333296posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Community Champion

Re: Just diagnosed and wanting to talk to people who understand

Scary how quick they grow up ,but always your children even when married men!!!
Community Champion

Thanks Jill, I'm sure I will! 🍸🍸🍸 Yes tent purchased along with Fasinator 👰🏼 4 weeks today my first born will be a married man.... How the hell did that happen!!?? 😬😬😬

Community Champion

Have a good weekend Jo, did you mange to buy a tent you like??
Community Champion

Re: Just got a diagnosis

Hi Sandra, I was diagnosed in March and know all to well the shock you are in at the minute but me and many others have come through this and are out the other side and you will be too,  your breast cancer nurse should have an idea from biopsy results what grade it is although they can't say for certain until after lumpectomy and node biopsy but they will talk through it all again with you , did you have anyone with you? My husband was my ears at every appointment as I found it all so difficult to take in at first, now I feel like I could lecture on the subject!! Please try not to panic , I know it seems a stupid thing to say but things are not as awful as you no doubt fear, BC is very treatable and 5 months on from diagnosis I'm through treatment and life is back to normal 😊 Xxx Jo 

Community Champion

Ladies I am off to spend the weekend with my daughter in law to be on her Hen do 👰🏼I've had my hair dyed Ombré style today 💇🏼 gel nails booked in for the morning 💅🏼 the moral of this story...... there is life after Breast Cancer ....... Wooohoooo bring on the hangover!!!! 🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸😬😬

Community Champion

Fiona, the galaxy coated sprouts are vodka injected make sure your daughter has that info when she works on the cure...

Great news fiona x

Hi Sandra
sorry you had to join us here but we will all try to help you
my initial thoughts were to read as much as I could from the leaflets on this site. I also left the hospital armed with a load, it helped me to understand what the medical terms were and timescales involved. Once I knew more or less what I was facing I felt able to ask questions here and understand
bloody difficult Sandra, and along the way there might be curveballs but we can hold your hand all the way and you can do same for us once you get your head around it
if you want to send a private message you need to add a person as a friend
sheena

Great news Fiona Smiley Happy xx

Hello ladies

i am a newby here and have had the worst news today. I had screening in monday at which pint they immediately did biopsies in my lump in my boob and in my lymph. My results were in today and although  would haven over to haven even in th t5% benign I wasn't so lucky!

so here I am.......... 41 years old with a very young family and in the middle Of a house renovation and I have beast cancer. Cat scan in a week, MRI on the 25th and my meeting to plan treatment on the 27th

i am devastated

That's great news Fiona. You will soon be able to up this behind you xxxxxxxx
Community Champion

That's good Fiona,not a bad day then?Are you celebrating with your girls ?

Same as me Fiona...Great news! X

I got the best news possible today. Just the way I like my tea, just one lump. The other bit they biopsied last week apparently is nothing to worry about. I am booked to have a lumpectomy on 7 September and then after recovery I will have 15 days of radiotherapy.
Community Champion

Grade and size affect treatment plan as well , they should give you that information of you ask.Nurse told me at my appointment but zi specifically asked,she said some people don't want to be overwhelmed with information.
Community Champion

Your treatment sounds pretty standard.They give you radioactive injection day before or on morning of op so that the surgeon can pick out which of your lymph node the cancer is draining into,this number varies from person to person .They also inject blue dye sometimes to help surgeon identify the nodes (sentinel nodes) they remove and test those nodes to see if there are any cancer cells present if there are this informs what sort of treatment you have.Lumpectomy involves removing the tumour and an area around it,they try and get what they call clear margins ie an area around tumour that has no cancers cells in it to be sure it has all been removed.Radiotherapy is done 6 to 8 weeks after op when wounds have properly healed.
Community Champion

Sandra you haven't posted on the wrong thread don't worry!!!!It is impossible to take in all your are told when you are diagnosed, you are in shock and it all a blur and like a different language too !Lots of on here going through similar and inferring each other support.You are very welcome to join us.You get given the number of a named nurse who you can ring and ask questions about your treatment .

Sorry for posting in the wrong place, how do I move this to the correct thread?

Many thanks

Sandra

Community Champion

That's good news SB,I am dreading that moment when my son goes off to Uni,but I do also want him to spread his wings.He did well in his AS levels.

Brilliant well done x yes I dread my daughter going off to uni..will miss her terribly but we havve done a good job if we have given them wings to fly! X

Hi All well, we may have cancer but we have clever kids, daughter also into her first choice uni, sad for me though 😨 congratulations to them all,!
Highlighted

Hi Sandras0104

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I'm sure you'll find lots of support from other members on here.  I've attached a link to the thread which sarahd-1 mentioned:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Diagnosed-with-breast-cancer/Just-diagnosed-and-wanting-to-t...

It might also be helpful to phone our Helpline to talk things over.  They will be able to offer you information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Sorry the thread is just diagnosed and wanting to talk. Xxxxxx

Hi Sandra I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I know your mind must be racing. It's so much information to take in along with the shock of being told you have cancer. They seem to have a plan for you which is good. There is a thread on here called recently diagnosed the ladies on there are incredible and are in the same position as you I'm having different treatments but these ladies will be able to give you more information. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there on this forum as we are all here to help each other through. Hope this helps big hugs to you xxxxxxx

Just got a diagnosis

Hi all

Another newby. I was told yesterday that I have invasive duct cancer and as like many people on here I immediately shut down and just nodded like an idiot. I am trying to get some information from the BC nurse and wondered what I should be asking. I don't know size or grade. Is that important? They didn't give me a choice on treatment just a wide local excision and removal of sentinel nodes. He also mentioned something about having injections on day into breast in radiology which will leave temporary blue marks. Followed by 5 weeks of radiotherapy.

I'm now completely floored and wish I had asked for more information as feel completely unprepared for the next few weeks. I think it's the lack of sleep last night as well but I just can't stop thinking I need to know more do I can be strong for the coming months.

So any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. I have taken the day off work and am feeling pretty guilty. I haven't told my family yet either as I am worried about how they are going to react.

Thanks

Sandra

Jill, good luck to your son xx hope he gets the results he wants x

Good luck to him Jill x

That's great news Fiona congratulations very proud mum Smiley Happy good luck to your son Jill xxxxxxxx

Oh how proud you must be! Bless x

Hope your son does well Jill. I will tell her about the Galaxy covered sprouts so she has a starting point x

Fab news Fiona fingers crossed your daughter can work on our cure........,,,.. Galaxy, Brussels and vodka xxxx

Fantastic news about your daughters Fiona - congratulations to both of them. Hoping for more good news for you later today xx

Community Champion

That's news to cheer you up Fiona,they sound like very bright girls!!My son gets his AS results today,he is still asleep!!Asked not to be woken before 8.30 !!!I

Thanks all I will report back later.  Just need to share my proud mummy news - both my girls got their A-level grades needed to go to their first choice Unis today. Chemistry and Molecular Physics for one at Imperial College London and Biomed at Sheffield for the other one - she will discover a cure for Cancer, I am sure of it!

Jill is right august bank are a disappointment sorry to hear you have to have another op francine big hugs to you xxxxxxxx

Good luck ange x x

Thank you ladies. Couldn't do it without your supports. Good luck tomorrow Fiona xxx large vodka with twig let's being consumed as we speak xxx

Francine, again, massive big hug for you as well, it just never ends x
sheena x

Ange, massive big hugs, gosh your tougher than you know x
sheena x
Community Champion

Bank holidays are always wet and miserable , you won't be missing much Francine,hope they finally get rid this time eh .,,,

Ange, you need Galaxy , vodka and mini cheddars, set you up a treat for the op! A holiday is just what you need, lots of garlic grown on the Isle of Wight! Apparently you can have a tour round one of the farms. My Bank Holiday plans have been thwarted by another lumpectomy on 28th, my first one was on my birthday, my surgeon know how to set a date! Fiona, good luck for tomorrow. X Francine

Good luck Fiona.. will be thinking of you. x
Community Champion

Come back and let us know how you get on Fiona , make sure out ask them to explain anything you don't understand .

Good luck for tomorrow Fiona xxxxxxx

That's the spirit Ange, Good look with your operation and enjoy your holiday,. Love the isle of white hope weather is kind to you.xxx Sarah

Yes Jill, tomorrow appontment is 11.40, they changed it, it was 2pm

Community Champion

Fiona, do you get your results tomorrow ?

Sorry your news wasn't better Ange, but it is just another step to full recovery. Relax and look forward to enjoying your holiday x
Community Champion

Get op over ,enjoy holiday ,get on with next stage ,get rid of the bugger.... you need to eat lots of twiglets to keep your strength up and vodka to keep sterile...