Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed with lobular breast cancer

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Recently diagnosed with lobular breast cancer

hope it all goes well

Second lot of biopsies came beck as cancer bit thankfully MRI didn’t show up anything else and area was measured at 1.6cm....lymph nodes still look clear. I’m booked for WLE and sentinel node biopsy on Nov 6th and then up to 5 weeks of radiotherapy. Chemo still a possibility but they haven’t fully decided yet. Feel like a weight has been lifted today and I’m ready to get on a deal with this thing!! Xx

good luck for Monday :-)

Good news in your CT scan. Not so good about your other breast, but at least you know exactly what your dealing with now and can move forward and get rid of it! Good luck with your surgery, will keep an eye out on here to see how you’re getting on😊. I’m still waiting !! Think the MDT meeting is today so hopefully have some answers on Monday 🤞 xx

CT clear :-) biopsy confirms cancer right breast. Going for right mastectomy with sentinel node biopsy and lext axillary clearance 8 Nov.

Still going to need chemo and radio afterwards - the timescale on this is getting longer and longer! Still, I'm just relieved CT was OK.

Highlighted

Hi. I've just posted my first post too. I had pains in back, ribs and leg. Totally agree waiting is never ending. I had gp confirm lump start September and have just had bone scans etc. Convinced myself it was in my bones and chest but it wasn't. Think now it was muscle tension and stress related.
Never thought I'd smile at being told they would do a mastectomy lol. Bring it on, this warrior is waiting.

Pastasmissus, good luck with your results tomorrow. I hope you get the answers you are waiting for. I’m still waiting, fingers crossed not much longer 🤞 xx
Community Champion

Hiyer Fiona,

Ah yes, the waiting starts you thinking....and 'imagining' and 'feeling' and 'connecting' things which would not usually even cause a flicker of concern. Those of us who have been there, where you are now, will recognise this state of fear and uncertainty that starts you thinking all sorts of things! Go with your teams' thoughts, and how unlikely they think things are to have progressed. You are waiting on a few things, unfortunately, and that waiting is the WORST. You are right, once you have a definitive set of results you can take stock and move forward with a plan in place. Move forward you shall....no matter what you are facing...and here's hoping that it is the least necessary in terms of treatment!

Charys x

I was told lobular cancer spreads really slowly. My tumour was 11cms and although in my lymph nodes there was no spread beyond that so I'd not be overly concerned.

Thank you ladies. Sorry to hear you now have it in the other breast must be frustrating that it was found after you’d already had surgery. I hope you get a clear plan of action when you go for your results on Thursday. I hopefully won’t be too far behind you 🤞 I’ve been so positive about everything from the start and have continued to work and go to all my exercise classes as usual but was hit with that time of the month this weekend and that seemed to knock me off the positive course. I’m trying to get back on track today as don’t want it waste valuable energy on things that I can’t control. It’s great to read so many kind and inspirational comments on here..thank you for your support ladies xx

Completely sympathise, the waiting is driving me crazy too! After my initial lump and mastectomy I was found to have lobular too, so had an MRI and CT. MRI showed 4cm lump in other breast (which no-one can feel) so had it biopsied. Go for the results Thursday, hopefully they will have the CT results as well. Fully expecting to need another mastectomy (my choice rather than WLE). Just want to get on with it! I find myself wanting to tell everybody to try and share the anxiety around.... am trying not to!

Community Champion

Hi Fiona,
Welcome anyway although you’d rather not be here of course.
Yes, you are right, it will feel better when the treatment plan is in place, this stage is difficult as uncertainty is hard to handle.
Try not to worry about aches & pains, it’s just the anxiety, we’ve all been there! It sounds like it’s been picked up early & it’s good the nodes look clear.
There’s no reason not to be positive about it as your team have said & thank goodness it can now be treated & sorted out for you.
ann x

Recently diagnosed with lobular breast cancer

Hello everyone, I have just recently been diagnosed with grade 2 invasive lobular breast cancer which is E+, Her2-. The lump itself measures only 1cm but I also have a dilated duct next to it that has also been biopsied but I have not yet received the results of. I had the 2nd lot of biopsies one week later as they hit an artery when they took my 1st ones and couldn’t proceed after that. I have also had an MRI scan a week ago tomorrow which I am also waiting results of. My ultrasound showed nothing in my lymph nodes or at least as far as they could see. I have been told it may be another week before I receive my other results but the waiting is driving me crazy! I also have a bit of a niggly hip this week which normally I would think nothing of as I do lots of running and exercise in a week and quite often have little niggles, but now I’m worrying about bone mets. They were all very positive at the hospital when I was given my diagnosis and didn’t give any indication that this might be the case but all the waiting gives your brain time to think about so many things. Hopefully I’ll get all my results soon and then can move forward with my surgery and treatment and feel like I’m taking back some sort of control. Xx