coonavurys and stress levels rising

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: coonavurys and stress levels rising

Hopefully the info will help calm your worries - its a strange time 😳

Highlighted

thank you, i believe i knew this but it just takes a few little innocent comments to set my gremlins off in overdrive!! I dont want to bother gp they have more than enough to deal with at this time, i think i just want some perspective to bring me back to normal (its a matter of whats in my head and i sometimes just need telling!)  Thank you for taking the time to reply  xx

Highlighted

Thank you xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Unless you have other health issues I don't think under the current advice you are any more at risk but you could speak to your breast  care team and or GP

?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Highlighted

coonavurys and stress levels rising

Hi all been a while since I posted anything but I would like to put a thought out of you don't mind.

I have recently had my 2 year follow up mammogram after a relatively minor (compared to some) DCIS op.  I was so anxious at the first one and made myself Ill with worry and stress however it was all ok thankfully as was the second follow up in February this year i tried very hard to keep a lid on my anxiety and thought I had managed fairly well.  I must add that I am well and did not have to have any follow up treatment after my op, everything healed no residual anything as far as I am aware.  Therefore i feel a bit of a fraud with my question given that so many of you have so much more to deal with.  I work as an admin in a care home and we have been told we are considered essential workers therefore cannot work from home.  I will add we do not have the virus in the home at present. My anxiety started rising after a well meaning colleague asked how I was and said "if course you have to be extra careful". It set me off thinking which is always a bad thing where this thing is concerned!  Stupid question but here it is am i considered more at risk (from coronavirus) because I am still in the follow up part of treatment?  I think I know the answer but my anxiety or stress levels are rising because of this virus and my own personal demons which I am clearly still dealing with, does this sound selfish I'm sorry if it does. Psychological i know but I have another 3 years of follow ups yet and am not taking anything for granted.  Thanks for reading xx