Is this real?

My name is Rachel and I am 25 years old. My mother beat ductal breast cancer in 2019. Dealing with that was very difficult to handle because I didn’t know what to say. Then I began to have breast pain in January 2020 and I knew I had dense breast but they have been monitoring it and they said I was fine. Well at my last appointment on March 13 I begged my doctor to do a Mammogram because I just knew something was wrong with my body. I got the results back and I was told I have to have 2 biopsies completed on March 17. I was so nervous to get these biopsies but I knew I needed to follow through with it. On March 19th I got the news I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. My heart dropped instantly and I didn’t know what was going on. I blanked and didn’t know what to say. First thing running through my head was “why me?” How much more do I have to go through before I can show you God that I’m strong. I went through an emotional/physical abusive relationship and I finally got the strength to the leave the relationship and follow through with the divorce in 2018 after 7 years. I am so scared but I don’t know what to say or do. I am so used to being everybody’s back bone now I know I will need them to be my backbone. I’m doing my best to stay strong and not think negative but I find myself thinking all negative things. I keep wondering I’m only 25 years old… is my life over now?

Hi @rmarie1394  thank you for your post. 

We’re very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Please know that our Breast Care Nurses are here to support you. If you have any questions or just want to talk things through, you can get in touch via the free Helpline on 0808 800 6000.

Alternatively you can ask one of our experts in the Ask Our Nurses area of the Forum and they can respond to you online.

We hope you find the Forum useful during this time, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you need to. 

Best wishes,
Shareena 
Social Media Officer 

Hi, 

I’m in a similar situation, I got diagnosed at the start of March 2020. I had two very bad miscarriages last year and the feeling of ‘why me’ is sometimes overwhelming. I’m not really sure there is anything that helps for people to say but what I’m constantly telling myself is ‘I will get through this, because I have to’. Really what is the other choice? You can’t give up. Have a few proper crying sessions now and again and then try and be strong and don’t bottle it up. Don’t push those close to you away and take help where you can get it. Thinking of you. x