73.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCIS - changes to follow-up because of C-19?

1 REPLY 1
Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: DCIS - changes to follow-up because of C-19?

Chase up your mammo, I think there is backlog all over because of Covid but that’s no excuse, chase up with your breast unit and your phone consultation 👍 don’t be fobbed off and if not forthcoming then ask about private mammo. Also use the the number on here to seek nurses guidance what should be happening with your follow up 👍💕💕Shi xx

Marty101

DCIS - changes to follow-up because of C-19?

Hello there, I hope everyone is doing ok and I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience. I am due for my one-year follow up after DCIS diagnosis & surgery. I thought I would get an annual mammogram at the time of my appointment with the surgeon. I have received an appointment for a phone consultation next month but no mammogram. I phoned the centre and was just told I need to discuss this with the surgeon and tell him if I think I need a mammogram?! Surely the mammogram should be done before the consultation and that's what would have happened before C-19? Does anyone else have experiences or concerns about changes to follow up procedures. Thank you.