Unexpected anxiety

I am 5yrs on from my treatment.  Double mastectomy, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.   I actually was more upset about losing my hair than anything else.  In short.  2013 diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.  After a procedure in the hospital that went wrong I ended up with a stoma.  2015 BC diagnosis.  2016 started anastrozole.  Early 2018 my dad passed away, 4 months later my dog died, in November I had my whole colon removed.  2019 the onset of seriously bad menopause, which resulted in me leaving my job.  Started new one symptoms got worse. Had break from Anastrozole then back on it.  Again symptoms got worse and had a mental breakdown.  I was so scared I called Samaritans.  Got a therapist which I pay for and just carried on.  All this time I realised the hospital has never kept checks on me for the UC or the BC.  I feel I have been just left to struggle.  I managed to see an on oncologist in September who gave me another break.  I asked for bloods and Thyroid test which they did.  I asked for a bone density test which is due December. If I hadn’t asked not a thing would have been done.  Last two weeks I’m mentally exhausted and now fixating on every lump, ache, cough is a problem.  5yrs I’ve been OK and now I can’t cope.  I have now started exemestane and in full blown panic.  I take deep breaths to make sure I can breathe.  Oh my god I’m desperate.  Wish I could have a full MOT to check I’m OK. 

Hi @Muddypaws   - Heck girl,  have you been through the mill!!!  I’m soo sorry you’ve had all these problems and felt you’d been somewhat “abandoned” following your UC and BC.

Are you still seeing your private therapist?? If so, what is she/he doing for you? And have they recommended any antidepressant meds??

And with ref to your exemestane, have you been back in touch with your Onco team to tell them of the problems you’re having with exemestane meds to see if they can suggest anything? Rather than struggling on as you are.

Hope you can get some relief with/from something that helps calm you down. Have you ever tried or thought about trying Hypnotherapy for your anxiety? It can often achieve more rapid results than conventional “talk” therapies (conscious), it acting directly on your subconsciousness. May be well worth a try. Make sure they are well qualified. You can access Council of Hypnotherapy membes listings on-line to find one near you.

Lots of love to you,  Delly xx