Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to DCIS

8 REPLIES 8
Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: New to DCIS

Sunshine 😘😘also take some lip balm and handream if you have overnight stay it can get quite dry in there. Also take some antiseptic wipes Wilkos do a good little box (when I came round after op the anaesthetic made me 🤮) but the brilliant nurse who was with me stuck one under my nose and told me to sniff it up and it immediately stopped me being 🤮and I wasn’t again. Don’t be afraid to get second opinions, get a little notebook so you can keep track of everything you can write your questions and answers down so you can feel a bit more in control 😘😘 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

I agree.

The MRI detected these abnormalities which were then biopsied and confirmed as more cancer.

I will be have a mastectomy at the end of the month.

It is strange how it all works because when I returned back to have the further biopsies which were promted by the MRI I had to have another ultrasound, the radiologist who I believe to be a consultant said "he could see much".... It made me so confused as I'm thinking 'how can the  MRI shown EXTENSIVE ABNORMALITIES THROUGHT RIGHT BREAST yet hes telling me he cant see much'.

I absolutely agree that with all the good will in the world all things dont show up on scans but this absolutely causes reason for concern in my opinion.

How many people have been the all clear I wonder without having an MRI?? I accept MRIs are so costly to the NHS but saving lives surely weighs more 

X

I'm scheduled to have a CT scan on Monday to check health of my blood vessels in my stomach area as I'm likely to go for the DIEP option. I've has two c-sections so blood vessels may not be the best around that area so I'd have to go for another option in that case.

The idea is to operate end of April.

I'm so glad you forwarded me details on what clothing to take as this was another one of my concerns.

Feeling so anxious xx

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Sunshine 😘😘sorry the further biopsy’s have not given you better news. There are surgery threads on here and the someone like me service on here that could be of help and support if you want them. Do you have date for surgery yet? Sending ❤️❤️❤️Few tips, get short sleeve button front pj’s, dressing gown with pockets and an inner tie bit and a pair of flip flops 👭👭💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Hi

I don’t understand why we all don’t have MRI

if breast tissue dense, as mammograms apparently don’t pick up all abnormalities and dense breast tissue is sometimes hard to assess. I think in America they often have both. 

Hope all goes well for you x

Hi, 

The further biopsies were just awful.

I've since recieved my results and sadly these biopsies showed DCIS too.

Next stop......mastectomy 

Hello, it was the same for me. I had a lump which was biopsied as cancer and then they did an MRI scan and there was another area they were worried about, I then had another biopsy but that came back negative, I think sometimes breast tissue can be very dense and the MRI doesn't recognise if it's abnormal or not, so I wouldn't worry yet (although I feel for you having to go through 2 more biopsies!) Hope it all goes well xx

Community Champion

Hi Sunshine,

Others here have certainly had a similar experience.

I also had an mri, which didn't show up anything else, however, afterwards I was relieved it was done as I felt reassured that everything was done to get the best treatment plan for me. 

Although going through it is difficult, as it prolongs the uncertainty, it's far more important they get it right - that's what I told myself, anyway!

ann x

Highlighted

New to DCIS

Hi

I was recently diagnosed with DCIS - I was then sent for a MRI which has detected further abnormalities.

Ive been booked in on Thursday 28th March for two biopsies to determin whether or not these abnormalities are cancer too.

Has anyone else been in this situation where the MRI showed further abnormalities? 

Thanks