Help and advice pls

My genetic testing came back as moderate risk so for the last four years I have been going for checkups and a mammogram, today when I went for my mammogram I have been given the option to take thyroxine for five years and was given a sheet of paper and the website address to google the information in which I felt slightly let down with. I spoke with someone at Maggies care centre who are going to look into it and get back to me As they don’t have the relevant information to hand but suggested I write on this forum to see if anyone else is in the same situation as me or is anyone taking thyroxine after having results from genetic chart testi as they don’t have the relevant information to hand but suggested I write on this forum to see if anyone else is in the same situation as me or is anyone taking thyroxine after having results from genetic testing. I can’t make this decision on my own as I feel I need to speak to someone experience of dealing with this situation and would appreciate anybody letting me know your thoughts and views thank you in advance

Hi Mary ,sorry you have not had a reply so far - I’ve not heard of thyroxine being taken as a preventative measure .You could ask
about this in the Ask the Nurses Section of the forum ? Hopefully someone will see your post who has been in the same position .Jill

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Questions-about-primary-breast/bd-p/primarybc