332999posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to start chemo

5 REPLIES 5

Re: About to start chemo

Thats the way....  a positive and strong approach...well done 💖i found the surgery doable and have also had 15 radiotherapies which again i tolerated well.

onwards n upwards.   Mini mad x

Thank u mini mad for your tips. It’s nice to know others have been through this and have survived the ordeal. 
I’m going to take it 1 session at a time, think that’s the only way.. think chemo will be the worst bit. X

HiCarolyn99

i have now finished all my treatment, mastectomy in April then 12 weeks of chemo.

i was Triple Negative so different from you and your course of treatment.

all i will say is drink loadssss of fluids,  i felt so poorly for 3 days due to dehydration.

thought i was having enough liquids but wasnt.  Aim for at least 2 1/2 litres daily.

you can include cups of tea n coffee ( i measured everything to reach my daily amount )

kept 500 ml bottles of water/squash in fridge.  Even milk in your cereal, and  fruit such as melon/pineapple and also ice lollies...  anything liquidy !!!

another tip is to take your temperature EVERY MORNING ,  this way you can see what is ' normal ' for you, and you'll know if you get a temperature.

I didnt cold cap as i get headaches so was advised by my chemo dr not to try it.

i lost patches all over but still had my ' bob length ' hair nbetween so i cut it into a short style.   Its been 3 months since my final chemo n now have a good short covering of hair all over n eyebrows n lashes are almost as before.

good luck for nxt Tuesday,  take one session at a time and you should tell your chemo nurses if you have any problems.   You will have different pre-meds before to sort out if any, side effects.

mini mad xx 💖💖

Thank you for your response.. I will try it then and keep my fingers (abs everything else crossed)

did you have the same chemo? 

Cold cap worked for me this seems to be the standard line from BCN nurses I suspect it is well intentioned but I kept most of my hair no bald patches it just thinned . Good luck 

About to start chemo

Hello

have just joined this fab group.

i start my first chemo next tues (a week today)

am very nervous about it all.

was diagnosed last month with IDC, her2 neg, grade 2, tumour 5cm with 1 lymph node involvement. and have had all my scans. Met the oncologist yesterday. 

im starting chemo first to hopefully shrink tumour prior to surgery. 🤞

im starting fec-t.

any advice would be very welcome, also wondering if it’s worth trying the cold cap as have been told by my BCn that it is unlikely to work? 
carolyn.