly think the meltdown will be epic in proportion, given I'm only getting over the BC. He gave me his all for 6 months; I'm helpless to repay him and can do nothing but sit tight, hoping and praying for him. Not the 'move forward' Christmas I envisaged. 

I don't give a hoot about Christmas being cancelled, or the vets bill; I just can't get my head around the injustice of the situation. Thank you for reading from a (very wonky) Wonky. 

Pets plant paw prints on your heart.