cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCIS

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: your Post. .Re: DCIS

Hi I had surgery was dcis last year and then 4 weeks of radiotherapy. The radiotherapy was completely fine for

me i didn’t have any side effects apart from some redness to my breast skin for which I applied aveeno cream day and night. I only got symptoms of radiotherapy afterwards and this was pain and burning in the breast and I still get these symptoms even now. Sharp stabbing pains etc but I’ve been told this is normal. Hope it all goes well for you . 

Highlighted

I can honestly say that people who have been through and are going through the same thing have a great understanding and empathy and appreciate the anxiety and fear of the unknown.  Please do keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on.  After your oncologist appointment let me know when your next appointment is.  This will be for a CT scan for your radiotherapy sessions.  Stay safe and enjoy the lovely Easter weather xx

Highlighted

Thanks so much for all your info.. I will certainly make sure I have E45 to use. Stay safe and well and Happy Easter to you and your family. If ok with you I would like to keep in touch, you've helped me so much x

Highlighted

Glad to hear that your surgery went well and keep doing all the exercises as they really do make a difference.  My oncologist appointment was straightforward and one of the radiographers was present.  I then had a separate meeting with the radiographer to go through the paperwork.  I had a call about a week later and was booked in for radiotherapy the following week.   I was nervous about my first session but all the staff were amazing as you say.  I was given my own tunic to keep for the 15 sessions and it felt great to give it back.  I was advised to start using E45 cream prior to the first session and i applied this to my breast, shoulder, back and underarm and I was very lucky that i had no side effects, apart from fatigue oh and a smelly armpit as no deodorant is allowed 😁.   After each session I immediately applied the cream.  Hope this gives you a little bit of comfort.  

Highlighted

your Post. .Re: DCIS

Thanks so much for . I had Surgery on 11th March 20 and am now feeling more like myself. The Surgeon and Breast Care nurses and Radiographers have all been amazing. With the Virus situation I am now waiting for a Telephone Consultation on 24th April with an Oncologist with a view to Radiotherapy treatment .How was this for you and once again my thanks for responding to my post.

Highlighted

Re: DCIS

Hi Canarynut

I was diagnosed with DCIS last August and had surgery at the end of September.  Also had radiotherapy for three weeks and now back at work part-time.   If you would like to chat I am here for you.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Canarynut 

This is the DCIS/LCIS Topic. https://forum.breastcancernow.org/t5/DCIS-LCIS/bd-p/4431

To post, click 'New Post' on the top right of the Topic page.

You can reply to other users's posts by clicking 'reply' under their posts.

Best wishes, 
Shareena
Social Media Officer

Highlighted

How do I post ?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Canarynut,

Thank you for your post.

We're sorry to see that you have been diagnosed with DCIS. We want you to know that we are here for you. If you want to speak to someone who understands, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our clinical nurse on freephone 0808 800 6000. They are available between 9am - 4pm on Mondays - Fridays and 9am - 1pm on Saturdays. Alternatively, you can post in the Ask Our Nurses section of Forum, where someone will get back to you.

You can post your message onto DCIS/LCIS board where other people can read it and share their experience with you.

Sending you our warmest wishes,

Zoe

Highlighted

DCIS

Hi I have been diagnosed with the above and will be having Surgery in 10 days time. I would be interested to chat with someone who has experienced this.