I’ve just come back from seeing my surgeon. I asked about a double mastectomy and two implants so boobs would match. He says the NHS won’t pay for this kind of surgery, especially as I have one healthy breast. Interested to hear if other surgeons are willing to do it.
Have you decided? I wanted a bilateral even though there is no sign of Dcis on my other breast.
It is totally your choice, but my surgeon called to talk to me twice to make sure that is something I want 100%. “You can always go back and remove the other side anytime, but once removed you can’t reverse. If you are not 100 sure then do one side first”. I have changed my mind and decided to go right MX. I’m scheduled for 6/17. You never know if how you will feel. I wouldn’t want anyone to go through multiple surgeries but if you can preserve your breast, it may help bringing normalcy back quickly.
Hello hon sorry to hear this I was diagnosed also with the same thing had a mastectomy no calcification in the other but choose to keep the other breast. I have a expander in having it enlarged every three weeks with saline until im at the size I want then I will have a permanent implant and have the other reduced good luck 😉
I was diagnosed on Wednesday with low grade non invasive DCIS. I am told that because of where it is and the amount of the breast I would have to loose, a mastectomy is the best way forward. This calcification has not so far been found in the other breast. Am I being stupid to wonder about a double? Really scared and confused. Never had a general anesethic and everyone else in my family have extreme sickness afterwards. Operation booked for 7/6, but told this is due to NICE targets rather than any urgency.