First mammogram to mastectomy in 6 weeks

Hi All,

My first post. In short, the day before my father died I was told I needed a mastectomy as I had a 7.5cm patch of DCIS in my right breast. The biopsy results suggested the lymph nodes were clear and it was intermediate grade. I had the mastectomy on Wednesday and feel OK. However, in the last hour having a mild panic that they’ll examine the breast tissue and find something worse. Now head flooded with thoughts of radiotherapy, chemotherapy and tamoxifen. Any replies welcome. X

I can understand why you might be feeling like this. You have had a lot to process and deal with in a short space of time. Have a gentle hug from me.

I found a lump last July and a biopsy found an area of DCIS. At first there was talk of a wide local excision, but further investigations found another area immediately behind my nipple. I had a mastectomy in August. There was no lymph node involvement, and no further treatment needed. I hope you have the same outcome.

When do you hear from your surgeon about the pathology results?

Dear Lexcraib,

So sad to hear what you are going through, the loss of your dear father my condolences to you and your family, then to find breast cancer what a dreadful time you are having, however so pleased you have come to this site, everyone is so caring, and understanding  having had breast cancer twice, know how you are feeling, 

Take one day at a time, so much to take on board, make notes, asked as many questions as you need to. Will be thinking of you and wishing you well.

Big hugs brave lady Tili :rainbow: