Sentinal Node Biopsy

Hi

I was diagnosed with intermediate grade DCIS about 6 weeks ago and I am having a mastectomy with LD flap reconstruction on 20th August.  I had a sentinal node biopsy 10 days ago and it is more painful now than it was 2-3 days after the surgery.  I had my dressing taken off last week by a BCN and she said it all looked fine.

I just wondered if this was normal and whether anybody else has had the same experience?

Linda

Hi Linda,

I had an SNB in late June and it was just fine, bit sore and uncomfortable for a few days then ok, just the old dull ache now and again. I’d suggest you give your BCN a call tomorrow or pop in and see her if you can for her opinion but as it’s been described to me by my BCN and thers, it’s the little knitters inside putting things back together! Of course I’m not medically qualified so just giving my experience so please check with your BCN.

Incidentally I’m in the same position as you, had SNB as mentioned above and going in for a mastectomy with LD flap reconstruction on Thursday 16th, high grade DCIS (5cm).

Good luck, keep calm and take care.

Jane

x

Dear Linda

I’m going through the same now.

Did the pain improve, how long did it take and are you fine now?

I hope your doing well?

Best Regards

Judith