cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very anxious worried about the future

13 REPLIES 13
angibobs

Re: Very anxious worried about the future

Phew! Arthritis in my spine and degeneeragive disc disease, oh, and a rapped nerve somewhere but NO CANCER, what a relief. Thank you to you all for caring - and listening xxx

DeeJay

Hi, im with you on the anxious front, its only 12 months since my diagnosis and i worry every day about every ache and pain! I have recently had back pain which lasted for weeks and so i had a bone scan as id convinced myself that the cancer was back! It came back clear thankfully  but was told that the letrozole tablets will take its toll on my bones and muscles due to lack of oestrogen. I am the same though and my mind runs away  with dark thoughts, hopefully the scans etc will give you the all clear too! What i will say is that without knowing you have helped me too as i had 10 out of 30 positive nodes affected at diagnosis which is a constant worry but see you are 5 years clear with similar affected nodes and same her2- status so that gives me some positive thoufhts that i can get to the 5 year clear mark too! All the best for your results and hope the time to your results passes quickly as the waiting is awful, big hugs Deb x

delly

Angiebobs

Hope you get good favourable results today.

Do please come back with your results will you.

Dellypoos xxxx

angibobs

Thank you Delly, I have - my hubby 🙂 

Friday the nuclear bone scan

Next Thurs for results xxxx  thank you for caring xxx

delly

Oh, I'm glad to hear that. Listen me getting all rufty-tufty before!!

Have you got someone going with you, flower? Another set of ears, with you being rather worrying about it?

So your appointments are this Friday, thank goodness for you.

We'll all have our fingers crossed for you.

Lotsa love, Delly xxxxxx  

angibobs

Hello Delly, yes I already had appointments before posting. Nuclear bone scan on Friday, bloods and gp in the morning. See Oncology 7th Feb. It's hard doing the waiting, but support on here is brilliant thank you xxxx
delly

Angibobs - I say never mind getting yourself to your docs for stuff to make you sleep. Get there to get this diagnosed ASAP, get it diagnosed as to what it is so you're not worrying and thinking it's cancer related. It's only natural to, but as Helena says, there a big chance it's totally UNrelated. 

Hope you've got an apptmnt sorted by the time you see this.

My doc never needs reminding I've had BC, always takes it into consideration with anything other that's occurred (bless him). But some may forget, so give him a reminder that you have it as an extra concern.

For flips sake, do let us know how you go on, won't you darlin'

Loadsa love, Delly xxx

Rockstarchic

I am same as you 5 years Ned just had last yearly mammogram which was fine every ache is it cancer back so I get your worry . As said it probably is something other than what you think . I have just been to doctors about anxiety as it’s getting worse referred for counseling so I understand your worries if you need to talk you can message me x
Evie-S
Community Champion

I think it’s worse now than at diagnosis because we know all about it and the procedures etc - if you were like me it was all a bit of a blur at diagnosis and you were put on the treatment treadmill without any time to think or google.

Do visit your GP to get something to help you sleep - your GP may even be able to reassure you.

Please do continue to message me, on here or privately if you prefer, if that helps. I sooooo understand where you are coming from.

While I was having chemo a friend sent me a coaster with the following message from Winnie the Pooh “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think”.

Big hugs,

Evie xx

angibobs

Thank you Evie, so much. I am more scared now than when I was first diagnosed. My head just won't stop churning. It's worse at night. I may have to visit my GP and get something to help me to sleep. I really appreciate talking to you - I know you understand xxx

Evie-S
Community Champion

Angiebobs - a big supportive hug from me too. Anyone who has had BC will totally understand the fear you are going through. Every minute seems eternal. As Helena says, the pain could well be caused by all kinds of things, including horse riding but the mind goes into overdrive doesn’t it. When I have similar fears I have been told to treat myself to doing my favourite things, taking one day or even minute at a time and not looking ahead. It’s easier said than done of course.

Keep chatting on here if that helps.

Evie xx

angibobs

Thank you Helena, your kind words are appreciated. Angie xxx 

ladybowler
Community Champion

angiebobs

I just did not want to go past your post without saying that we are thinking about you and sending you positive vibes. 

I know it is small comfort but it is possible that it could be something to do with a disc problem.  A friend of mine, who has not had bc, has had similar pain to yourself, pins and needles etc in her legs and bottom.  She had a scan done a few weeks ago, it has turned out that she has a bulging disc.

Sending you hugs

Helena xx

angibobs

Very anxious worried about the future

I know I was lucky to get to 5 years NED last October. In 2013 I was diagnosed high risk for recurrence. 13/18 nodes positive. ER+ PR+ Her-. Grade 3, stage 3c.
I've had a brilliant 5 years doing stuff I never thought possible. But, suddenly I have a back problem and my mind is in turmoil. One minute I'm fine, almost accepting it, the next I'm petrified and want to run away!
Of course as soon as I got these symptoms I rang my BC team. They have organised bloods and a nuclear bone scan. But the waiting is awful. Another week until the scan, a further week for results is torture.
My spine feels tight. Pains in legs, tingling in buttocks. I am still active (I'm 57) but the pain is quite bad. I suppose all the horse riding isn't helping.
I feel let down. I've had yearly mammograms, but no blood tests. Why not? I've since learned that ladies with high risk are given ca125 blood tests to monitor markers. I'm now fearful that it's spread so far I'll be incapacitated. I worry for my family. Husband isn't in the best of health. How will he cope? I've done everything to try to keep healthy. Always take my meds, eat healthy, lost 4 stones! Don't smoke. So unfair ;-(