328003posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling emotional

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Feeling emotional

Mel, your journey will have the same outcome. I’m a big believer in asking the universe to help me, and the universe has been helping. You will be fine. 🙌🙌🙌👼

Hi

Its so lovely to hear these positive stories and delighted to hear your treatment has finished and you have returned to work😊. I really hope that my journey will have the same outcome.

Mel x

Hi Mel

I know how you feel, I was Diagnosed last May, finished all my active treatment in March 19, and now I’m back to work. I never thought this day would come. However it did, and you will feel the same, and giving wise words on to the next lady, eco needs to hear them. 

Sending you healing 🙌🙌🙌🙌

Community Champion

Lucie

Just to add to Janie's positive post.  I was diagnosed in sept 2016 finished active treatment in Jan 2017, have just had my 2nd annual mammo and all clear. When I think back to that day I could not imagine seeing another autumn let alone be two and a half years post diagnosis. Life has  got back to normal but I have a different perspective on life and don't stress/worry about the unimportant things, I am back to playing bowls gardening etc all the lively important things in my life.

Sending you hugs, this is the worst time waiting for your treatment plan but once that isc in place it dies get easier, just deal with things in small milestones that will get you through xxx

Hi Janie, 

thats so reassuring to read. I feel exactly how you describe when you were first diagnosed. This week has been so emotional but I can't pinpoint why exactly. At the min I can't imagine life being normal ever again, let alone looking forward to planning new things. Reading your reply gives my hope, thank you xx 

Highlighted

Hi Melanie,

As someone who was diagnosed almost a year ago, I just wanted to reassure you that the emotions do improve! When I was first diagnosed I had all the terrible emotions- shock, disbelief, grief , anger. I felt I would never feel relaxed about my life again, that I could never plan anything, that I wouldn't see my children marry. But, I have now completed most of my treatment ( four more Herceptin injections to go, and a reconstruction at the end of the year).

However, I am back at work, I feel full of energy and I really feel so positive, like I have been given a second chance at life! I have made a conscious effort to think, there is nothing I can do, other than continue to live reasonably healthily ( as I did before), try not to ' sweat the small stuff'. I expect when I have my mammogram next month I will feel a bit anxious til I get the results, but then, if all clear, I intend to enjoy the next year, and embrace life!

I never thought I would feel this peace again. So please take heart from this. I am sure it will be the same for you.

Best wishes

Jane xx

Thank you ladies 😘.

The emotional part is the worst. I feel I can deal with the op, radio and even chemo. Is definitely the uncertainty of what the future holds - all I want to do is get back to normal.

Anyway as you say sun is shining so heading out for some lunch.

Hugs x

Hello Mel,

I am in a similar emotional state, I had an awful day yesterday but today not so bad.  It really is one of those times where no-one really understands until they have been faced with this scariest of monsters isn't it. After two surgeries over the last two months I was relieved to discover I didn't need a mastectomy, and now whilst I await a meeting to decide chemo vs. radio I feel my support group around me have almost disappeared, it's like they too are relieved and they are thinking "it's only three weeks of radio and it's all over; business as usual". But the emotions!  No-one gets the emotions!  the fear, the dread, the uncertainty for years ahead, the positive days and the negative days.  Thank goodness for forums, and we are all in it together, go with it Mel, tomorrow you may feel less battered.  Sending love. x

aww Mel it’s perfectly normal. I was diagnosed end of feb and although I have mostly positive days there are odd days I feel emotional, angry and bloody frustrated. The waiting is torture but I’m looking forward to a positive outcome and you will too. The suns coming out this weekend and I’m going to enjoy it. Big hugs , stay strong , tomorrow’s another day 💕💕

Feeling emotional

Hi

So just over a week since being diagnosed with grade 2 IDC and feeling reasonably positive, I have woken up today feeling really anxious and emotional. I was initially elated that I’m HER2 negative and won’t need treatment for that. I feel everything is still up in the air as It is still unclear if I may need chemo. What a rollercoaster this cancer ride is - I wish I could get off by can’t. 

I will pick up again but have posted because I know you lovely ladies will understand and relate to the emotions. 

Mel x