Sadness and new anxiety

I’ve been motoring along just nicely, 6 years on from surgery and treatment. Last week I learned that a lovely lady who had given me loads of support when I was going through it all had died.  We celebrated when she reached her 5 years and discussed her ongoing treatment with Tamoxifen being increased from 5 to 10 years. She moved to another branch to work closer to home about 18 months ago. It seems the cancer came back and she deteriorated very quickly. I am absolutely shocked to the core. Her death has affected me more than I can say. All of a sudden, the boundaries are blurred again and everything seems uncertain. I reached 5 years a year ago and now feel very insecure again while feeling awful for her family after all that hope has been dashed.

Hi Pog

I read your post and wanted to give you a massive hug. I’m so sorry to read the news about your friend and can really understand how the news has shocked and upset you. Our journeys are up and down at the best of times. I am searching for some wise words to try to help, but not coming up with anything this evening. But maybe you need someone to listen rather than advise and so I want you to know that you are not alone with your feelings and that I’m happy to listen and chat on here or private message if that would help.

Hugs, Evie xx

Hi, feeling a great deal of sadness and anxiety too. Searching for comfort, thank you for your post. I suddenly feel less alone . I hope you are too after all these lovely replies. Such a hard time for you. My fears have been brought on by someone close’s good news. Oh the irony! Really did not expect that.  A virtual hug to you. x