Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Tamoxifen - possible problem.

7 REPLIES 7
Evie-S
Community Champion

Re: Post Tamoxifen - possible problem.

Hi Munchkin - I think my results were within 2 weeks but maybe quicker. Hugs to you as you go through this. xx

Munchkin

That's great news Heather!😊 glad all is well. I have my scan on the 10th July, how quick did u get results?Xx

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi Heather - I'm so pleased to hear you have nothing to worry about, thanks for coming back and letting us know. It's a good lesson to us all to get odd things checked out quickly.

All the best to you. xx

HeatherLou

Hi All - went to have womb scan and there is nothing to worry about at all....Just shows how we are fast tracked just in case and I am forever grateful for that.  It appears that I have ovarian cysts - which I have had before I had breast cancer....He wants to see me in three months to look at the cysts again and then decide what he wants to do.

Big lesson for me is to go to the GP when any spotting occurs - I had not appreciated the link with Tamoxifen.

Best regards to you all....

I do love this site and the expertise we all bring.

xxxxxxxx

Evie-S
Community Champion

Heather - thank you for that lovely reply. I'll be thinking of you next week and hope you get the reassurance you are looking for. If you are happy to share, do come back on and let us know how you get on. I'm very happy to chat more if you'd like to or to give you a virtual hand hold as you go through next week.

Evie xx

HeatherLou

Evie - thank you so much for your response....I feel so well but got a in a bit of a pickle yesterday...I was on Tamoxifen for 5 years but have been off it for a few years so maybe the link is not there....I am trying to keep my feet on the floor and be sensible....I also know from experience that the unknown is the worst place to be and once the tests are complete and I know what I am facing, I will be up for the fight.  I had forgotten just how supportive this website is - and responses are always from someone who has been through the same. 

Tests next week and I will feel better after that.

Again, thanks for your much appreciated post.

Love Heather xx

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi HeatherLou

First of all a big hug coming your way.

I started Tamoxifen last June and I was experiencing spotting, so in January this year I too was sent for a priority appointment so I totally understand your worries and fears. Yes Tamoxifen does have a slightly increased risk for womb cancer, and that will be why they are fast tracking you plus what you have already been through.

Thankfully mine was ok, just some slight changes that they said would be expected with Tamoxifen. They also told me that loads of ladies have random bleeding/spotting and often that just can't be explained. Maybe with our hormones all over the place weird things just keep happening!

I'm happy to chat more or give reassurance about the procedures you may have. How long have you been on Tamoxifen?

Evie xx

HeatherLou

Post Tamoxifen - possible problem.

I am slightly concerned as I am being sent for a priority appointment to 'exclude cancer' in the womb.  On undertaking a bit of research, I gather that Tamoxifen may give an increased risk but I was totally unaware of this...Has anyone else encountered post-Tamoxifen problems or any problems with slight spotting.  Am worried as thought I was in the clear.....Thanks for reading...