363525posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Thoughts

You might want to reach out to the charity Maggies. They've been so, so wonderful in terms of support, during and after. After my second diagnosis, I did a course called 'Where Now?' which was all about dealing with life after the medical side had stopped - a time when it's so easy to feel adrift.

I believe they're doing a lot of support online at the moment, worth a look.

Hi, one charity that has been super helpful for me through all these years is Breast Cancer Haven. I used to do the classes / counselling in the Leeds centre, but now everything moved online to zoom: there's a monthly group for "end of treatment support", I attended for the first time last week, and it was great (as my counsellor has had to cancel a couple of times due to personal issues and I was missing the support...).

It showed me I'm definitely not alone with my issues. It was a small group, I think 7 ladies plus the moderator, who's also a lady who's had breast cancer.

Hi ladies

I don't really have anything to add than to say I think it's "normal".  I am not quite two years post diagnosis, and I have good and bad days.  But like ScarletBea I switch sides if there are cancer ads on TV, and feel I just can't deal with that.  I even stopped coming here for a very long time, because I couldn't even cope with that.  I am having a bit of a downer recently and feeling  anxious.  Where I live there is no ongoing support from BCNs, and I am completely in the hands of my GP, who isn't really "open for business" at the moment, and I don't really feel gets the emotional impact of BC at all.

So - no help from me, other than to say I am in a similar boat and it's good to know I am not alone...

Thanks for sharing I'm waiting on a book after breast cancer hoping that helps a little I think this side isn't spoken enough about 

I also had mine in 2016, and I'm in a sort of similar place.

When I had it, during the treatment, the year after that, I couldn't read enough about breast cancer. I went through all the books in the library, memoirs, tips and tricks, this forum... Now, I simply can't hear about it. Any mention of cancer (for example on TV) leaves me feeling nervous and anxious, and I really don't understand why - it's something I'm still working through...

I didn't have the usual check-up this year due to covid (they only gave me a mammogram) and although that was back in May, I'm always wondering if the nurse would have found something on the treated side - I needed that support and confirmation...

I only came here to the forum today to complain about tamoxifen, they changed my brand again and now I'm just feeling really down.

Anyway, I think all these feelings are perfectly normal, but knowing that doesn't really help in dealing with them 😕

Yes coming up to my second mammogram after surgery Jan 2019  and can feel the stress increasing doubt it ever goes fully away . 

Thoughts

2016 I went through breast cancer 12 months of treatment now 2020 and it scares the daylights out of me is this normal??