cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sentinel node imagery and injection

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Sentinel node imagery and injection

Hi Vic,

Really good to hear you’re not sore yet and let’s hope it stays that waySmiley Happy 

xxxx

Hi Maria13 all went ok not sore yet. Sorry you have to go back for 2nd op, March seems a long way off till next op but I’m no expert. Fingers cross other results are good, I know waiting is grim xxx vic xxx

@Marla13 wrote:

Hi Vic,

I hope your radiotherapy went well last week? I realise you've just started but am hoping you are coping OK with it? I've updated the thread on my surgery, in response to Helen's message-her message prompted me to reply (I'm not as good as I was last year in checking the forum messages). 

Sending you lots of healing vibes and hoping you have a lovely week-end.

xxxx

Hi Vic,

I hope your radiotherapy went well last week? I realise you've just started but am hoping you are coping OK with it? I've updated the thread on my surgery, in response to Helen's message-her message prompted me to reply (I'm not as good as I was last year in checking the forum messages). 

Sending you lots of healing vibes and hoping you have a lovely week-end.

xxxx

Hi Helen,

So great to hear from youSmiley Happy. I hope you are well? I had my results appointment yesterday and without going into too much detail...we got clear margins on one side, but not the other...so I'm going to have a re-excision once the breast settles from this op-probably in March. I have to say...the entire surgery experience could not have gone any better for me, from no sickness, to the food in the hospital (I had delicious seabass within 3 hours of coming up from recoverySmiley Happy and my mobility and range of movement is pretty good. I stopped taking painkillers two days after surgery. All in all I'm doing really well. I have complete trust in my surgeon and aesthetically my breast looks amazing...she will make the next incision in the same place so there won't be any aesthetic "cost" to having a 2nd op. I'm more than thrilled that she is willing to go back in there and try and "shave off those last remaining cells"-as she put it, but of course, I know there are no guarantees. I am waiting on a couple of lymph node pathology results but she said as far as she can tell, all is fine (based on the results she received so far).

How are you doing Helen? xxxx 

Hi Marla, I've been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing and came across this thread. 

So glad to hear that you've had your surgery and keeping my fingers crossed for your results. 🤞.

When are you back for your results?  🙏

Looked back at some of our posts from last year, how brave you were to make the decisions that you did. All the ups and downs and highs and lows we went through. 🤗

Thinking of you, keep posting to let us know how you are.

Love, Helen 💖💖💖

Good luck for Thursday Vic! I'm hoping that will be my last step too but am also trying to be realistic in that I may need further surgery. Will update as and when I know.

Thinking of you and hoping your first radiotherapy appt. goes well.

xxx

Aw great news you are doing well. My last step is Thursday when I start radio therapy for 4 weeks, keep me updated on how you get on vic xxxx

@Marla13 wrote:

Thanks a million for checking in VicSmiley Happy. I'm amazed to say but it all went well-I don't have the pathology results yet but as for the cosmetic aspect, the injection the PM prior & the surgery itself...it all went well. I felt quite well within 3 hours of coming up from the OR & had a really yummy seabass for dinner at the hospital; Smiley LOLfor hospital food it was really lovelySmiley Happy. I wasn't at all sick from the anaesthetic cause I had spoken to the anaesthetist prior and explained I've had nausea and vomiting in the past. She was lovely and gave me an anti emetic and ensured there was plenty of that available if I needed it post-op. I do have a little numbness around the area but I understand that's normal and can take time to heal. 

Thank you so much for checking in....I really appreciate it. 

I hope you are well?

xxx

Thanks a million for checking in VicSmiley Happy. I'm amazed to say but it all went well-I don't have the pathology results yet but as for the cosmetic aspect, the injection the PM prior & the surgery itself...it all went well. I felt quite well within 3 hours of coming up from the OR & had a really yummy seabass for dinner at the hospital; Smiley LOLfor hospital food it was really lovelySmiley Happy. I wasn't at all sick from the anaesthetic cause I had spoken to the anaesthetist prior and explained I've had nausea and vomiting in the past. She was lovely and gave me an anti emetic and ensured there was plenty of that available if I needed it post-op. I do have a little numbness around the area but I understand that's normal and can take time to heal. 

Thank you so much for checking in....I really appreciate it. 

I hope you are well?

xxx

@Alvilajo wrote:

Hi Maria 

I was absolutely fine as far as I can remember, seems so long ago now. It certainly didn’t affect my sleep and was not painful. Hope it goes well for you and your op. Enjoy your dinner 😁 xxx

@Marla13 wrote:

Hi Alvilajo,

It was reassuring to read your message that your sentinel node mapping (which is what I believe it is called)? was painless and easy. I have my WLE surgery tomorrow, with the sentinel node mapping (lymphoscintigraphy) & injection of the dye, this afternoon. I was of the belief the injection was an injection into the arm! till I Google'd (cause the info. sheet I got from my hospital didn't specify where the dye gets injected to and I didn't use my common senseSmiley Happy

I have made plans to have dinner with my best friend after my appointment and was concerned cause the letter said the whole process will take 2 hours. When I spoke to my surgeon & explained I wanted to have dinner with my friend tonight, she was lovely and said that I don't have to stay for the images (she'll see what's what at surgery anyways) & that I can leave after the injection. But having seen your post and that it all took a total of 50 mins. I may have the time to stay and get the images done too. I think I will play it by ear. 

I read that some women found the injection site painful (post injection)-did you find it stopped you from sleeping (did you have it on same day as your surgery)? As I said, I'm having mine late this afternoon and surgery tomorrow AM. I was hoping to have a decent night sleep tonight. 

xxxx

Hi maria

just checking in on how you are and how surgery went xxx vic xxx

Highlighted

Thanks so much for the hug-much needed & appreciatedSmiley HappyHeartHeartHeart

Thanks a million for such a speedy responseSmiley Happy

Sending you much Heart

xxx

Hi Maria 

I was absolutely fine as far as I can remember, seems so long ago now. It certainly didn’t affect my sleep and was not painful. Hope it goes well for you and your op. Enjoy your dinner 😁 xxx

@Marla13 wrote:

Hi Alvilajo,

It was reassuring to read your message that your sentinel node mapping (which is what I believe it is called)? was painless and easy. I have my WLE surgery tomorrow, with the sentinel node mapping (lymphoscintigraphy) & injection of the dye, this afternoon. I was of the belief the injection was an injection into the arm! till I Google'd (cause the info. sheet I got from my hospital didn't specify where the dye gets injected to and I didn't use my common senseSmiley Happy

I have made plans to have dinner with my best friend after my appointment and was concerned cause the letter said the whole process will take 2 hours. When I spoke to my surgeon & explained I wanted to have dinner with my friend tonight, she was lovely and said that I don't have to stay for the images (she'll see what's what at surgery anyways) & that I can leave after the injection. But having seen your post and that it all took a total of 50 mins. I may have the time to stay and get the images done too. I think I will play it by ear. 

I read that some women found the injection site painful (post injection)-did you find it stopped you from sleeping (did you have it on same day as your surgery)? As I said, I'm having mine late this afternoon and surgery tomorrow AM. I was hoping to have a decent night sleep tonight. 

xxxx

Hi Alvilajo,

xxxx

Hi the dye was done whilst I was. Asleep before op, the day before I had the nuclear dept where they inject the radio active stuff which didn't hurt. Xx good luck tomoz your be fine xxxx

Hi. Is this the injection into the nipple with the blue dye? I have this in the morning followed by the biopsy where I am being put to sleep. I’m so scared I’ve never been put to sleep before and I’ve fainted when I had the MRI with the dye. I also fainted with the pre op. I am terrible with needles. 

Good luck tomorrow. I’ve got my date 24th April. X

Wishing you all the best for it. I realised after I posted that I had seen that somewhere else xx

My surgery is tomorrow. Xxx

Thanks for that, was worried about it. Was it done on day of surgery, was told mine would be.

@Alvilajo wrote:

Hi all, just to say anyone having this done it it absolutely fine, it's a tiny injection I only felt a little scratch then a few images taken . Took 50 minutes in total and was a nice and relaxing laying there xxx

Sentinel node imagery and injection

Hi all, just to say anyone having this done it it absolutely fine, it's a tiny injection I only felt a little scratch then a few images taken . Took 50 minutes in total and was a nice and relaxing laying there xxx