16 REPLIES 16

Re: Just been diagnosed

Oh and btw...massive respect to your gran, what a fabulous lady😍💃❤xx

😁❤..I remember Mr Ben, my fave tv show as a kid! Thanks Shi...you're fabulous 😘

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Sara, you need to focus on you and do everything your own way. Think we’ve all had the head on one side and the putting looks from some people, just say don’t look at me like that I am still me and I am going to be ok. They are either with you all the way fully supportive or they can bob off, you need to look after yourself. You will also have the beam me up scotty ‘friends’ who vanish, you get odd text like on a monthly reminder to ‘check how you are’ but other than that zip. It’s ok some people just don’t know how to take the news or what to say, it’s fine. Once treatments done with they re-appear like the flipping shop keeper from mr Ben. If you are not old enough to remember google it 😁 glad your brother is doing well and you have him to speak to ❤️ And we all have my grans target to aim for, she lived another 51 years after bc diagnosis at 44, so lot to aim for 😘💕💕✨✨Shi xx

🤣❤...just replied to Shi saying how fabulous your username story is! Very true about being afraid of your body, it feels like a complete loss of control and I just want to get some control back. I was talking to my brother today, he was diagnosed with Myeloma cancer 10 yrs ago and the prognosis wasn't great, yet here he is 10yrs later, he's well and is living life to the full. He totally understands when I tell him how I feel. The one thing he told me.that has stuck with me is how his how he enjoys everything in his life so much more than he did before the diagnosis...I will keep that in mind on my dark days😘❤xxx

😂😂...love the story of how you and Mai7 came up with your usernames! Thanks Shi, another day nearly done...it sounds like such a cliche when people say "one day at a time" but it is SO true. I had my MRI yesterday to see if there is anything in my right boob, I think after the news I had on Monday nothing could be worse but I want to prepare myself....so hard not to keep thinking about worse case scenario and yet so bloody unhelpful!! I'm also finding it really hard to deal with other people's responses when I tell them, I know they come with the best intentions but they get it so wrong sometimes! X❤

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Oooo mai, I got a bleep 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 for a naughty word, Sara the bleep word was 💩

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sara, just take it one day at a time as mai7 says. So glad you are finding help and support from the Breast Cancer Now forum and valuable other options it provides. Mai had me 😂🤣🤣🤣just now, I still remember the conversation about my forum name, we were going through them and when we said shiitake, mai had me 😂🤣😂🤣 she said oh it could shorten to **bleep** 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 we settled on Shi 👍🤣🤣🤣🤣 although I was 💩 myself, went off to la la land and 💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻 Through it with the amazing beautiful people on these threads who 👭👭are always here with ❤️ And kindness and just the right understanding of how you might be feeling ❤️💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Hi Sara (Divadelph) it’s strange how we “look forward” to starting treatment. I think we suddenly become very scared of our own bodies and want something to be done.  Definitely a control thing. You’re going to be up and down for some time and you can still get through it on the bad days as well as the good days.  I had some pyjama days whilst on chemo but managed to do something.  Some days our little achievements are our big achievements.  Be kind to yourself.  I hope the MRI went ok. I’m Nikki btw.  I just had a giggle to myself when I remembered why I called myself Mai.  It was after I’d read about the anti-cancer effects of the Maitake mushroom 🍄 and my buddy Shi then called herself Shi after the Shiitake mushroom! 😂  Xxx

Thanks ShiHeart I already feel overwhelmed by the amount of support and care I have been shown! I have a call with a lady from the "someone like me" programme this morning....looking forward to meeting a new friendSmiley Happy The nurses from the helpline have been totally amazing. A lady called Eve talked me out of bed on Tuesday morningSmiley Happy I just didn't feel there was anything worth getting up for. She helped me make a plan for the day just to get me through it and by Wed morning I felt able to go back to work. I just have to keep reminding myself to take one step at a time. x

Thanks Mai, I know this sounds weird but I am actually rather looking forward to getting treatment planSmiley Happy...I think it will make me feel more in control! I am learning (rather slowly) to try and take one day at a time and to deal with each thing as it comes rather than jumping ahead and wanting answers for everything. MRI tonight so fingers crossed they won't find anything in my right breast but if they do I now know I have the strength to deal with it. X

Name is Sara btw. x

Community Champion

Divadelph, we’ve all been forced to be more wonderful than we wanted to be! 😂. Glad you’re feeling a bit better.  Pop back on here if you need to chat.  Once you have your treatment plan in place you might want to chat with others going through the same on the “going through treatment” threads on this forum. X

Hi Mai7

Yes that explains exactly how I feel! I've been a total mess over the last couple of days but thanks to the patience and advice from the breast care nurses I have been able to get a bit more perspective, they are truly wonderful❤. I am so pleased to hear you are doing well, I think the one big positive thing that will come out of this is meeting so many positive, fabulous women😘. 

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Sara ❤️ Glad the ask the nurse facility has been helpful for you. Hi mai7 😘 Sara, mai7 is an amazing lady who I luckily met on my first chemo and her last 😘😘she took me under her wing and then her and May17 ladies and july17 ladies took care of me and the crazy gang on oct17 thread 😁 you will never be alone on here, everyone is alway here 👭👭 ❤️ It made my journey one filled with love, kindness and lots of laughter, know that sounds strange but there were daily 😂🤣😂🤣 which combat the 😳😲😳💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Community Champion

Hi Divadelph,  it really rains on your parade when you get diagnosed with breast cancer and the waiting for scans is a tough time.  I know from experience that your mind spirals off all over the place but it sounds as if yours has been caught early.  I had stage 3b locally advanced including lymph nodes in March 2017 and still here and doing very well.  Sending hugs. X

Thank you Shi:heart and yes I am old enough to remember the Genaration Game....I always wanted that cuddly toy:smileyvery-happy. I will try out the "someone like me" option. I took your advice and called the helpline, the nurse I spoke to was really amazing and helped to give me some perspective on things. I think I will feel better when I know what my treatmnet plan is, I can deal with whatever comes....it's just the not knowing that is so hard, i know there are so many women out there that have been where I am now....sending out so much love to them.

Sara xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Sara, sorry you find yourself on here. Please use the ask the nurse facility on here and the someone like me option too. It is a bit like getting sucked through a vortex as all the tests and appointments come in, and it can feel like being on the conveyor belt on the generation game (if you are old enough to remember) and you are going wok, fondu set, cuddly toy, road map 🤪😳🤪😲😳😲🤪😳😲 I found getting notepad and writing down all the questions I wanted answers to helped focus my mind a bit. Your team are experts in all this and will know exactly what treatment plan to recommend to you and it’s your choice always as to what you agree to, always remember you have the final say and are in control of everything even though it feels like you are not. Hope this helps and do speak to your team if you need support, it’s their job and they will be more than happy to help you with everything 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Just been diagnosed

Hi there

This is my 1st time on here, I've just been diagnosed with Grade 1 breast cancer and I'm absolutely petrified. They have foud 3 small tumours, they haven't seen anything untoward in the lymph nodes but I'm having an MRI of Friday just to be sure. I'm not particularly scared about the information I've been given so far, I can handle the thought of a mastectomey and whatever additional treatment they recommend, I'm just terrified that they are going to find something else in the MRI and that the news might actually be much worse...I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 10 days before I go back for further results.....any advice/support very welcome!

Sara