I am BRCA 2 and cannot make up my mind abut having breast reconstruction. I am taking Tamoxifen and remain unsure what are side effects of that or just life in general. What kind of support would have been helpful to you? What pushed you into the reconstruction area? I have another consultation with a geneticist this week. Not having breast cancer somehow make the decision very difficult
I'm 10 days on from a double masectomy and reconstruction.
Was BRAC 2 positive with 88% risk. After trying Tamoxifen made the decision to go ahead with surgery. Ca hx in family plus genetics awlful. Right decision made. However lack of support has hit me.
I'm now considering a double mastectomy, my history is I was diagnosed in 2014, initially after genetic testing was told it wasn't BRCA 1 OR 2 but 3 years later they test my blood again and I have the PALb2 gene - about a 50% chance of it returning apparently.
Initially i had a lumpectomy, very small scar, so feel the double mastectomy is a huge step for me but finding the mammograms so stressful now i know i have the gene, maybe it's the only way forward?
Can i ask how long your recovery was ?
thank you JL XX
No reconstruction is also an option to consider. I've had 2 mastectomys and am living flat and very happy with it. If you do decide to go this way, I recommend the facebook group flat friends.
All the best, whatever you decide
Fixings Packed in B-Tight Mask by Maelys Cosmetics !
After perusing the mark of B-Tight Mask pack, we found that right now lifting veil contains an interesting blend of every common fixing, for example, Ecoslim, Pink Pepperslim, and Red Grapefruit Oil. As per the case made by the maker, these fixings considered as incredibly safe to utilize and doesn't make any mischief your skin! read more information here https://richardpeppard.com.au/b-tight-booty-mask/
Really sad to know, my mother was also diagnosed with breast cancer and lost her life just after 20 days as it was metastatic and had spread to her bones and brain. No treatment worked for her and it happened all too fast. Sending my prayers your way.
I wonder if you would like to speak with one of our clinical experts on the free Helpline, 0808 800 6000. They will be able to help you talk through your options.
Alterncatively you can post a question on the Ask Our Nurses area of the Forum where they can respond to you online.
Digital Community Officer
Had HER BC 14 years ago so had a WLE on right breast with Radiotherapy and Tamoxifen..
Recently diagnosed with another primary cancer on left breast and got genetically tested and come back positive BRAC2 so double mastectomy and oopherectomy inbound. Cancer has come back as stage 3 and triple negative.
Choice of implants or DIEP flap for reconstruction and as I have had radiotherpy previously I am not sure if this skin will tolerate having inflatable impant...dont really know whether to go down this route, as it obviously much less surgery than a DIEP only then to find that the radiotherapied skin wont tolerate implants or that the radiotherapy i will have to have this time will aggivate any capsular constriction....