332999posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ER/HER2 positive invasive ductal?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: ER/HER2 positive invasive ductal?

At the moment she is going ahead with partial but I have given permission to take the whole breast if necessary at the time. Massive thing I no but for my peace of mind I think it's the best thing.

X

So sorry to read that Nicky I can understand your feelings about mastectomy it's such a huge decision to make but thankfully Nicky it hasn't spread what did the consultant say did he leave it up to you or have you decided to have partial love Judi xxxxxx

Hi Judy

Today wasnt a great day,it was good news and bad news,

Good news is it hasnt spread into my lymph node but it has spread more into my breast so got to go back on Tuesday for surgery to remove more of my breast.

I think I may be wishing they just take the hole breast.

Hi Nicky

Hope you are doing o.k. just a quick message as I know you are going for results tomorrow let me know how you get on.

Lots of love Judi xxxx

I will do.

I'm in Leicester, I came to Scarborough 2 years ago,stayed at the royal for a 1940's dinner dance.

Had a good time. Thanks Judi for all your help, I shall certainly keep in touch.

Love Nicky

Let me know how you get on Nicky which part of the country are you from I'm in scarborough always here for a chat if you need me love Judi xxx

I never felt a lump but just had that feeling that something was wrong, I could feel a golf ball in my breast, thank god I acted on it.

Was referred and they found the cancer deep inside.

Its reasurring to hear you are 5 years down the line cancer free, that's brilliant news.

I just need to get my next appointment out the way to get on with which ever treatment is needed.

Hi Nicky I felt exactly the same when I found out it wouldn't sink in for a while I found out from a routine mammogram thank God for mammograms!! I felt I was dreaming and I was going to wake up at some point and that's all it was but hey I've just had my fifth year clear mammogram and feel fine I do get the odd aches and pains with the letrozole but it's manageable don't ever be afraid to ask questions nicky my breast care nurse is brilliant and I ring her when I don't think somethings right I had a year of herceptin the chemo differs to each individual but usually four sessions every three weeks gives you time to recover inbetween but you won't know Nicky until your results come through so very early days yet I had surgery on 23 December 2014 my wedding anniversary!!!!  love Judi xxxxx

Hi Judy,

I am still going through the I cant believe this is happening to me stage.

I asked my surgeon/consultant about having both and she said that she would probably do chemo but would make that decision when I go back on December 4th for the results of the lymph node checks.

Did you have chemo for a year? How did that affect you, to be honest it really scares me.

This is so good to be able to talk to someone. Dont get me wrong I have a great support network of family but i feel very alone.

@ollisj6 wrote:

Hi Nicky I was diagnosed five years ago I had lobular/ductal grade 2 er and her2 positive I had chemo and herceptin for a year which is an injection every three weeks plus I had radiotherapy for three weeks after my chemo but inbetween my herceptin because I was also er positive I am currently on letrozole if you are younger and not gone through the menopause then they usually give tamoxifen hope this helps sending you a gentle hug if there is anything else I can help you with don't hesitate this forum is brilliant I don't know what I would have done without it at times. Love Judi xxxxxxx

Hi Nicky I was diagnosed five years ago I had lobular/ductal grade 2 er and her2 positive I had chemo and herceptin for a year which is an injection every three weeks plus I had radiotherapy for three weeks after my chemo but inbetween my herceptin because I was also er positive I am currently on letrozole if you are younger and not gone through the menopause then they usually give tamoxifen hope this helps sending you a gentle hug if there is anything else I can help you with don't hesitate this forum is brilliant I don't know what I would have done without it at times. Love Judi xxxxxxx

ER/HER2 positive invasive ductal?

Hi all

I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago with Grade 2 Invasive Ductal breast cancer and also ER and HER2 positive 

Has anyone got any experience with this?

I had surgery last week and feeling very sore, I'm awaiting results from the lymph node they removed in a couple weeks 

I've read that if you have ER and HER2 then you need chemo not just radiotherapy? 

If anyone that has had/got the same could discuss with me what treatment they had etc? 

Thank you xx