Hello Linda and Janey, I’m glad I’ve found this thread. I’ve been told I need the Oncotype test as my prognostic index put me in that category. I too was ER+ and HER2-, and my tumour was 22mm, so I guess that put me in this group. I’m meeting the oncologist on Thursday so she can authorise the Oncotype text. I don’t know what the numbers for the test results mean (may need to Google it 😉), but like you, Linda, I’d previously thought I wouldn’t need chemo, and now trying to get my head around the fact that I might. In the meantime I need further breast surgery next week as the margins on my tumour weren’t clear, so I’m just trying to take things one day at a time. I hope all goes well for you, Linda.
I was in a similar position, with a larger than originally expected tumour, which tipped me into being eligible for the Oncotype Test. It was a horribly long wait for the results (or at least it felt so at the time). My result was 17, so I avoided chemo.
Good luck with your results.
Just had my results for WLE as HER negative oestrogen pos. Lesion was 12mm but they found another one close by at 3mm that didn't show on mammogram or ultra sound. Both measure 15mm but they have measured with the gap as 30mm and have sent sample to America for Oncotype to evaluate whether chemo would benefit. I must admit although a bit shocked as chemo was always a no but I am very grateful they have agreed to do this test. Has anyone experienced this and if you don't mind me asking what were you results? Linda x