cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected anxiety

4 REPLIES 4
delly

Re: Unexpected anxiety

Well done and Phew on all your efforts and walking 😊. Is the difficulty getting Psychologist appointments down to all the Co-vid pressure on?

I hope the Acupuncture (could be a very good move) and extra VitD all help towards giving you a lift and feeling more UP and you can get a therapist appointment soon.

Sending you love and strength to keep battling, girl.  Delly  x❤️

Muddypaws

Hi

I have been busy.  I called my GP and got nowhere with results for bloods.  I then called Oncology yesterday and spoke to a BCN and she went through results for bloods and Thyroid.  All good apart From Vitamin D is low.  So will sort that out.  Will need a spray for under the tongue as I don't absorb nutrients due to stoma.  Yesterday I felt so tired and fatigued I took dog for a walk determined to get 10,000 steps on which I did.  Last few days minimal sleep.  This morning awake at 04.10am.  Up at 5am.  Walking dog at 6am.  Went to an acupuncture clinic in the vain hope she can make me feel human.

I called Bupa and allowed X number of psychology sessions.  Out of 8, 2 got back to me no free slots.  3 got back to me with slots so booked one.  Next day they said no can do and the others had filled up their appointments.  3 am waiting for responses not holding up much hope. 

I'm in work today, finish at 3.30pm get home take dog out. 

Exemestame is kicking in, fatigue and broken sleep. 

delly

Hi @Muddypaws 

How are you doing?  Have you yet managed to sort anything that may help? Been in touch with your therapist or Onco team/BCN? See if they can offer you some help. Adjust your meds if that may be exacerbating things for you, or offer you some counselling?

In the meantime, here's a cheerful instant sunshine flower.  Lots of love,  Delly x❤️x

delly_0-1636457610235.jpeg

delly

Hi @Muddypaws  - Heck girl,  have you been through the mill!!!  I'm soo sorry you've had all these problems and felt you'd been somewhat "abandoned" following your UC and BC.

Are you still seeing your private therapist?? If so, what is she/he doing for you? And have they recommended any antidepressant meds??

And with ref to your exemestane, have you been back in touch with your Onco team to tell them of the problems you're having with exemestane meds to see if they can suggest anything? Rather than struggling on as you are.

Hope you can get some relief with/from something that helps calm you down. Have you ever tried or thought about trying Hypnotherapy for your anxiety? It can often achieve more rapid results than conventional "talk" therapies (conscious), it acting directly on your subconsciousness. May be well worth a try. Make sure they are well qualified. You can access Council of Hypnotherapy membes listings on-line to find one near you.

Lots of love to you,  Delly x❤️x

Muddypaws

Unexpected anxiety

I am 5yrs on from my treatment.  Double mastectomy, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.   I actually was more upset about losing my hair than anything else.  In short.  2013 diagnosed with ulcerative colitis.  After a procedure in the hospital that went wrong I ended up with a stoma.  2015 BC diagnosis.  2016 started anastrozole.  Early 2018 my dad passed away, 4 months later my dog died, in November I had my whole colon removed.  2019 the onset of seriously bad menopause, which resulted in me leaving my job.  Started new one symptoms got worse. Had break from Anastrozole then back on it.  Again symptoms got worse and had a mental breakdown.  I was so scared I called Samaritans.  Got a therapist which I pay for and just carried on.  All this time I realised the hospital has never kept checks on me for the UC or the BC.  I feel I have been just left to struggle.  I managed to see an on oncologist in September who gave me another break.  I asked for bloods and Thyroid test which they did.  I asked for a bone density test which is due December. If I hadn't asked not a thing would have been done.  Last two weeks I'm mentally exhausted and now fixating on every lump, ache, cough is a problem.  5yrs I've been OK and now I can't cope.  I have now started exemestane and in full blown panic.  I take deep breaths to make sure I can breathe.  Oh my god I'm desperate.  Wish I could have a full MOT to check I'm OK.