Worried about my children

Hi I was diagnosed sep18 mx October 18 er - pr- HER 2+.

finished chemotherapy end of Feb 19 now on number 5/18 herecipin injections. I’m 39 years old with 4 children 2 girls aged 21 and 11 and two boys aged 17 and 19. I had oseosarcarma (cancer of the knee ) when I was 15. 

My son had Hodgkin lymphoma last year he is now better.

I have received a letter to attend a gene test in a couple of weeks they also sent me a survey with some scary questions about my children in it .

My 21 year old daughter has just told me both of her breasts feel heavy and she has a rash on one of them she has just had a miscarriage so didn’t know if it is to do with that . I will take her to doctors don’t think my head can take anymore . Any advice would be very grateful.

Hi Angie79,

I completely understand your worry, your family has had more than their fair share of cancer. Breast cancer in 21 year olds is very rare, could your daughters symptoms be due to hormone changes, the contraceptive pill? My daughter is 25 and has had lumpy breasts and a nipple discharge on and off for a few years now, thankfully all down to hormones!  Referral forms for genetics are a minefield, even though not designed to scare they never the less they do!!

I hope you are now feeling calmer.

Best wishes