cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurrence in skin around breast!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Champion

Re: Recurrence in skin around breast!

Hi, I’m sorry you have had such poor care, and sad that you find yourself here. I’m part of a secondary BC group at a local Maggies Centre, here in the UK, and I know of only one person there who has skin cancer. From our discussions it appears that hers has been caught early and she has great hope of it being brought under control. It is, apparently , quite unsightly, and has affected her shoulders, neck and face quite rapidly. Saying that, it just looked to me as if she was a bit flushed! 😬

She has started her meds, and is doing well tolerating them. Wish I could remember what she’s on!! The chief Onco at my hospital did a drop in session to explain a bit more about it. Fairly rare for it to appear as secondaries, but this disease knows no boundaries, does it? Hoping your new Onco can provide you with superior care and attention. Best wishes. 💐

Community Manager

Re: Recurrence in skin around breast!

Hi yous2bliddle,

We're sorry you haven't received a reply yet.

If you'd like to get in touch with our breast care nurses about any questions or concerns you have, please don't hesitate to phone our free Helpline on 0808 800 6000. Our Helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm and Saturday from 9am to 1pm.

Kindest regards,

Bernadette

Recurrence in skin around breast!

I went to oncologist and was referred to surgeon who biopsied everything but skin. Took him almost 4 months to do a punch biopsy.  Now entire breast and part of my non cancer breast and up into my neck are involved.  Start treatment tomorrow with a new oncologist and surgeon at the University of Virginia.