Denise760

Re: No more treatment

Bless you xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Pam, 

Such a brave lady.

🌈❤️ Thank you for sharing at what is a difficult and very private time. 

Best forever, 

Angel Eyes x

Shi
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Pam, know our virtual ❤️ And 👭 are always with you beautiful ❤️ Wishing you 🌞🌞 and special time with family. 💕💕Shi xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Wishing you lots of sunshine filled days with your family Pam , hopefully feeling comfortable and as pain free as possible thanks to the hospice .

Best wishes Jill x

Tili

Dear Pam,

Thinking of you, what a brave lady you are. Hopefully you can enjoy your grandchildren, the sun will shine on you and your family and friends as the weeks pass along.

Big hugs my lovely Tili 🙏 xx

Newgrandma

hi, I too have opted for no more treatment. I am 74, with mets in lung pleura bones and liver, slow growing for triple negative disease  - treatment for last 4 years but always some progression somewhere. Several different chemos, surgery, radiotherapy, drug trials - the usual joys of living with BC.

After 2 rounds of eribulin left he in a and e for 5 hours on a drip, so weak and nauseated, unable to eat, breathless and close to giving up completely, I decided no more and I was referred to our local hospice for respite palliative care, where I discovered the hospice is not only a place to die but a place to learn to live well, for however long that may be. 

For once, I feel back in control of my life - the care and kindness there were beyond words. Maybe a scary prospect for the future but a holistic approach  - the first time for 6 months that a doctor actually listened to my chest rather than talking via zoom , with reassurance that I didn't need a pleural effusion drainage yet but it would be monitored. Ok, there are ,of  bags of drugs to cope with all my symptoms but looking at the whole rather than one symptom at a time.  Every kind of support - gadgets from OT, exercises from physios to improve breathing, emotional support from councillors to help  adjust to my situation and  always advice and help 24/7. Nausea under control - I am eating again , gaining some strength and a bit of  weight back on, breathlessness mostly under control so I can function, even exercise a little. And I am back with my family, with some quality of life .

Maybe the pandemic has altered my view of the future - shielding for a year, no contact with grandkids  etc  what a bugger of a year for us all. I still have those night time moments, hence writing this at 3.30am and I may not see my next birthday but I mostly am at peace with that now.  I dont feel I've given up, acceptance has given me back  my life. Not the choice for everyone I know but the right one for me.

Good luck with your treatment journey, stay well when you can. Not sure how many more posts there will be from me but the support and love from this website  has meant a lot. Thank you.

Love and hugs, pam x x

barbarab55

I am sat waiting for my chemo and my stomach has knotted and my pain for you is so real it hurts. I too am secondary which has gone to my liver, currently I’m ok but I know this could be at any time. My whole being cries out to you.  I would hate to be facing what you are currently, but I am equally aware it could be my turn any time in the future. You must be so frightened my lovely, I hope and pray you can eventually fell more at peace within yourself. You have all my love in this journey. Kind thoughts Barbara

carolw24

Hi @carolsav,  I can't even begin to imagine how you feel.  I only I have one more treatment option left and then i will be in the same place as you.  Scary, numb, unfair doesn't even cover it.  I lost my little sister (37 yrs old) to cancer 4 years ago and it was a matter of weeks after no more treatment options.  Horrible rubbish times.  My heart goes out to you.  And I know I am not far behind you...... big love x

Seabreeze

Hi Carol,

Sending virtual hugs to you. I'm so sorry to hear your news. I can only imagine how you feel (I had a secondary scare 3 years after initial diagnosis).

Do you have enough support and assistance at home? Has the hospital provided you with guidance on pain relief?

Are there ways you can try and calm your mind a tad, via mindfulness, taking in sights and sounds of nature if you are up to being taken out, or some such?   

Sending hugs,

Seabreeze xxx

Trisha69

How you doing sweetheart? x

Walsh

Carol I am so sorry to read your post,I don’t take part in many discussions,I read them ,and hope i live with this awful **bleep**ty disease as long as I can,like you I am scarred every day.

I just want to be here to see my family grow.Like your earlier post I had no idea what Secondary Breast Cancer meant.I think Secondary Breast Cancer needs to be highlighted more and the awful devastation that it causes to families,also the treatment that Can be given to help Secondary Breast Cancer.

There is not enough awareness of what this disease can do.

I can only say I am so sad,that treatment for you has ended,I don’t know you but so sorry.

bw.xxxx

Anniej
Community Champion

Hi Carol, I am so sorry to hear of your news. I do hope that you will phone the nurses here and get some help and support at this very difficult time. Has your GP been informed? You must access help through them. They can put you in contact with Marie Curie if you have not done so yourself. My GP service has a cancer nurse who is available. I guess at the moment you are just processing this information, and I’m hoping that you have family and friends who can support you at this time. I’m sending big hugs. Please keep in touch if you can. X

Jill1998
Community Champion

Very sorry to hear your news ,sending  you lots of love and hoping you have lots of support at home .Are you getting support from hospice ?

carolsav

No more treatment

Came into hosp 2 weeks ago now  and just discharged home. There is nothing more to be done for me. I'm scared and numb. i don't know if anyone will read this.