cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results day tomorrow - terrified

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Re: Results day tomorrow - terrified

Hi they are talking about possible lipofilling and maybe surgery to release the nipple . I would rather they just fix the nipple, not so bothered about the filling but to be honest looking at the breast now as it is just really reminds me of what I’ve been through and I do want to get past that so maybe lipofilling will be a good option.   I really wanted to have my first mammogram before I considered further treatments but will see what they say at my appointment. I can see what your saying about having reconstruction I think  if I was in your shoes I would be thinking the same and you can have it further down the line if you choose to  you’re only young . There are so many options for us so take one day at a time. Xx nicky xx

Hi LBow82.

I will just have the breast reconstructed, the nipple has not been mentioned. 
My reconstruction was delayed due to radiotherapy, so that makes sense. 
When I had the mastectomy I felt relief, I felt so much better knowing everything was gone. 
When the surgeon confirmed I was going to be ok, and I had clean margins, I knew I was going to be fine. 

Hi

Thank you for your message and sharing your experience. 

I think I feel happy having the mastectomy as it will, in theory, take all the cancer and any suspicious cells. Hopefully it will save me from having to go through all the worry every time I feel a lump or they see something on a scan. 

I am hoping to get a reconstruction later down the line. 

L x 

The consultant has recommended that I delay the reconstruction as it may affect the effectiveness of any follow up treatments (if that makes sense!). She also said that because its only 8 months since I had a baby it may be hard to match the other breast as they are still “settling down” after breast feeding. The consultant also said that, after living with out the breast for period of time, some people become comfortable with it and stick with a prosthetic or nothing. However, at this moment I feel like I want a reconstruction. 

Will they reconstruct just your nipple or will it be a full reconstruction? Sorry, just curious. I understand if you don’t want to discuss it xx 

L x 

Hi LBow82

I was diagnosed May 18 with IDC, I had Chemo pre surgery, then a mastectomy, followed by Radiotherapy. 
I was happy to have the mastectomy, the surgery removed what the chemo treatment did not. 
I am having a reconstruction in Jan 2020, I was discharged from oncology in July. 
Mastectomy sounds worse then it is. 
Lots of luck with your treatments going forward. 

I’m so sorry about the mastectomy, did they discuss reconstruction? I didn’t have a mastectomy but my nipple is so inverted after radiotherapy that my surgeon has referred me to the plastics team xxx

I didn’t have the second ultrasound today as the results from the biopsy has shown that there is more cancer cells in my breast. The consultant has recommended a mastectomy and she will do a node biopsy at the same time. Surgery has been booked for 26th November. Further treatment will be decided after surgery and results of node biopsy. 

Not sure how I’m feeling really. I will be pleased to get the cancer out of my body and the consultant believes that a mastectomy will take away all cancer and any suspect masses. But I will be losing my breast, which is a massive change to my body. 

L x 

Hope all goes well tomorrow , big hugs xxx

Aw thank you. My appointment was ok. They want to do a second ultrasound as they think there is some more cancerous cells in the same breast but in a different place to the original lump I found. I also had to have another biopsy, which was so much more painful than the first one! It seems that they are struggling with my scans as they say that my breast tissue is dense and is hard to see on the scans.
The consultant said that if the other masses are cancerous then she would recommend a mastectomy then either radiotherapy or chemotherapy. She gave me provisional surgery dates of either 26th November or 6th December. 
she did say that my nodes are functioning which I believe means that the cancer hasn’t spread. This was my main fear! 
I have an appointment on Thursday next week for the second ultrasound with the radiographer and then with the consultant to get results of the second biopsy. Hopefully then I will get a clearer picture of what the treatment will be. 

Thank you for thinking of me. 

L x 

Hi hope you’re doing ok , just to let you know I was thinking of you xx

Thank you x 

Hi will be thinking of you tomorrow . I only waited a week to surgery so hopefully you won’t have to wait to long. Sending big hugs nicky xxx

Thank you for your reply and sharing your experience. I’m happy to hear that you have come through this. I think even if my treatment doesn’t start straight away at least I will know what’s happening and when. Your idea of putting everything on the calendar sounds good - I may steal it! 

My appointment isn’t until 4.40 tomorrow- literally the last of the day so hoping the day goes quickly. 

L x 

Thank you for your reply and sharing your experience.

I am usually quite a patient person but I’m losing my mind with this! Fingers crossed tomorrow goes quickly because my appointment isn’t until 4.40pm! 

L x 

Hi L.

yes it is a terrifying time waiting for your results.  Its permanently in your head no matter what you do...   but....when you get them and they discuss your treatment plan with you,

then you have something to aim for.   I personally was kinda relieved .... and when everything was in place i wrote on my calendar every date and what i would be having done.   Then i crossed each one off and on to the next session...

i had Triple Negative confirmed on 27th March,  more tests and scan and finally had my surgery on 16th April,  so i didnt wait long.

i have now finished my treatment,  still get some aches n pains but my hair is growing now as are my eyebrows n eyelashes.   It seemed a long tunnel but i have come out the other side and you will to.

pls let me know how you get on tomorrow with your results.  
mini mad xx 💖💖

Hi L, It’s understandable that you are feeling so scared at the moment. The fear of the unknown is the worst kind. There is nothing to fight against at the moment until you know what exactly you will be dealing with. There are so many bespoke treatments these days that you can rest assured that whatever it is, it will be dealt with. There are also specific guidelines for cancer treatment. Once you have a diagnosis I believe that treatment has to start within 30 days. I had to wait exactly that for my surgery.

Try and hang on to the positives - you are alive and have children to love & care for. Good luck for tomorrow. There are lots of women on here that will be going through similar things and will be able to support you.

Results day tomorrow - terrified

Hi

So I finally get the results of my mammogram and MRI tomorrow. It has been two weeks since my mammogram and 10 days since my MRI. Feels like we have been in limbo for so long. I am so scared about what the results might be. Is it treatable? Has it spread? Every ache and pain I feel I’m petrified it has spread to another part of my body. 

I know it’s a case of what will be will be but I can’t seem to see past tomorrow. We are going away to Center Parcs on Monday but I can’t motivate myself to start packing. I haven’t even made a list and I love a list!!
I’m trying to be excited for the girls but can’t think about anything else apart from this horrible thing in my body. I just want it out of me but I know it will probably be another long wait for the surgery - if that is my first stage of treatment. How long did anyone else have to wait for surgery/start treatment after receiving results/treatment plan? 

Thanks for listening

L x