hugs, please?

Sorry, I’m just feeling sorry for myself and where better to reach out for a little support?

Background: spent 30 years fighting various cancers, had a mastectomy in January, and think it went about as well as it could have, and I’m not doing too badly liking the new perky look. I’m booked in for some lipofilling next month, although this has already been pushed back once and I wouldn’t be surprised if it is again - which is fine, it’s not important, although I would like it all to be over, I guess.

Yesterday was the 3rd of my 6, 6-monthly bisphosphonates adjuvant treatment. First one was awful, second not so bad, and this one seems to be going smoothly. I still had to try not to cry in the ward, though: it all just felt ‘too much’ all of a sudden. And on top of it all, my pre-bisphosph blood test showed low potassium, so they’ve sent me away with supplements. Sounds fine, but then it’s all “you must make a blood test tomorrow, the GP will fast track it” - and oh-oh, it’s like that, is it? I can’t cope with yet another issue, something awful going wrong. I mean, if I stop freaking out about worse case scenarios, I know I’d battle through it (whatever it is) like I always have, but I’m so tired of it all, y’know? Can I not just have five minutes of no health problems, PLEASE?!

So yeah. Just feeling a bit sorry for myself, so reaching out for some tea and sympathy please xx

image.jpg

Dear Bookish

the right place to come for support!

Can appreciate you feeling fed up.  Not sure what to say but sending you a big hug  

Dear @bookish , I am sending out loads of warm thoughts and positive energy your way, hoping today is better than yesterday, and the day after better still.

You’re a good space to find and receive support, and please remember our nursing team is here to chat things through, at your own pace, if you ever wished to pick up the phone and call us. We’re on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm). Our nurses are king, patient, and entirely non-judgmental, and anything people share is confidential.

Sending our love

Bernard

@bookish  - I’d also like to echo @Eglis  messages, you have indeed come to the right place. Sometimes it is all too much and we need a safe space to offload and get some hugs. Loads of hugs coming your way, and hoping the bloods don’t show anything that can’t be easily sorted. Can you have a really self indulgent afternoon just doing what you want with lots of treats? Evie xx

Hey Bookish

Helloooo my Darlin’ girl. Looong time, no squeeky. I’ve been off Forum for a while, so I’m reeeally sorry to hear how much you’re struggling - at the moment, that is. I’m not surprised you’ve had a a bit of a “crash” (lets call it “wobble”), given all you’ve been through. You’ve had a loooooong, hard slog of it, flower. Bound to wear your previous strength down. 

I’d just like to point any other people looking on here, to a post you made last month - just ONE example that shows that strength of yours, and   what an incredible positive support YOU have been, and are to so MANY others on the Forum. To me too, though not for my long since BC, more for my mental probs.      It’s a reminder for you too, and I’m hoping you get back UP there again SOON, gal. 

forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/Surgery/Double-mastectomy/m-p/1370291#M65324

Mmmm, Potassium - Soooo very important for your heart health. BANANAS!!! No, I wasn’t being rude or dismissive. Bananas being a common regular source of Potassium - You probably know that. Higher sources: Beetroots, Salmon, Prunes. Pumpkin Seeds high!! - I buy bags of them from Aldi. They’re quite nice to munch on their own or with nuts, or to put on your cereal/oats/muesli in the morning. I don’t have low Potassium, just like 'em. I snack on assorted nuts and seeds when my appetite’s low - give me an immediate energy boost.

Think you need a period of some “self cosseting”, some “recharging”.  What would or do you consider a real treat??

Sending you a SPESH looong, tight but gentle, very loving Delly hug, sweetiepie xx  :sparkling_heart: xx  

Dear Bookish,

Sometimes it feels too much because it is too much. A hug from me as well.

Take special care of yourself. Hope all our hugs are helping you.

Sandpiper

x