Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCIS / Cancer & Diep Flap

78 REPLIES 78
Highlighted

Re: DCIS / Cancer & Diep Flap

Hi Lovely!

Yes, we have done that this morning, as the hair was falling everywhere!  All good and feel better for doing it. 

Well done on the radio and the Tamoxifen!  You are doing brilliantly darling!  You've totally got this. 

We are pink warriors together with the rest of the wonderful ladies on this group!

Yes, resting up where I can, still working from home and home schooling the boys.  

Managing to rest and take things easy, have great support at home and close by with our family.  Hope you do too sweetie. 

Take good care and stay safe as always xxxx Love and hugs xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

Aww bless you I think the hair falling out is gonna be hard for you maybe take the plunge & get the clippers out.🥰You know this will grow back just as beautiful as it was your a super brave warrior be proud of yourself & like you said many pretty scarfs around & ive seen lady’s wearing amazing wigs you can be a different colour & style  each day.

remember you have so got this & will reach the top of the mountain soon.

i hope you’re not having the sickness too bad.

started radiotherapy Monday & so far so good just 10 more sessions to go.

tamoxifan I seem to have adapted to ok just a few night sweats here & there🙄

hoping you are getting lots of help & support & resting up as much as you can.

I’m behind you all the way 🌈🙏

keep safe & always positive 🙏

big hugs 🤗 Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

How are you?  Thanks for checking in 🙂  I am good thank you, just home from my second chemo.  Hair is falling out fast this week, but I have my scarves and a wig ready. 

Have you started radiotherapy yet?  How are you feeling on the Tamoxifen?

BIG HUGS xxx

Highlighted

How are you doing my lovely ? 
hope you’re ok keep positive 🙏🌈

enjoy the sunshine & lazy days in the garden.Xxx

Highlighted

Hey Nicky, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Hope the radio goes well. 

Yes, I've been in the garden enjoying the sunshine, it's been lovely!  Got next week off work, which is great, time with the boys 🙂 

Have a lovely weekend and take good care!

Best wishes, 

Angie XxX

Highlighted

Aww bless you Angie 🤗

sorry you felt a bit out of zinc I understand this chemo will not make you feel so human days after a session I guess this is why it’s spaced out 3 weekly.

well done you that’s one session completed your on the right road now to recovery & before you know it you will be ringing the bell 🛎.🤷‍♀️💗💗💗🌈🌈🌈🙏🙏🙏

I’m okay on the tablets so far no side effects but I guess it will take a while to kick in & I will be saying hello to menopause 🤷‍♀️

Radiotherapy starts 1st June I went for my little dot tattoos last week it was ok....

This sunshine is beautiful I’ve sat in the garden quite a bit I love listening to the birds.

hope you’re managing to get out & relax in the sun too. I’m back to work on the 2nd July Looking forward to returning but have to get used to the new normal.

look after yourself & take it easy you have got this 🙏🌈

big hugs 🤗 

Nicky Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

How are you? How are you feeling on the Tamoxifen?

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  My first chemo was on Friday afternoon and then I had the port fitted afterwards under local anaesthetic - a rather long and tiring day!

I felt Ok on Saturday, but Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I didn't feel too good - just generally out of sorts.  Today, feeling much better and feel like 'me' again, yay!  

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather, isn't it gorgeous? Certainly helps I must say. 

Sending love and hugs your way, thank you for checking in on me 

Angie XXX

Highlighted

Hi Angie

just a little note to say I was thinking of you yesterday & really hope you’re first Chemo wasn’t too harsh.

Rest up & stay positive & keep your lovely chin up you’ve so got this pink warrior 💗

Big hug 

Nicky 

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

So glad you are getting into the book, you seem head strong & positive, that is great & yes some relaxing oils & lots of stories to listen to on U tube with women going through chemo sharing tips.

Maggies is worth looking into after the COVID of course.

I’m on day 3 on Tamoxifen feel okay so far but I guess it will take a while to get in my system, so when you are ready for them I can give you tips.

hope you’re ok keep you lovely chin up.

big hugs 🤗 Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky!

Thanks for the tips, will def ask about the anti-sickness drugs.

Yes, treated myself to headscarves, they look nice, am pleased with them.  Have not heard of Maggie's, assume that will all be off until COVID has cleared..but it is worth bearing in mind for the future. 

I started my book last night, already really enjoying and finding it an easy read.  Have also linked up with a complimentary health expert and she has recommended some lovely oils for well-being / immunity boosting. 

I did not start my Tamoxifen yet...this will be after my chemo. So GOOD LUCK and hope it is OK and you do not feel any side effects from it. I am sure you will be fine.  Stay well and safe and be in touch sooN!

Much love xxx

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

I will be thinking of you a week Thursday, take your book & from what I saw in the infusion suite at Finchley the nurses are super caring, ask for the anti sick tablets if you feel a bit sick, my cousin is on chemo she says they work great.

Aww you got your head scarfs I was looking at them too encase I needed them & some lovely ones about buy a few lots of colour.

I don’t know if you have heard of Maggie’s they are situated at the royal free & do wonderful get together’s with people going through treatment & lots of Pilates, yoga , massages, makeup course ......it may be something  to help you on this journey.

Tamoxifen Will be swallowed 💊I will be a good girl 🤣

I imagine you have stopped yours for the moment, did you find them okay.

keep me posted on how you get on  positive thinking all the way dream of a wonderful holiday & well deserved treats for next year 🌈🙏💓

hugs 

Nicky Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

Thank you so much for your lovely message. 

I think I will start my chemo a week on Thursday, but TBC. Having blood tests / Echo and ECG this week.  

How did you feel after the injection?   Hope side effects of Tamoxifen not too bad for you lovely.

Ordered myself some headwear, so feel a bit better now I have a plan and will take my book with me too!

Thanks and sending hugs and positivity and light your way. 

ANGIE XXX

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

Good thing you asked for the test & odd why results were low on paper but test confirmed otherwise, I do hope you can start soon I was the same if it’s to be done let’s get on with it.

you are going to be amazing & will ring that bell & put all this behind you, take all the help going & make new friends on the way your not alone💓

pleased you ordered the book I read a book when I was first diagnosed it helps a bit.

I’m going to pop the first Tamoxifen tonight & will learn to ride with the side affects & I shall hopefully know Thursday when I start Radiotherapy like you I want done & put this chapter behind me.

This Lockdown has given me time to adjust & have time for me but I shall be looking forward to returning to work.

let me know when you get a start date I will be thinking of you all the way through this.

you got this my lovely 😊💓🌈🙏

big hugs 🤗 

Nicky Xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Shi, 

Thank you, have just amended my last post...so sorry, I actually didn't think (head a bit of a muddle). Please let me know if that is now ok? 

Angie X

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Angie ❤️ The threads are open to the world, please be careful how much information you give about yourself ❤️ Keep safe 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

Thank you so much for your message. 

Am so glad that your results came back from the Optima trial to show you did not need chemo - big yay!

Yes, you are absolutely right. I had gone back to work and we asked to have the test done and it was sent off.  All delayed due to COVID-19 and given I was such a 'low-risk' on paper...but when the results came back, they surprised everyone.....

I have got my head around things now, but me being me, just want to get on with it and get it out of the way, so that I can just move forward.  It's horrible hanging it over you.....!  Just want to get the first one under my belt.

Thanks for the book recommendation, I ordered it on Friday evening after reading your post and it has just arrived!  

I have a lovely breast cancer nurse called Sarah and she called me last week to go through a few details, which was good. 

I am going to have my treatment in Enfield. I think I will email the Oncologist's PA after this, to see if they have an update on when things might start, as it is no good me sitting here getting more anxious just waiting.

How do you feel after your first injection lovely?  Are you OK?

Hope you are feeling alright and still taking things easy / relaxing when you can. 

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, big hugs and good luck for the Tamoxifen starting tomorrow. 

Hugs, Angie XXXX

Highlighted

Shi, 

Thank you so much, that is very helpful and I will do that now. 

Best wishes, 

Angie X

Highlighted

I do activities in the morning and have a rest in the afternoon. The balance is just about right I think to getting back up to speed without overdoing things. One way for me to say thank you is making Scrubs for the NHS. Nothing too heavy just a couple a week. That and clapping on Thursday nights gives a good feeling of communities coming together 

Highlighted

Hi Ya 

Snap I had the same 10th Jan this year the pains blooming horrid I was happy when the healing got better. 
glad you are up & about I hear you about the boob thing 🤣 I feel ones firmer than the other now but I’m looking forward to September when I get the nipple 🙏

I hope you’re results are ok with the heaving bleeding fingers crossed for you🌈🙏

Wow you don’t need tamoxifen or chemo or radiotherapy 🤗 happy days then your ready to get on with life & cherish is & kiss bye to this horrid C word.

let us know how you do & keep safe & take things easy don’t over do it Xxx

Highlighted

Hi ya Angie

Always remember the words ... you got this 💪

As you know I was told Chemo too & so it was a tough pill to swallow over the last few weeks I was getting my head around starting it with many fears & one loosing my hair but came to the realisation that hey it’s gonna grow back & so many pretty scarfs around.

I’m extremely lucky I got that test done & results came back low risk I actually sobbed with joy.

if I remember correct you were done & gone back to work so did your oncologist put you forward for the test or did you go private I’m just thinking if you didn’t have the test you would of not known you was a high risk of it returning so it’s good you had it done.

I will definitely stay in touch & support you & always put posts up with questions on chemo on here this site has been a godsend to me when I’ve had wobbles.

A book I was recommended was called, Chemo & Tea you can buy this off amazon..... have a look.

hope you have a breast care nurse who helps you, mines called Eileen & how many times she’s had me sobbing on the phone I don’t know bless her even hearing her voice calmed me down, so please take all the help from your nurse.

I’m thinking if you start Chemo in a few weeks you are probably going to have this over a 6 month period or a little longer if it’s 3 weekly, do you know where you will have chemo? I was at the infusion suite at Finchley memorial hospital today having my first Zoladex injection ( hello menopause I guess soon ) but I was impressed how clean & caring the nurses are there & saw lots of ladies having chemo all talking & being positive warriors, I think this may be your nearest hospital so you never know I could see you there sometime as these injections are monthly & radiotherapy will be at Royal Free.

I would like to meet up as we planned when all is safe to do so & have that cuppa of course if you feel up to it.

Tamoxifen I’m starting this on Monday I will of course be a pro on giving you tips when you are ready to take.

keep strong 💪 stay positive & girl powers ok 👍 

Stay safe 🌈🙏

big hugs 🤗 
Nicky Xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Angie1973 please have a read on the chemo threads and join the one when you start ❤️ It will help 👭 because you all keep tight hold of each other and get each other through and lots of us who have done chemo pop on with tip and tricks that others have us through chemo that you will pass on to those that will follow. Get a note book if you’ve lots of questions you want to ask your team, I found writing things down and then their answers helped, also ask away on here ❤️ 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

I had my Mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction 10 March this year. I have to say everything is healing very well. I am up and about feeling positive. Was offered the oestrogen busting drugs but I take another drug that may have side effects and the consultant said it was not that imperative I take it. Luckily no chemo or radiotherapy. I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy last week due to heavy bleeding of fresh blood. That I find very worrying in addition to the recent breast cancer. I work on the premise that if they do not contact me sooner (rather than later) then things can’t be such bad news. I am also hoping for a rebalancing of my boobs, my. Ew one us such a lovely shape, I would like the other one done to match

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

Thanks for your message, really lovely to hear from you. I haven't managed to make any other 'friends' on here, so it's lovely to get your message, thank you. 

So pleased to hear that you do not have to do any chemo - brilliant news. Obviously very sorry about the injections and Tamoxifen.  I will be starting those at the end of my chemo I think, interested to hear how you  are finding them.  Also the radiotherapy, so are they doing none of that until it's safer to be out and about?

In terms of the chemo, I have to do 4 x cycles of EC with 3 weeks in between and then 12 cycles of a different chemo, once a week for 12 weeks.  Dreading it.   My Oncologist does not do the cold cap....so I am bracing myself...as the chemo types I am having, do mean hair loss.  Never mind, got to be done, so just need to stay posso and strong.   Should be starting in the next two weeks...waiting to hear. 

Stay well and stay safe and thanks again for staying in touch.

Angie X

Highlighted

Aww Angie

I am sorry to hear you need Chemo I thought you was all finished & been put on tamoxifen following the surgery.

Did you have the test private I know you was thinking of doing that, oh you poor thing you must feel so deflated again I’m sorry I haven’t been on here lately you can always add me on Facebook if you are on there we can inbox each other if you like. Nicky Hadjisergis 

what ever you have to do it’s going to be tough but you have so got this remember that ... girl powers.🌈🙏

As you know I am on the Optima trial I have had the results & it’s come back I’m not going to need chemo I start on Tamoxifen & have monthly injection starting today so I will say hello to menopause I guess 😉 & 15 rounds of radiotherapy which will be after all this Covid has buggered off.

have they explained how many rounds of chemo you need ? 
my cousin is going through it now she has told me that there are anti sickness drugs that really help & cold cap that will help you not to loose hair.

your gonna be on my mind now 😉

I’m gutted you got this result big massive hug to you Xxx

keep in touch 🌈🙏🤗🤗🤗🤗

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

How are you doing?

Did you have an appointment yesterday about your results?

I have been thinking about you. 

I had my test results today from my Oncotype DX and it shows that I am a high risk of the cancer to return and that I will need chemo, which it upsetting, but not much I can do about it, so trying to stay posso. I need to see my consultant next Thursday, as he will then have met with the Oncologists to discuss a plan going forward.  

I won't be having the chemo any time soon in this current climate, but I guess I will find out more next week. 

Update me when you can with your news. 

Much love xxx

Highlighted

I'm sure you've made the right decision and that your surgery isn't delayed for too long in this current situation.I was more fortunate than yourself in the Surgery I had to have so really can't comment any further.Do feel free to get in touch if you just need to chat,and take each step as it comes. For me the waiting was worst. Virtual hugs to you .

Highlighted

Hey, 

How are you doing?  Hope you managed to have a nice Easter break. 

Yes, it did come at a good time. TBH, I had only returned to work the week beforehand!  Then I was off with my stitch abscess and had to work from home...which is where I have been ever since, as that happened a week before they imposed the lockdown.  Good timing for sure. Gives you a chance to heal properly, physically and mentally. 

I have my results from another test this Friday, so my consultant will call me.....hopefully all okay, but will determine my treatment.

Take good care and stay safe xx

Highlighted

Hi Angie, they took me back to Theatre shortly after the initial op thinking the anastamosis had not taken. It has, skin was just a funny colour. Speak to PS Tuesday 14 April, can’t go in due to current pandemic. I too need  ‘rebalancing’ as my left breast is way larger and out of shape. I am pleased with size and shape of my new breast. Will be so proud when I have two the same and can wear my clothes with pride. The seroma still leaks slowly and I still have the split up the front of my breast which makes me very nervous. I do not want it to split further will see what PS says Tuesday. How are you faring?  I think healing and getting back to any normality takes a long time this lockdown came at the right time don’t you think?

Highlighted

Hi there, 

Lovely to hear from you. 

Sorry to hear about the Seroma, when will you see your PS next?

I had my op on the 3rd February, same as you on the right side, full mastectomy with diep flap reconstruction. I had to have a second op the next day, as the blood was not flowing correctly the first time around.  I also had an stitch abscess in my stomach wound a few weeks post op. Now, I am healing well and back to 'normal'.  

My new breast is good, feels nice and soft, but it is about half the size of my left one..so I will need to do some corrective surgery, as it looks really unbalanced.....how are yours in terms of size comparison?

Glad you are taking it easy and just doing bits and then resting, it is the best way. 

Take good care, thanks for getting in touch. 

Angie X

Highlighted

Hello, I had a full right side mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction 10 March 2020. I am 4 weeks post op, up and about almost regained ability to do most household chores. Have to rest frequently each day so I do not over do things. The site of the DIEP flap healed quickly post op. I am having some problems with seroma in my breast which is lessening as time passes. My plastic surgeon made a 1 cm hole to allow any fluid to drain out. This split further up my breast and I am at a crossroads waiting to hear what next step is. The upside is I have a really lovely new shaped breast and the option to have the other one operated on to match.

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

Hope you are doing okay, it was good to hear from you. 

Sorry to hear that you may have to do chemo lovely - so you will find out on the 14th?  Where do you go for all of your appointments, is it the Royal Free?  

How are you feeling about the virus / isolation etc?

It is all ok home schooling the boys, has it moments!!!! Am drinking wine in the evenings to get me through!!!

Think definitely good that you don't pay for the test, when you will have the Optima one done and it is a good way to see it, what will be, will be.  I understand how having the chemo would make you feel, but if they say it is what is needed, I guess it is the best way to prevent and  keep you cancer free.  You can do it lovely, you are a strong woman and you have your loving family to support you through it.  

Please let me know how you get on and what happens next, am thinking of you and sending you lots of positive vibes. 

Have a relaxing weekend. 

Take care, 

Angie XXXX

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

Good to hear from you it’s all a worrying time in the world right now isn’t it.

Isolation with young children is tough & I hope you’re boys are now enjoying mummy being teacher too 🤔

Have a much rewarding glass of wine some evenings😘

I signed up for the trial last week & now it’s waiting time to if I was one of the lucky ones as not everyone gets on it’s all done on a score base & unfortunately I will never know if I was chosen.

I am not sure if I told you that my oncologist suggested Chemo 😢 due to it spreading to 3 lymph nodes, this has been booked for me to start on 17.04.20 but will be cancelled if the trial says I will be ok on the hormone tablets.

its all rather hard explaining it but basically if I go to my next appointment on 14th April & am told it’s 100% chemo I will not know if it was the trial that determined that or it was just a case I did not get on the trial.

I did toy with the idea of looking for a private test but then thought what if I waste 3000 & still need chemo so I made the choice of what will be will be.

I also fear what if cells got loose & I would hate that my being a scaredy-cat over chemo inflicted cancer starting elsewhere.

Im okay though funny enough calm right now! 
This isolation is frustrating as I have been at home 3 months just as I was due to return to work this virus started & my boss said no & I should stay at home.

Hey ho I’ve kept busy lots of rather organised cupboards 🤣 move over Mrs Hinch huh.

Also I have watched a few good Dramas, Penance was good & i am watching The Nest & Belgravia , the Liar ..... my husband doesn’t get the tv controls much 🤷‍♀️

Anyway keep safe Angie & strong hope you’re feeling ok.

Big hugs 

Nicky Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

Just checking in to see how you are as we had not 'spoken' recently. 

Work has been busy this week with juggling actual work and home schooling!  All okay and calmer today because it a non work day for me. 

Is there any news with the Optima test results yet and how are you feeling post surgery?

Big HUGS to you xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

Hope you are ok and having a nice, relaxing weekend. 

How are you feeling in yourself and how are you post surgery?

My tummy is less itchy, it is still healing, but so much better than it was!  I was able to drive again from Friday, was so nice being back in the car! Only did local journeys, but it was good I must say.  Desperate to get back to the gym, I usually do Spin and Kettlebells, but I think the Kettlebells will have to wait for a while and I will do gentle spins to ease myself back into things accordingly!

So the test I am having done is the Oncotype DX test.....I have not heard of the Optima one, but it sounds similar (having just googled it). 

So let me know how it goes with your Oncologist on Thursday, good to write down the questions, as I always find that once I get there, it all goes out of my head. 

Stay strong and well!

Big hugs xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Angie

I am okay & slept like a baby, thank you.

Itching tummy is good it’s healing I know it’s drives you nuts I found dabbing a heap of cream on and leaving it to soak in helps.

Working from home is best & more so due to your body has been through a lot the last thing you need & as someone at your works tested positive your best off out of there.

All this panic buying has been crazy with nothing left on the shelves, have you got a little stash of pasta 🤷‍♀️ but at the same time it’s scary I think it’s not going to be long before schools are closed.

Have you researched this test I know you mentioned it in a previous message was it the Optima test ? This is what they have sent mine off for I can only pray it comes back I don’t need chemo. To be honest I don’t know much about it, yesterday at the hospital it goes in one ear out the other, I was a bit stressed about it being found in 2.

I am seeing the oncologist next Thursday so will have questions written down in preparation.

Defiantly make a coffee date as soon as all this Coronavirus has buggered off.

Have a lovely weekend my plan is to have a chilled one.

I must cherish the time off I’m back at work soon.
Hugs 

Nicky Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

How are you feeling about things today?  Did you manage to see OK?

The test is good lovely, it will show whether you actually need it or not and gives a very definite result.  I am also having the test done, as a matter of precaution. 

Yes, once this Corona stuff has blown over (!!!!) then we should set a date to meet up.  What do you think about it all by the way???

The office I work in has closed overnight, due to someone being diagnosed with the virus!!! Nightmare, very scary...so it's work from home for me for the next week or so. 

Tummy is getting better thank you, the itching was driving me mad yesterday!  But that has eased off a bit today. 

Sending hugs and best wishes to you always xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

I am okay it’s been a long day.

shame it wasn’t Zero findings but it is what it is & I will keep as positive as I can waiting for this to return from the USA.

Then I will be passed over to an oncologist fingers crossed I can skip the chemo treatment, the consultant said today that this test will determine if I need it rather than it just be given to me so this was positive.

Back to the waiting game again I will keep busy & think happy thoughts.

Of course I’d love to meet up with you for a coffee it would be nice to have a natter us warriors need to stick together.

As for the husband he got away with cooking tonight as I did go for a late lunch with my daughter so I was a bit stuffed😋

pj’s and tv tucked in bed is all I need now.

hope your tummy is ok.

thank you for thinking of me today & all your lovely words of encouragement.... Big hugs 🤗 Xxx Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

I have been thinking about you all day, thank you so much for messaging me and keeping me updated. 

2 out of 20 is very positive my darling, obviously we would rather it was 0, but 2 is low and that is good and staying at Grade 2 is also good.  Let's hope that the test shows that it is just radio for you. 

Hope you manage to have a relaxing evening and your husband can look after you. 

I was thinking we should try to meet up at some point in the future (if you're up for it and I hope that does not make me sound like a stalker!!).

Anyway, see how things go, take it easy and well done for getting through today.  I know it is hard, but try to focus on the positives. 

BIG HUGS to you and STAY STRONG LOVELY LADY.  WE ARE WARRIORS and WE CAN DO THIS xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

An update on my appointment is 

So they removed 20 lymph nodes & 2 are positive 😒
Optima trial testing in the USA will be receiving the 2 lymph nodes for testing to determine what behaviour the cells are so if they are a high risk it will determine I do need chemo but if I am a low risk then I will not need it I will have daily radiotherapy for 3 weeks.
It’s not the news I wanted today but like the consultant said only 2 out of the 20 are positive & if it was 3 or more he would have put me up a stage, so I am still stage 2 .....
Fingers crossed these results return I’m a low risk I will find out in 4/6 weeks Xx

Highlighted

Aww thanks Angie lovely words I know I will keep telling myself I’ve got this tomorrow morning 🤗💓

I am glad you got to work from home remotely that’s great maybe you could do for a bit ....

Look after that tummy I actually remember chatting to a lady in the waiting room at Royal free this happened to her tummy too I’m sure it will clear up. Great plastic surgeons team there & a fabulous nurse called Rebecca Canny you may see her too aww she is sooo lovely 😊 

you enjoy that vino have one for me. 
I await that 3rd series 😉 

we have sky & Stranger is not on this yet but I definitely will watch it somehow.

I am off to bed need to zone out with a bit of tv in bed , today had been a bit fuzzy it’s the day before results day I guess 🙄

Fingers crossed 💓❤️
I will be in touch Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

My surgeon said that sometimes the skin can reject a stitch and kick it out, so that's what happened and then it caused a bit of an eruption!!!! So I am taking it easy, worked from home again today (very nice, could get used to this!!). 

Just about to put the boys to bed soon, then it's a glass of wine for me and some telly to chill to!

Will be thinking about you tomorrow, please let me know how you get on, sending ALL positive vibes and a MASSIVE hug to you. 

Glad you enjoyed The Split, but yes, OMG wasn't the last episode sad - wahhhh!!!!!! Am sure they will do a third series.  

Have you seen 'The Stranger'? That is SUPER!  One to binge watch 🙂 

GOOD LUCK, try to chill tonight and get some rest. 

Speak to you soon - you have GOT THIS xxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

Oh no you poor thing that sounds sore & yep yuk did they say what caused it ?

Lol on the forever taking clothes off I’ve lost count of the times the tops off & your sitting there butt naked practically it takes a while to get used too 😂

Oh wow The Split how I have loved this thanks for the tip omg they have to do a 3rd series for sure I was sad when I watch the final episode this morning.

I am back to work next week so kind of making the most of some lazy me time it will be weird getting dressed up for work I’ve lived in PJ’s & Lounge wear for a few months🤷‍♀️

I hope you’re taking it easy try not to get the tummy wet , stick to sink sponge washes & I hope this heals soon. 

yep tomorrow is results I’m a bit anxious to be fair I will let you know how I get on - meanwhile I’m going to make a nice cuppa & find something else to watch🙄

thanks for your positive vibes much appreciated big hug 🤗 

Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

How are you lovely?

What time is your appointment on the 12th and is it at the Royal Free?

Glad all healing well, that is good news. Yes, it's weird when you touch your boob or tummy and they feel numb!!!

Sorry I have not been in touch the past few days. I had a bit of an issue with my tummy scar, it started feeling a bit weird from Friday evening.  Went to see my consultant this morning and I had a stitch abscess! YUK!  They had to drain it to get it all out, clean it and re-dress it!  double YUK!  So very painful indeed and I am now working from home today. 

There is always something. Feel like I am always taking my clothes off 😉

Hope you enjoy The Split, I loved it!!!! Sad it is over, but there is scope for a 3rd!

Sending hugs and let me know about the 12th - I am thinking about you and sending ALL positive vibes. 

XXXXX

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

Everything went well with boob & tummy Check , they do not need to see me for 6 months now I guess this is to have a discussion about a new nipple, my tummy & boob are still numb it’s feels strange especially washing in shower I have got used to it now & they say the full feeling may never return.

As for the naughty treats I too have indulged hey ho we deserve a few chocs after all we have been through🤷‍♀️ Must be careful not to ruin our new tums🙄

Oh no the dentist let’s hope it’s just a check up & no fillings.

lovely sunny day today I may go for a stroll. I made contact with work yesterday & plan to return on 17th I feel ready & like you I’m at a desk & will go at my own pace and work around any further treatment required.

I’m sure I will have good support & lots of cups of tea made for me & served with biscuits 😂 

Great your okay on the trains & finding a seat. Hope you have a relaxing weekend & I may start watching the Split later I need to watch first series though first.

I have Liar on record the first series of this was great.

I’m gonna miss all this sofa time I get ha ha.

Take care keep up being kind to you.

catch up soon Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky,

How are you feeling today lovely?  And how did you get on yesterday?  All okay with your healing?  My tummy still feels numb in places...feels weird around my belly button too!

Yes, had lots of cuppas and coffee breaks and the girls were so kind to me, it was lovely. Ate a lot of chocolates ha ha!  Filling up my new tummy with things that I shouldn't be!!!

I got a seat on the trains, which was good. 

washing hair, that IS a mission! OMG! Makes you feel good when you've done it though. 

I also watched Whitehouse Farm, enjoyed it. Just finished watching the second series of The Split, have you seen it?? So good. 

Anyway, hope you feel OK today, am off to the dentist now, arrghhh, more flipping pain!!!

Take care and speak soon xxx

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

Aww bless you brave lady going back to work your so strong please allow time for quiet breaks during your work day.( nice hot cuppa)

Tummy takes a good few weeks to heal I’ve got used to wearing big Bridget Jones knickers ever since the operation I find them comforting & protective to my scar & loose clothing.

I guess you sitting back at your desk is not so comfortable as sitting on the sofa at home, take a nice cushion into work it may help.

How are you finding the trains I do hope you find a seat on your journeys.

I was lazy I did not go out for a walk that day 🤦‍♀️ I sat watching the drama series whitehouse farm.

Today I have Hosptial only to check the healing of tummy & boob and then to pop into breast clinic for my nurse to look at the slight swelling underneath my arm from lymph node operation.

Still sore and not comfortable to move hey ho I’m managing with using my right arm doing little things.

washing my hair this morning was a mission though 😂 

Anyway I best get a wiggle on I’ve a few bits of washing etc to do.

look after you & I will let you know what is said on results day next week my fingers & toes are crossed positive vibes too.

big hug 🤗 

Nicky 😘 xx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

Sorry for the delay, busy couple of days at work!  All okay though, tired and my tummy felt a bit sore, but think from being in a different position all day. 

How are you feeling?  You did well doing a roast on Sunday, how was your walk and film on Monday? What did you watch?

Good luck with your appointment today, let me know how it goes when you can, hope it is all healing well lovely. Take GOOD care and speak soon xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

Thank you for your words of encouragement it helps me through & yes my armpit feels so sore & swollen hope this heals soon.

Good idea to ease yourself back in to work, mind yourself on the trains with the crowds etc.

Feeling motivation today I am going for a nice walk soon & then an afternoon watching a film as yesterday was lovely but busy I enjoyed being back in the kitchen making a roast.

I will keep you posted on my results day & good luck with your boob healing it takes a while mine still feels really numb I’m off for an appointment with plastic surgeons on Wednesday just a follow up to check boob & tummy healing.

big hug to you strong Lady 💓💪Xxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky, 

So lovely to hear from you and please do not apologise for how you are feeling at all - it is natural and I would be exactly the same.  I think you are doing brilliantly.  I found the lymph node removal so painful, it's an awkward area to be in isn't it.  Sending you so much positivity and gentle hugs right now!

I hope you have a lovely day with your family. We are also having family over for a roast a little later today, so I need to get my act together!!! 

I am not on the Tamoxifen yet, he wants my boob to heal a little more first!

Am back to work tomorrow, but only for the Monday and the Tuesday, so I am easing myself back into things!  

Let me know how you are feeling, take it easy lovely and be kind to yourself.  It's a lot that you are going through. I know how it can be with waiting.  Try to keep busy with films and books.

Sending a big big hug and lots of love to you xxx

Highlighted

Hi Angie 

sorry my reply is late I’ve had a few wobble days & I know it’s because I am anxious of lymph node results which I get on the 12th March I wish it was sooner.

Thank you for sharing your story I am also of the opinion that as I had the mastectomy with immediate reconstruction that I would not have to have any treatment other than tamoxifen but as the cancer was found in the gateway lymph I am now unsure.

I shall do whatever I need to do but really pray it’s just tamoxifen 🙏

I would like the test I did speak to my cancer nurse & will raise this with my consultant I know it’s rather expensive on a private basis I know a company called Myogenes based in borehamwood do this test I actually know the lady her name is Clare if you get a chance google & take a look see what you think I am like you for peace of mind would like to know what are the chances of it returning.

So regarding my last op I am still in pain & unable to raise my arm but it’s only been a week I am getting impatient I guess as I really hope to return to work in a couple of weeks.

How are you doing I hope you’re feeling fabulous & not found going back to work to difficult.

Have you started the Tamoxifen? Any side effects they say it’s like menopausal symptoms I guess us ladies have to go through one day & I am sure I will be approaching this soon being 49 years old.

its a small price to pay for being cancer free I guess we have to learn to ride with it.

My family are over for dinner today so I best go & prepare I hope you are having a lovely Sunday.

Thank you for your lovely message & kind words of support I really do appreciate it & promise to get my positive face back on & stop feeling low.

keep up your super powers healing you are amazing 😉 

big hugs 

Nicky Xx 🤗💪💓